Strange cat food online

Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was thinking about buying cat food online and went on to have a look and found a lot of strange brands I've never heard of before like Applaws and ziwipeak.

Has anyone tried these brands or got other brands online?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to give my cat Applaws, it isn't cheap, but it is just meat, fish and cheese or pumpkin or similar ingredients, the cats lap it up, you also feel good giving you pet pure things. You can get tinned and dried.

I think it is good stuff, i was happy to give my cat that food, rather than food with additives and colouring and different coloured dried foods.

The price may have come down now, this was 2 years ago.

I haven't heard of the other one, but it may not have been around then.
  • Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks very much for your feedback!
  • hustedhusted Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member
    Mine loves Bozita. Comes in handy resealable tetrapak- like a milk carton. Initial appeal was tins were never finished tins and pouches were never enough.

But check out the reviews http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/canned_cat_food_pouches/bozita

Works out ok on price too (buy in bulk and get free delivery etc.)
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Swinetown wrote: »
    I used to give my cat Applaws, it isn't cheap, but it is just meat, fish and cheese or pumpkin or similar ingredients, the cats lap it up, you also feel good giving you pet pure things. You can get tinned and dried.

I think it is good stuff, i was happy to give my cat that food, rather than food with additives and colouring and different coloured dried foods.

The price may have come down now, this was 2 years ago.

I haven't heard of the other one, but it may not have been around then.

My cat <and Olli :(> love Applaws - Pets at Home sell it but at 93 - 98p a pouch - it certainly isnt cheap. Man in shop there said it worked out the same as whiskas etc., because they only needed on average two pouches a day instead of three of the cheaper ones.

What price is it online?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    My cat <and Olli :(> love Applaws - Pets at Home sell it but at 93 - 98p a pouch - it certainly isnt cheap. Man in shop there said it worked out the same as whiskas etc., because they only needed on average two pouches a day instead of three of the cheaper ones.

What price is it online?

As far as I can see nowadays it works out at around 75 p per pouch, bought per box.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Just a word of warning - Applaws pouches and tins for cats are classed as 'Complementary food'. You need to provide something else for the cat's nutrition needs.
  • Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Babu wrote: »
    Just a word of warning - Applaws pouches and tins for cats are classed as 'Complementary food'. You need to provide something else for the cat's nutrition needs.

Really? Like what?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Iggy's Boy wrote: »
    Really? Like what?

A Complete cat food that is tailored to the cat's nutrition needs.

The Applaws pouches and tins for cats are only complementary to the cat's normal diet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can buy Applaws complete dried food, my cat ate that aswell.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    husted wrote: »
    Mine loves Bozita. Comes in handy resealable tetrapak- like a milk carton. Initial appeal was tins were never finished tins and pouches were never enough.

But check out the reviews http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/canned_cat_food_pouches/bozita

Works out ok on price too (buy in bulk and get free delivery etc.)

My cats like bozita too. I give it to them for special treats - like the reindeer flavour one for Christmas

Poor Rudolph! :D :eek:
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Babu wrote: »

How times have changed :)

Remember having cats when we were children - I think kit-e-kat was the only choice for cat food.... no vaccinations or even visits to the vets iirc. Can`t even remember seeing cat biscuits around !
  • flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cats also love Applaws. Chicken and Ostrich, Chicken and Pumpkin being the favourites, but yes it isn't cheap so I get it occassionally for a treat. They would happily wolf it down until it came out of their ears if they had their way, lol.
  • Teo DollTeo Doll Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    My cat used to eat applaws tins but then went of it , now I'm feeding her encore tins and she loves it, for now anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teo Doll wrote: »
    My cat used to eat applaws tins but then went of it , now I'm feeding her encore tins and she loves it, for now anyway.

LOL You gotta love them:p