researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You make me laugh Ardwark! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it happy that we folks in the big 'ole world all have different tastes. Who can say what the future holds for anyone off of the X Factor or otherwise. The music industry is pretty (understatement) pants anyway these days, let's be honest. But is it so incredulity inducing a concept that Aiden does have fans who really want to hear what kind of material he'd make himself, and desperately hope he'll get a deal and be able to release something: for him & for us?

Regarding Aiden's singing, I think he has a great voice with a lovely tone and lots of power behind it (except on high notes) as well as having a uniqueness in how he sings, but of course he did lose control on the live shows, and when he loses it he can proper lose it. But I think it was likely the pressure & there was so much exaggeration around all that stuff. I mean, please :rolleyes:. Only Jealous Guy was affected, and even that I feel could have been great if Aiden had had longer than 2 minutes to continue with it. But this is all besides any point. Let's face it, there's a lot of people in the world who can sing a pretty tune. With an artist you're going to be a true fan of, the performer needs to make you feel. That's really all that matters, and Aiden can do that for me so it's all good I guess, no? :)

If it really is inconceivable why we want success for Aiden, here's some videos of why we want that, not from Aiden's time on the X Factor. You can criticise these of course, but maybe it'll help you understand, maybe not...

Aiden using guitar & playing some songs at a school just 'cause of everything Aiden does, this is when I think he's proper at his best and really moves me, so I hope you get that from this even if it leaves you cold personally.

Secondly, it makes me laugh a little when Aiden is considered so very awkward, because at post X Factor gigs he hasn't been thus, so let's try to find a fun video... Oh there are too many to be bothered searching through, but here is one - the first time he sang this with the words still haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j52jDkY5Wgg.

Regarding fan base and leaving the show early on. Personally, the week Aiden left, I did vote, and quite a bit too (I don't usually X Factor vote)... not a ridiculous amount though, because even though I was very worried Aiden might be in the bottom two, deep down, I didn't actually seriously believe he'd have the least votes. I thought the following week he'd likely be in the bottom two, but I was sure Katie and Paige at least would be before Aiden, so when we knew it was just one person going I reckoned he'd be OK.... If I reckoned really he should be safe as a fan who was worried anyway, likely a lot of people thought similarly. But my point was supposed to be that I posted on Aiden's AT thread at that time and followed his twitter and both increased exponentially in their followers and the speed they moved after Aiden left. I don't know why, but Aiden seemed to gether a lot more support after he left the show. :confused:

Again, none of this matters too much. What matters is what fans Aiden'll have hopefully when he releases his own stuff, and I am excited to hear what that may be and think it would be really interesting and hopefully fabulous. Can't say it will be, but here's hoping personally for something interesting and all :). I really do think that he has a lot of potential to have a dedicated fanbase as a musician. Maybe not a massive fan base: I couldn't care less and I kinda would in a way rather it weren't too large as the more mainstream, the more diluted what he'd do people may want him to be??? As long as I can hear whatever it is that he does next I'll be happy.

xxx ehehe Sorry I went onandonandon???????????

Have avoided posting in these threads but I just want to say I LOVE YOU! :D;)

But yes, I agree with everything you said. *Back to the AT I go*
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I

Aiden using guitar & playing some songs at a school just 'cause of everything Aiden does, this is when I think he's proper at his best and really moves me, so I hope you get that from this even if it leaves you cold personally.

Secondly, it makes me laugh a little when Aiden is considered so very awkward, because at post X Factor gigs he hasn't been thus, so let's try to find a fun video... Oh there are too many to be bothered searching through, but here is one - the first time he sang this with the words still haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j52jDkY5Wgg.

I love your posts spiralstatic, and the chasing cars performance is stunning! :eek:
  • Options
    sinbad22uksinbad22uk Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    Yes, and he was terrible on each one. The only week I'll give to him is Week 1 with Mad World - because we were taken in by the 'Jean Slater' act. After that, it became obvious he couldn't sing for toffee.

You need to get out more, have you never heard of a very succesful singer called Rufus Wainwright??? Aiden's voice and persona are very much similar. Rufus hasn't got a great voice either but he's got a presence and a huge following.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    I love your posts spiralstatic, and the chasing cars performance is stunning! :eek:

Totally agree, that Chasing Cars performance is lovely, one of my favourites he's done since leaving the show.
  • Options
    researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sinbad22uk wrote: »
    You need to get out more, have you never heard of a very succesful singer called Rufus Wainwright??? Aiden's voice and persona are very much similar. Rufus hasn't got a great voice either but he's got a presence and a huge following.

This is like comparing Geri Halliwell to Ella Fitzgerald! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Eff off, get over it, get a life, get out more" LOL

I think this is Cher fans in disguise :D
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ive come across a lot of Aiden fans who think the same too :) Even Louis stated on the xtra factor that Aiden reminded him of Rufus.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Aiden gave some good performances like Mad World and Diamonds are Forever that went with his intense style. Unfortunately IMO they weren't the rule - Jealous Guy and Don't Dream its Over were terrible, DDIO was almost like a bad audition :eek: All right, he had an unusual vocal style, but on something like Jealous Guy and Thriller it was painful to listen to. At least he tried to do something different with Thriller, it just didnt work, IMO. I think he seemed too nervous on stage and his breathing was all over the place.
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spunk_1 wrote: »
    Well apparently his mad world got to number 5 in the charts so people obviously liked it! You think Aiden didn't deserve to make it to 9th?? You actually think that Katie, Wagner, One direction deserved to outlast Aiden in the competition? And that in fact he shouldve gone before that? Seriously?

I do actually believe they were better than him.

Liked his first Live performance, but he went down after that. Also there's a lot more to an artist than just the singing, his awkwardness in interviews couldn't have helped as well, most people just didn't take to him.

It would help if you focused on Aiden and his capabilities rather than trying to cover his lack of it by comparing him to others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish everyone could just accept that there are people who really like Aiden and those who don't, and that each group could discuss and debate their points in an adult manner without telling people to 'get a life' or 'eff off'!! It's not constructive and it isn't conducive to a productive conversation!!

Personally, I have really enjoyed Aiden's performances. He reminds me of the alternative 80's scene that I was brought up on, and find him so different to all the mainstream performers who are out there at the moment.
  • Options
    AliBaba2010AliBaba2010 Posts: 4,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Aiden gave some good performances like Mad World and Diamonds are Forever that went with his intense style. Unfortunately IMO they weren't the rule - Jealous Guy and Don't Dream its Over were terrible, DDIO was almost like a bad audition :eek: All right, he had an unusual vocal style, but on something like Jealous Guy and Thriller it was painful to listen to. At least he tried to do something different with Thriller, it just didnt work, IMO. I think he seemed too nervous on stage and his breathing was all over the place.

For me personally I quite like the nervous disposition and that his breathing was all over the place... (Weird??)... Saying that, my favourite vocalists aren't technically great but they have something unique about their voices that I find arresting... Which is why I like Aiden.

These are some of my favourite vocalists:
    Alec Ounsworth from Clap Your Hands Say Yeah >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD6DleIlK2E&feature=related
    Jonny Pierce from The Drums >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvW9E2606Oc&feature=fvw
    Anthony Hegarty from Anthony & The Johnsons >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP4hoz-Knac
    All not technically perfect but all very interesting... Like Aiden:D
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No of course not lol. But others should respect the fact that not everyone will agree with their opinion. I personally cannot abide Cher but I don't start threads slagging off how rubbish she is and therefore why has she got a record deal. Aiden is very love/hate and whilst I can totally see why some will not like him there are plenty of us who do.

There isn't a singer alive who everyone will like. I know loads of people who hate Queen, one of THE greatsest bands in history in my opinion- but that's the key- in MY opinion. Too many people put their opinion across like some sort of fact, rather than just their personal viewpoint.

It is a discussion forum, people are free to air their views regardless of if you agree with them or not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love him, I love his voice, I love his personality, I love his quiff :D, I love his twitcams and tweets, I love his performances, hell I even love his mum!

I refuse to vote in the XF until the latter stages. I'm an insane Leona fan too and I didn't even vote for her until the week before semi-finals. Had Aiden got to this stage I would have voted for him (the way I ended up voting for Matt later on)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    It is a discussion forum, people are free to air their views regardless of if you agree with them or not.

I would like to air my view that the Aiden obsessives, (and I'm not talking about his fans) are a tad sad to be continuously talking about him when they cannot stand him :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    Perdita_x wrote: »
    I wish everyone could just accept that there are people who really like Aiden and those who don't, and that each group could discuss and debate their points in an adult manner without telling people to 'get a life' or 'eff off'!! It's not constructive and it isn't conducive to a productive conversation!!

Personally, I have really enjoyed Aiden's performances. He reminds me of the alternative 80's scene that I was brought up on, and find him so different to all the mainstream performers who are out there at the moment.

Thank you for posting this - I couldn't agree with you more. Can't we all just get along...? :) Let Aiden's fans love Aiden and let Aiden's haters hate him. For those of you who don't like him, you're not going to change his fans views just as his fans won't change yours.

I shall now retreat back to my Baileys...
  • Options
    GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,813
    Forum Member
    Every year there's an artist or group who lost out on the X-Factor that their supporters are convinced that they intended for great things.

The reality is that, after the X-Factor tour ends, they may get gigs but all that will happen to them is that they'll fade back into obscurity.

I can remember a few years ago, when Eton Road had a following of dedicated fans who really believed that they were going to become a major act. Look what happened there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gillypoots wrote: »
    Every year there's an artist or group who lost out on the X-Factor that their supporters are convinced that they intended for great things.

The reality is that, after the X-Factor tour ends, they may get gigs but all that will happen to them is that they'll fade back into obscurity.

I can remember a few years ago, when Eton Road had a following of dedicated fans who really believed that they were going to become a major act. Look what happened there.

Yes. What a blessed relief too. :cool:
  • Options
    PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Doesn't really bother me if he does (or doesn't), but if he does, I will be buying it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    lahtigurl wrote: »
    This comment alone shows how much you know about vocal techniques and stuffs.

Vocal techniques like occasionally hitting the right note?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anactoria wrote: »
    Vocal techniques like occasionally hitting the right note?

Accidents happen darling.
  • Options
    LittleNothingLittleNothing Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

sorry to hijack an Aiden thread with this (:o) but Rufus Wainwright does not have a "great voice" :confused: dont think I have ever heard that one before :confused:
    He is imo one of the greatest singers in the world. I have seen him live 4 times and can testify to how incredible his voice is.
    The tone of his voice may not be to everybodys liking, but by no means does that mean it is not great.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtSBAgCSgv8

But your comparison to Aiden isnt a million miles off, I can see bits of Rufus in Aiden when he performs, the music seems to affect them in a simmilar way, like it takes them over.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    sorry to hijack an Aiden thread with this (:o) but Rufus Wainwright does not have a "great voice" :confused: dont think I have ever heard that one before :confused:
    He is imo one of the greatest singers in the world. I have seen him live 4 times and can testify to how incredible his voice is.
    The tone of his voice may not be to everybodys liking, but by no means does that mean it is not great.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtSBAgCSgv8

But your comparison to Aiden isnt a million miles off, I can see bits of Rufus in Aiden when he performs, the music seems to affect them in a simmilar way, like it takes them over.

I love Rufus. Thanks for posting this link, Little Nothing :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gillypoots wrote: »

But then there's a lot of X Factor "failures" who didn't make the final four who now have recording contracts so I don't think it's accurate to say they all fade back into obscurity because while it happened to Eton Road...it hasn't happened to them all.