Things that are hated by everyone?

Comments

• Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked The End of Time and think The Rings of Akhaten is the worst ep I've seen....can't argue with you about The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe being terrible though.
    I really liked the first two of those!
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I don't think anyone likes the new Dalek design...

No! After they became metallic in asylum they look wonderful.
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    For me it has to be Colin Baker's coat! And those bloody question marks that JNT introduced onto the Doctor's lapels, jumpers, whatever!! :mad: They were sooo naff!!
  • Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show getting canceled
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    So, we all have our differing opinions on Akhaten, End of Time, Love & Monsters, Fear Her et al...

Do we all have similar opinions about The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardobe then? :p

I think it's quite fun trying to track down the closest thing to a universal opinion on something a bit less obvious than, say, cancellation :D
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, we all have our differing opinions on Akhaten, End of Time, Love & Monsters, Fear Her et al...

Do we all have similar opinions about The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardobe then? :p

I think it's quite fun trying to track down the closest thing to a universal opinion on something a bit less obvious than, say, cancellation :D

I loathe and abominate The Doctor, The Widow etc. Probably it's the only episode of DW that I find no single redeeming feature in.

Bill Bailey should rescue it for me as I am a big fan of his, but his presence makes it worse because he was just wasted in this drivel. He should have had a better part in a better episode. :mad:
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Widow and the Wardrobe. Almost offensive. What was he thinking? Weak.....weak....strong....strong..... Weak. Just Weak. What a waste of a great cast. Glad I had been on the sherry prior.

Half Human though. My therapist tells me that half human is the thing I really don't like. Nobody likes that American Spock balderdash.

Anyone saying they llke the sixth Doctors coat needs more therapy than me.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor and the Wardrobe is the only episode of DW new or old (that's available)i think i have never watched again. It was pitiful. I quite liked the design of Bill B and friends costumes. That was it. Even the end scene with the Ponds fell flat because again it hammered the 'lonely this Xmas' theme for the Doctor. Thank god for The Snowmen which showed a ridiculous spike in quality. After the Wardrobe I started having doubts about Moffat for the first and only time.
  • bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the doctor the widow and the wardrobe was that bad (much better than Journey's End and The Stolen Earth (apart from the davros scenes), Fear Her, Doomsday, Army of Ghosts, The Last of the Timelords and The End of Time).

Also I think Adric and Mel are a billion times better than River Song. Especially when you take into account the big finish audio stories with Mel in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctor, Widow and Wardrobe vote here too. I cannot ever watch that again. It was beyond dire. Just the weakest episode I had ever seen... And then Rings came along and joined it. Two episodes I would happily delete from existence.

I would watch Fear Her over either of those, and that had the worst title until then.
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,002
    Forum Member
    McCoy's wink.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Colin Baker's costume? Even Baker himself hated it apparently.

I don't actually mind it. I got used to it.
    Verence wrote: »
    I don't think anyone likes the new Dalek design...

If they made the new Daleks look metallic, I think they would be fine, but unfortunately they look like pieces of plastic crap

I wouldn't say I hated The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe; it had some good points, but it was a little bit rubbish.

Anyway, is there anyone here who didn't hate the Twin Dilemma? It's quite possibly the worst piece of drama I have ever watched in my life. Even primary school nativity plays are better.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if you can count the Doctor being half human.

I mean people can't hate it when they are pretending it never happened can they? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor and the Wardrobe is the only episode of DW new or old (that's available)i think i have never watched again. It was pitiful. I quite liked the design of Bill B and friends costumes. That was it. Even the end scene with the Ponds fell flat because again it hammered the 'lonely this Xmas' theme for the Doctor. Thank god for The Snowmen which showed a ridiculous spike in quality. After the Wardrobe I started having doubts about Moffat for the first and only time.

I'd forgotten the scene with the Ponds. I did quite like that but was baffled that the Doctor seemed surprised by his own tears. Surely he could remember what it's like to cry? He used to bawl his eyes quite often when he was 10!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you can count the Doctor being half human.

I mean people can't hate it when they are pretending it never happened can they? :D

I've come up with my own rationalisation so I can explain it away without any difficulty. :D
    I'd forgotten the scene with the Ponds. I did quite like that but was baffled that the Doctor seemed surprised by his own tears. Surely he could remember what it's like to cry? He used to bawl his eyes quite often when he was 10!

I think the point was that they were "Happy Tears".
    Can't remember if Tennant ever had happy tears...
    ...he probably did.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Indeed! And while I liked the scene at the time I realised it was just a relief to get to the end of that story and to see Amy and Rory was a blessed moment. But when that two or so minutes betters the previous fifty seven you know its trouble!
    I don't often get annoyed by Doctor Who...those few episodes I really dislike is just down to my taste but that one made me quite cross.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

Well TBF from his POV it had been over 300 since his last cry :D
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't actually mind it. I got used to it.

If they made the new Daleks look metallic, I think they would be fine, but unfortunately they look like pieces of plastic crap

I wouldn't say I hated The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe; it had some good points, but it was a little bit rubbish.

Anyway, is there anyone here who didn't hate the Twin Dilemma? It's quite possibly the worst piece of drama I have ever watched in my life. Even primary school nativity plays are better.

They have made them look more metallic, we've only seen the red and the blue ones but they look fantastic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've come up with my own rationalisation so I can explain it away without any difficulty. :D

I think the point was that they were "Happy Tears".
    Can't remember if Tennant ever had happy tears...
    ...he probably did.

Is that it? I may have misremembered, as I only saw it once. No, I don't think 10 did happy tears, ever. :D
    Well TBF from his POV it had been over 300 since his last cry :D

LOL.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll bite re: The Twin Dilemma. :o

It's not good; it's really very not good at all...but Colin has some good moments. (I love his 'fit' in the wardrobe room complete with rather disturbing manic laugh) I've always liked Kevin McNally and the fawning alien chap was quite a funny character.

So, no, don't hate it. :p

Of course I could list it's faults, but something's on at 7pm that I want to catch so haven't got enough time.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    They have made them look more metallic, we've only seen the red and the blue ones but they look fantastic.

Yes, you're right actually. They look much better now than they did.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I join the roasting of The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe as well?

An absolutely abysmal episode. For me it's without doubt the worst Moffat penned episode, quite possibly the worst episode of New Who and although I haven't seen them all, it must be one of the worst Who stories full stop. I had family watching it with me and for the very first time I was embarrassed to be a Whovian.

If it's not on the S7 boxset it's an episode I never, ever plan on buying. It'll be like it never existed...
    Forum Member
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Can I join the roasting of The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe as well?

An absolutely abysmal episode" For me it's without doubt the worst Moffat penned episode, quite possibly the worst episode of New Who and although I haven't seen them all, it must be one of the worst Who stories full stop. I had family watching it with me and for the very first time I was embarrassed to be a Whovian.

If it's not on the S7 boxset it's an episode I never, ever plan on buying.

It's not on the boxset according to the DVD publisher. And quite why such a poorly received episode should be the first and only one that you have to buy individually is beyond me. How many people are going to be bothered enough to track it down?! I'm a completionist, and despite the fact I buy the vanilla disc versions of Doctor Who, I've never felt motivated to pick this up. TDTWATW is not worth the £4 I've seen it going for.

So far, going by this thread, we're all agreed it wasn't a good episode. We didn't all hate it, but we all thought it was a poor effort at the very least.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the Rings. I loved the story, but the music really made it something special.:)

Mee to. I really can't understand what's wrong with that episode. It's so imaginative, emotional, escapist and magical :)
    Forum Member
    Mee to. I really can't understand what's wrong with that episode. It's so imaginative, emotional, escapist and magical :)

Agree with this too. It wasn't a perfect episode by any means, but I loved it to pieces. The level of ambition in the production, the balance of emotion and comedy value. It left me more satisfied than any other episode of 7B bar The Crimson Horror :)