Will Doc 11 be less obnoxious and smug than Doc10 ?

1235»

Comments

• TheCutoutWitchTheCutoutWitch Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    poppycod wrote: »
    Comic books / graphic novels is a whole new issue ! ;)

Anyway I am glad the mods have removed the nasty personal attacks and accusations that had built up over the past 2 days. :)

yes its nice to see them cleaning up the forum. its just a shame they neglected to deal with some of the blatant homphobia that has been written on here in recent days/weeks.

i'd hate to think such things but one could draw the conclusion that DS feel homophobia is one of the last acceptable prejudices.
  • NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    Magpie2467 wrote: »
    Wow, Shado-UK seems to have stirred up some feeling here... the design of the TARDIS is a matter of opinion, and you either like it or you don't. Personally, I wasn't overly keen, but I could imagine how a TARDIS like the McGann one, when cut off from Gallifrey, would degenerate to the organic/coral-like thing it became.

The Fifth Doctor said that the Tenth Doctor changed the desktop theme, although of course it would have been the Ninth or the Eighth who did it. I can't see the movie TARDIS ever turning into the 2005 TARDIS by itself, without someone making the decision to change it.
  • outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    poppycod wrote: »
    Anyway I am glad the mods have removed the nasty personal attacks and accusations that had built up over the past 2 days. :)

;) After all the time it took you to write them, it must be a great disappointment! ;)

:D
  • WMCAWMCA Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    RTD took a show that people laughed at and mocked and made it cool again, even if you can't appreciate his writing it is foolish to deny he had a huge deal to do with it's success. He put together the cast, he commissioned the script writers...if you like any episode of his era, RTD had something to do with it, even if he didn't write the episode.

Absolutely right, RTD did a great job, and if Stephen Moffat is half as succesful then the BBC will be delighted and am sure the programme should continue for years.

Eccleston and Tennant were great Doctors, and now we move into another era with Matt Smith (this is what Dr Who is all about), so he must be given a chance. Moffat hasnt let us down with the episodes he wrote during the RTD period, so it looks promising.