Paul Nuttal has revealed the true racist bigoted face of UKIP tonight

1234568»

Comments

• jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Nah. Not London To Birmingham. Other routes I'd agree with you but not to shave a few mins if a trip to Brum.

You surely don't think that's the sole purpose of HS2?
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Less than London has.

But you of course totally miss the point - on your logic you would allocate the most spending to those who pay the most taxes. So Lord Sugar gets loads of handouts and the poor get nothing, That is the logical deduction from your post!

But we should allocate spending on the basis of needs, population and relative deprivation shouldn't we. Or don't you agree?

If an independent group of academics do an independent review and decide on the basis of need Scotland deserves £1500 more per head than England and Wales fine. But this should not be done on the basis of some back room deal from 1976 done to prop up a minority government.

Talk about clutching at straws.
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Less than London has.

But you of course totally miss the point - on your logic you would allocate the most spending to those who pay the most taxes. So Lord Sugar gets loads of handouts and the poor get nothing, That is the logical deduction from your post!

But we should allocate spending on the basis of needs, population and relative deprivation shouldn't we. Or don't you agree?

If an independent group of academics do an independent review and decide on the basis of need Scotland deserves £1500 more per head than England and Wales fine. But this should not be done on the basis of some back room deal from 1976 done to prop up a minority government.

Your analogy about Alan Sugar would only work if people complained he was a scrounger because he gets a bus pass.
  • david1956david1956 Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After seeing this pathetic disgusting little man tonight how can anyone vote for UKIP? They have been unveiled as the disgusting English nationaslisdt racist bigots that they really are. Nothing but scum.Shame on anyone who supports that disgusting fascist party.

My thoughts exactly as soon as he made his anti Scottish "I am sick to death of the SNP" rant. He looks like a thug and he now sounds like one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    david1956 wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly as soon as he made his anti Scottish "I am sick to death of the SNP" rant. He looks like a thug and he now sounds like one.

Did you have the same issue when an ex-leader of the SNP ranted about his anti-English "Lord Snooty" comment?
  • david1956david1956 Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We might be bankrupt but we'd have our FREEDOM !!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather be poor and free than be a rich slave !

Only until the IMF come to dictate terms. Just like another Celtic Tiger.
  • Maggie 55Maggie 55 Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So if someone said "I am sick to death of the BNP" they would be anti British and sound like a thug in your opinion?

Interesting!

Maggie
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    HOUSEkid wrote: »

Seems the guy makes perfect sense. I'm more determined to vote UKIP now.
  • KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member
    Maggie 55 wrote: »
    Do you?

Well you are now saying it is not completely useless.

I suppose that could describe it, as long as you realise we can never completely rely on wind power providing even 1% of our ongoing energy needs. Even if we built ten times more windmills we would have to have alternative energy sources on immediate standby to cover their whole expected capacity because when the wind doesn't blow they produce nothing and even a 1% gap between demand and production can collapse the grid.

If that is a fair description of 'not completely useless' then I suppose I could accept it.

Maggie

Yes, we realise that. Well done for finally grasping the point. Well, almost at least. Have a cookie.
  • Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HOUSEkid wrote: »

I watched QT & to be honest he's right it's Labour's fault the SNP are where they are now, I think in time Scotland will vote to leave the UK so be it then, The SNP do want their cake & eat it let them have the euro & so on good luck to them when the SNP take Scotland away from the UK because they will need more than luck & I would build gas & oil pipes down from Aberdeen to say Hull & see where that leaves them then? Some Scots should remember that they asked to join the union over 300 years ago why?? because they couldn't manage on their own.
  • Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ukip say like it or not what they mean unlike the other partys who pussy foot around things, Just look at the two Ukip Mp's who took their seats last year in the commons no one spoke to them how sad, The three other partys should grow up & listen to people instead of trying to brand the as extreme nutters. Let's remember what the SNP did when Farage went to Scotland they sent a lynch mob out to get him & say don't come to Scotland we don't want to hear what you have to say ?? Good isn't it free speech I don't think so unless you agree with the SNP of course.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly what part of what he said was anti Scottish?
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Talk about clutching at straws.

Why won't you address the points I made. You won't because it cannot be justified. And when social care in England is at crisis point - almost non existent in some areas - while in Scotland it's generally free and generously provided questions do need to be asked. Should the frail elderly in England be left to rot? Why does Scotland get £1500 more funding per head - please justify that?

Should funding be allocated on the basis of need in 2015 - or a cosy deal agreed in 1976 which overstated Scotland's population so they have always had more funding in their Baseline than they ought to have. I support funding all the nations of the UK on a consistent needs basis - Wales and England would almost certainly get more and Scotland less.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    You mean Labour? The party that provided all those things in Scotland when they ran Scotland but didn't extend the same entitlements in England when it had 13 years to do so?

As for the OP - as has been said calm down dear.

We all pay the same taxes in this supposed United Kingdom so why do

Sick people on low incomes in England pay for their prescriptions but sick millionaires in Scotland get theirs for free
    Elderly people in England pay up to £26k a year for their social care but Scots get it for nothing
    English and Welsh kids pay £9k a year in tuition fees but Scottish kids pay nothing and
    Scotland gets £1500 more a year in funding than England and Wales under Barnett which pays for these extra benefits - which the three main parties committed us to forever in a blind panic last September.

Now if it's nationalistic to point out this gross inequity and unfairness then so be it? We are all UK citizens with one tax system - yet some are more equal than others?

And while we have the grossly unfair Barnett formula which is based on 1970s data not 2015 needs England And Wales will always be second class!

The Barnett formula does NOT mean that the scots get more services than the english -the barnett formula is there to compensate for the additional costs of providing more or less the same level service when such a small population is so geographically spread out over such a large area.Thats mainly what the barnett formula is for NOT for giving scots more services than the english.

Too many myths being spread around about how Scotland gets a much better deal than England.It doesnt when you look at everything.

I do agree though that pn those matters that have no effect on Scotland that scottish mps shouldnt vote but there has to be coherent rationale for this judgement and not just dishonest pronouncements by government ministers playing games.The criteria has to make sense and be technically correct.
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume because he agrees with english votes for english laws? Because he pointed out that we pay for prescriptions and uni whilst the scots get it for free?

Born in Scotland but live between both London and Edinburgh and I want only English mp's to vote on English laws, it's time England did have an assembly within Westminster where the other nations are excluded from voting.
  • Net NutNet Nut Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see it, what did he say that was racist?

A link would be nice.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Net Nut wrote: »
    A link would be nice.

The relevant question is 46 minutes into this:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0507j49/question-time-22012015

If you just want the "offensive" bit without the rest of the debate - 50 minutes in
  • kerrminatorkerrminator Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Exactly what part of what he said was anti Scottish?

talk about slow lol
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    talk about slow lol

I hope you're not referring to me?
  • pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if scotland puts more in than they get back, then before the oil price crashed they must have put in even more (about 6 to 8 billion), so it makes you wonder why the SNP didn't romp home in the independence vote.

care to answer this smudge?;-)

How much does English whisky put into the UK Treasury?
  • pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why won't you address the points I made. You won't because it cannot be justified. And when social care in England is at crisis point - almost non existent in some areas - while in Scotland it's generally free and generously provided questions do need to be asked. Should the frail elderly in England be left to rot? Why does Scotland get £1500 more funding per head - please justify that?

Should funding be allocated on the basis of need in 2015 - or a cosy deal agreed in 1976 which overstated Scotland's population so they have always had more funding in their Baseline than they ought to have. I support funding all the nations of the UK on a consistent needs basis - Wales and England would almost certainly get more and Scotland less.

Of course the frail in England should not be left to rot. It is in the hands of the English to vote for a Government that does not allow the old and frail in England to rot. Whatever the English based electorate decide in a UK election there is absolutely nothing Scots, Welsh or Northern Irish can do to change that. MP's representing English constituencies will always have a huge majority.

If you do not want the old and frail in England to rot, then vote for a party that will not allow this to happen.

It is in your hands, not mine.