Options

The Killing III - BBC 4 Pace ***NO SPOILERS***

Comments

• Options
    ChapelambleChapelamble Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did tat guy have a tattoo of the name of the ship. Was it very special to him. Or did he get one for every ship he served on. Maybe the guys body art is a road map to solve the crime.

Agreed. Still wondering whether the reference to the vengeful Medea is a double or triple bluff. As I predicted, Soren is messing with my head.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bluescreen wrote: »
    I wonder what the Medea was transporting, or is that irrelevant?

In short, I haven't a clue. But I'm hooked.

The ship had been laid up for a while. Zeeland had sold it to a Latvian company IIRC. But they had gone bankrupt so it was awaiting being scrapped. Reinhardt told Lund that the required three man crew was aboard at the time. So I'm assuming that is the law concerning skeleton crews for ships laid up. That's assuming the Zeeland guys are telling the truth about all this. Which is highly unlikely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed. Still wondering whether the reference to the vengeful Medea is a double or triple bluff. As I predicted, Soren is messing with my head.

Or it all could be really simple this time round? Soren must know we google all this stuff. As you say, he is fracking with us - again. I'd forgotten how much I hate the guy.:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chloe_26 wrote: »
    True! :p
    I did try to get a friend to knit the radio times one but it's too complicated.

Speaking of the jumper, this look made me laugh in series 2

combatjumper-1.jpg

Standard issue Kevlar knitwear..:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    toodeep wrote: »
    Yes, but too much of a cliche.
    Or - slightly bigger picture - what possibly illegal traffic would be impacted by the planned Zeeland migration to Asia?

BiB: I know, I should should have added a smilie!

Trafficking - yes, that could be it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the guy was on the phone purporting to have kidnapped Emilie there was a brief glimpse of his profile. Did not ring any bells with me but any thoughts?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When the guy was on the phone purporting to have kidnapped Emilie there was a brief glimpse of his profile. Did not ring any bells with me but any thoughts?

We saw him in sans balaclava in one of the shutdown businesses when he was on the phone to Sarah didn't we. Phone guy can't be Asbjørn or Mathias. They were with Sarah at the time of these calls. If it is a gang then anyone could be involved.

What exactly do Zeeland deal in - business wise. Is it just shipping. Or have they other businesses as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We saw him in sans balaclava when he was on the phone to Sarah as well. Phone guy can't be Asbjørn or Mathias. They were with Sarah at the time of these calls. If it is a gang then anyone could be involved.

Sans balaclava I thought he looked a bit like the Ussing (?spelling) politician but the voice seemed different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sans balaclava I thought he looked a bit like the Ussing (?spelling) politician but the voice seemed different.

If we have met him in the clear, so to speak, I would say he looks a bit like Carsten. But I don't think we have met the guy yet. If that makes sense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought that too and it was done in the evening after work?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What exactly do Zeeland deal in - business wise. Is it just shipping. Or have they other businesses as well.

Oil and shipping with sales of 300 billion kroner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's about £30billion?
  • Options
    Forum Member

And they are a milch cow for the government. So I wonder if they will turn out to be transporting something unpopular too, like toxic waste. (It won't be nuclear waste of course - at least, not from Denmark.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's about £30billion?

Yes, one of the largest, if not the largest, Danish company.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And they are major shareholders in at least one newspaper. Maybe other media as well?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And they are major shareholders in at least one newspaper. Maybe other media as well?

Agreed but suspect these are "hobby" investments compared with oil and shipping.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    We saw him in sans balaclava in one of the shutdown businesses when he was on the phone to Sarah didn't we. Phone guy can't be Asbjørn or Mathias. They were with Sarah at the time of these calls. If it is a gang then anyone could be involved.

Zeeland is forbrydelsen answer to Maersk http://www.maersk.com/Pages/default.aspx
  • Options
    Forum Member

not only Denmarks lagest company, one of the worlds largest shipping company, 40 % or more of all shipping in the world
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bluescreen wrote: »
    And they are a milch cow for the government. So I wonder if they will turn out to be transporting something unpopular too, like toxic waste. (It won't be nuclear waste of course - at least, not from Denmark.)

Denmark has nuclear waste from Risø
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Denmark has nuclear waste from Risø

Ah, yes, thanks, I found that.

But I figured that the writer of The Killing would never paint anti-nuclear protesters as violent kidnappers. Though there may be a sub-plot involved, in which they are not violent and the murderers are from elsewhere.

ETA: Eh, that doesn't work, does it, because of the hanging. So forget the toxic waste thing.

EATA: I was seduced by the scene with the earth movers and body parts in scrapyard as a metaphor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not only Denmarks lagest company, one of the worlds largest shipping company, 40 % or more of all shipping in the world

Zeeland into oil as well. Suspect oil is a big chunk.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Maersk too http://www.maerskoil.com/Pages/default.aspx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zeeland is forbrydelsen answer to Maersk http://www.maersk.com/Pages/default.aspx

Thanks for that MS.

This would of course be obvious to you Danes? And what sort of company Maersk is. Shipping, oil, planes etc. Has Maersk be saying the same sort of things as Zeeland in real life. Wanting special concessions from the Govt to stay in Denmark. Or is this something that has been discussed by other companies.

We keep hearing over here that the banks and the City are vital to the national interest. And if we tax them heavily they will go overseas and we will lose revenue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadence wrote: »
    Robert & Maja are divorced but she's still kept the family name? :confused:
    catsitter wrote: »
    Seems pretty normal to me.

I didn't make the above statement catsitter, it was made by Denley in post 257 above. Don't know how you managed to get it as a quote from me. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oil takes the possible plot even wider. Especially as Zeeland has so much shipping as well. If we are talking about criminal activity by Zeeland then sanction busting comes to mind - Iran?

PS
    Any one else getting their Zeelands and Zoolanders mixed up?:o:o