Options

Gugu Mbatha-Raw (Tish Jones from Doctor who) cast as lead in JJ Abrams new tv series!

kw4121kw4121 Posts: 3,380
Forum Member
✭✭✭
hey folks EW.COM is saying that Gugu Mbatha-Raw (Tish Jones (martha's sister) has been cast in JJ Abram's New tv Show, how awesome for her and i liked her in the episodes she appeard in!!

Here is the link for the full story http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/01/12/exclusive-meet-j-j-abrams-latest-discovery/

Kenneth

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bump*
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for her, I liked her better than Martha.
  • Options
    NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    I blame Russell T Davies for this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well wouldnt it be the highes't compliment to RTD if JJ saw doctor who (he is a geek after all) and thought mmm she is good and might be what were looking for lets test her!

also the hollywood reporter now has the story so it's true YAY !!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i3fdb706572f41f070951821ebf8d39fe

Kenneth
  • Options
    TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Carey Mulligan isn't doing too badly:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's great news for Gugu. Fingers crossed that it leads to great things for her
  • Options
    NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    kw4121 wrote: »
    Well wouldnt it be the highes't compliment to RTD if JJ saw doctor who (he is a geek after all) and thought mmm she is good and might be what were looking for lets test her!

I was mocking the attitude that anything that happens, good or bad, is the result of some dastardly deed of RTD.
  • Options
    Jakes_stuffJakes_stuff Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was watching series 8 of Bad Girls on Dvd the other day, and she was in a couple of episodes of that, playing a very snobby character.
    I recognised her but couldn't place from where as the character she played is very different to Tish - it's only reading this thread that finally jogged my memory - so thanks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    I was mocking the attitude that anything that happens, good or bad, is the result of some dastardly deed of RTD.

No, if it's bad, it's the fault of John Barrowman...