Options

Talksport Chat (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Yes maybe but I only think he's a bluffer when it comes to football,:p he does a five hours a night football show and he actually knows very little about football. When he did current affairs on TS I was one of his biggest fans, he was good at that because he's a news media man who's travelled and knows his stuff but football how he ever got this gig is beyond me.
    I know your a fan and love him with Mr Parry so sorry if you were miffed lol.

I think he'd admit to that himself, I do think he's gotten better, mainly because he's had to, but he's never sounded like someone who's watched footy his entire life. I quite like that unlike everyone else on the station I don't know who he supports though.

I agree he's better with non-football talk to the point where I find him and Porky talking about football quite dull compared to when they have psychics, ghost hunters and UFO nutters on etc. even the none weird topics like cyclists on the road were pretty interesting with Mike. He also used to go through the papers weekly with a disgraced journalist (forgot his name) which was good also, don't know if he still does that though.

Do psychics, ghosties and UFO nuts come under current affairs? :p
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    I think he'd admit to that himself, I do think he's gotten better, mainly because he's had to, but he's never sounded like someone who's watched footy his entire life. I quite like that unlike everyone else on the station I don't know who he supports though.

I agree he's better with non-football talk to the point where I find him and Porky talking about football quite dull compared to when they have psychics, ghost hunters and UFO nutters on etc. even the none weird topics like cyclists on the road were pretty interesting with Mike. He also used to go through the papers weekly with a disgraced journalist (forgot his name) which was good also, don't know if he still does that though.

Do psychics, ghosties and UFO nuts come under current affairs? :p

Mate if raving psycho and female saddle sniffing Nigel from Maidstone and his spooky mother which we used to hear about most nights on the old format came under current affairs then yes I would say the categories you mention also come under it. :D:p:):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good discussion tonight from Saggers and Collymore on Scotland v England, Colly's laying it on the line our lads better be up for it because the Scots certainly will be that's for sure and so will the baying 60,000 roaring crowd.

This is the type of game we can win, in tournament play we're consistently pants in the big games but I fancy us in this one. :p

Jocks 1 England 3

COME ON WHO ELSE DARE STICK THEIR NECK ON THE BLOCK BEFORE THE EVENT???. :D
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good discussion tonight from Saggers and Collymore on Scotland v England, Colly's laying it on the line our lads better be up for it because the Scots certainly will be that's for sure and so will the baying 60,000 roaring crowd.
    This is the type of game we can win, in tournament play we're consistently pants in the big games but I fancy us in this one. :p
    Jocks 1 England 3

Stan was just on or local radio phone-in show, he said he thinks us jocks will punp your lot, & I tend to agree with stanloy ........... I'll say Jocks 2 Longshanks Mob 1 :p
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member

Jocks 1 England 3

The skirt wearers will do England 2-0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jocks 1 England 3

I was just about to post similar, interesting Foist Noight, no screaming tonight. Craig Brown sounds like a lovely bloke.

I'll bite...
    I'm going for 2-0 England, Gazza to make a golden mulleted Colin Hendry dizzy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's some brave souls baring their necks on the chopping block tonight I didn't really expect it. :D This fixture is a fantastic event why they haven't brought it back at the end of every season is just plain stupid, bring back the Home Internationals. :)

Watched Scotland the other night and was hugely impressed by them, that little red haired manager of theirs has really built a team at last, going to be tough for us that's for sure but if we match them for effort and commitment we can get a result.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's some brave souls baring their necks on the chopping block tonight I didn't really expect it. :D This fixture is a fantastic event why they haven't brought it back at the end of every season is just plain stupid, bring back the Home Internationals. :)

Watched Scotland the other night and was hugely impressed by them, that little red haired manager of theirs has really built a team at last, going to be tough for us that's for sure but if we match them for effort and commitment we can get a result.

If we play like we did in the first half against Slovenia we'll lose, if we play like we did in the second half against Slovenia we could definitely put a few past Antti Niemi. :D:p
  • Options
    JayDee279JayDee279 Posts: 3,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .... Antti Niemi. :D:p
    Antii Niemi? He's Finnish.
  • Options
    Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are hyping this friendly up tonight aren't they? You'd think it was a crucial qualifier or tournament match, not a match with no points or prizes on offer. Big Al went all Scottish today with Simple Minds, Rod Stewart, Craig Brown, Fergie, Ronnie Corbett, Richard Wilson, Rab C Nesbitt, Sharleen Spiteri and many others on the Sporz Brekfaz this maarnin.

Stan and Saggs up in Glasgow, live commentary, probably a tour of Hadrian's Wall (not that Hadrian, Goffeh) and many other Anglo-Scottish themes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe19 wrote: »
    They are hyping this friendly up tonight aren't they? You'd think it was a crucial qualifier or tournament match, not a match with no points or prizes on offer. Big Al went all Scottish today with Simple Minds, Rod Stewart, Craig Brown, Fergie, Ronnie Corbett, Richard Wilson, Rab C Nesbitt, Sharleen Spiteri and many others on the Sporz Brekfaz this maarnin.

Stan and Saggs up in Glasgow, live commentary, probably a tour of Hadrian's Wall (not that Hadrian, Goffeh) and many other Anglo-Scottish themes.

I think I may have noted by the undertone of Brazil's comments this morning he's really up for this game tonight :D .... that's UP by 9:00pm and then he'll be in bed sound asleep. >:( [that's if this leopard doesn't suddenly change his spots of course] All maarnin he was calling Scotland "We're" .... but doesn't he call the England team "We're" normally?, ..... answer is confirmatory.
    [highlight]http://bit.ly/1yigcwd[/highlight]
  • Options
    RightHandPillarRightHandPillar Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    JayDee279 wrote: »
    Antii Niemi? He's Finnish.

He's nae Finnish... he's only 28
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incidentally Brazil can't read properly, all the mistakes when he's pronouncing awkward names is not because they are foreign or too difficult to say he just simply cannot read. Note in the clip in the above post at 0.42 seconds how he says "swift doze" instead of the correct "swift dose".

I'm not scoring brownie points here just mentioning it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's nae Finnish... he's only 28

Returns with a gag an'all,:p ... an old one RHP but still funny mate welcome back. :)
  • Options
    HANDJFANHANDJFAN Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jocks 1 England 3

I think it will be a 1-1 draw. The fact is that this match means far more to Scotland than England because they've got absolutely no chance of ever doing anything in a major tournament (I appreciate this pretty much applies to England too, but it shouldn't in principle) so this is their cup final really. England probably won't have their strongest side out, so I can see it being a pretty close game.
  • Options
    HANDJFANHANDJFAN Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a question for people. Read the following story first:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30097673

How do people feel about the prospect of live games on TV in the afternoon on Saturday? Would this really hurt attendances? I think there was a time when you could argue this was the case, but I support a very poor lowly club, and the 3,000 tortured souls who turn up to watch them on Saturday; I can't imagine that they're not going to go any more just because you can watch a game on TV instead. They still turn out on a Tuesday night when it's absolutely bloody freezing and they could be watching the Champions League instead.

I find it pretty ridiculous in this day and age when you can't watch the start of El Clasico due to broadcasting regulations. And it's especially daft when people are watching streams on the Internet anyway, and this can never really be outlawed legally, is just completely unfeasible.

To me, attendances have held up pretty well despite the fact that ticket prices are pretty darned expensive now (I'm going to watch Argentina-Portugal this evening and my two tickets cost £120). I really don't see what difference showing games between 3 PM and 5:15 PM on a Saturday would make.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,590
    Forum Member
    Durham is full of it today. He reckons that the fixture is diminished because English born players play for Scotland. Does the ginger walloper think that the Ashes are diminished because the English team is stuffed with RSA and Aussie born lads?
    Going to be a rough and tough game tonight and will be a 1-0 win for Scotland.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone listen to the Sports Bar last night? Might be the first time I've heard a presenter go home ill halfway through the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Durham is full of it today. He reckons that the fixture is diminished because English born players play for Scotland. Does the ginger walloper think that the Ashes are diminished because the English team is stuffed with RSA and Aussie born lads?

Which players, the Jimmy Bullards and the like, would they get a run out in the England Squas
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    BanglaRoad wrote: »

Which players, the Jimmy Bullards and the like, would they get a run out in the England Squas
  • Options
    CorbynDallasCorbynDallas Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ENGLAND SCOTLAND
    ENGLAND SCOTLAND
    ENGLAND SCOTLAND

LIVE LIVE LIVE NOW on TalkSport!!!!!!!

I can't wait I'm going to explode!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget to get your calls in EARLY for the SPORTSBAR with Andy Goldstein and Jason Cundy right after the match!!!!!!!!!

ENGLAND SCOTLAND BIGGEST MATCH EVER!!!!! LIVE!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brazil's just gone to bed. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brazil's just gone to bed. :D

All that bloody hype, feisty my arse!

On the plus side, we actually are playing pretty decent. Pissed off Barkley didn't start though, as Downing has done nothing.
  • Options
    Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they'll mention the low key atmosphere among the Scots, not much singing and booing English songs.

I know it's blasphemy not to praise the amazing Scottish fans to the hilt for the passion they show and how it would overwhelm and make players cower, but it's been missing so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All that bloody hype, feisty my arse!

On the plus side, we actually are playing pretty decent. Pissed off Barkley didn't start though, as Downing has done nothing.

It's only halfway yet but I'm very happy with our display so far, need to do in the second half what we've just done in the first. Got the TV on with talkSPORT most definitely and certainly TURNED OFF. :D
This discussion has been closed.