Big Ron back on ITV???

2»

Comments

• Options
    Donald DallasDonald Dallas Posts: 3,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irs.uk wrote:
    Look at the title of your own thread! Not so obvious now is it?

It is obvious if you actually read the web page.

Plus there was the line..."At least it seems like he never left, according to ITV's website."

Or was that too subtle?
  • Options
    LucaLuca Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chas smash wrote:
    Rubbish that doesnt make him racist.
    His terminology was wrong but it isnt racist.poor choice of words.

I totally agree with you, Ron.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I feel quite sorry for Big Ron.

What he said was racist - and he shouldn't have said it.

If he had any sense, he wouldn't have done the documentary "Am I Racist" - where he blatantly lied about what he had said.

But I don't think his comments should see him ostracised. Plenty of people (if not everyone) has prejudices and says/ thinks things they shouldn't.

Unless I'm much mistaken Big Ron isn't an overtly, active racist going on National Front marches or setting fire to crosses. And certainly people like John Barnes have no problem with him.

Yet people like Mandelson, Blunkett etc. can be actively corrupt - and yet they get given second and third chances RUNNING THE COUNTRY.

But Big Ron, who's job was to talk bollocks for ninety minutes - is cast on the scrap heap and treat like some kind of criminal.
  • Options
    tellyadicttellyadict Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what happened to Des Lynam?

He had a Des Meets type show on Radio 5 live
  • Options
    dzfootballdzfootball Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also did a re-union type show for thr BBC's VE Coverage called We'll Meet Again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Political correctness gone mad.

Would he have been sacked if he'd accused an obese player of being a fat bast*rd?

Would he have been sacked if he had a called a Scottish person a jock?

No is the answer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    There is no such thing as an obese professional footballer (except maybe on Footballer's Wives).

And if you think that 'jock' equates with 'n****r' then you definitely don't know any black people (or scottish people for that matter)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JL wrote:
    Political correctness gone mad.

Posts like yours further my intuition never to listen to a word people say once they've uttered those magic words.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Earl16 wrote:
    There is no such thing as an obese professional footballer (except maybe on Footballer's Wives).

I always thought Mick Quinn was a little on the large side for a footballer as did most of the crowds judging by the "who ate all the pies" (also the name of his auto-biography) chants. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AxeGrinder wrote:
    Mick Quinn

You took the words out of my mouth. If you were Quinn (who is the size of the Death Star these days) you'd probably eat them too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazzawoo wrote:
    des retired

He's back in action tonight for Have I Got News for You! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irs.uk wrote:
    Posts like yours further my intuition never to listen to a word people say once they've uttered those magic words.

That post reminds me never to pay any attention to anything you say. Clearly a pea brain.