Comments

• nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like shared bathrooms either.
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pleasure Island: It's like Disney. But shit.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like shared bathrooms either.
    Have to say, I'm not that keen on them either, however, this hotel is a typical seaside hotel, clean, comfy and provides somewhere to stay. It doesnt pretend to be anything other than what it is.

its not really my sort of place, but it looks nice enough for the price.
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,704
    Forum Member
    Evening All

They've got the funfair all to themselves.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    X factor sob story alert
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is not doing that for a sympathy vote at all! She's showing how much weight she's lost in 2 years!

I have just started a diet and if I lose about 7 stone I'll be showing everyone as well.
  • OndineOndine Posts: 3,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! Tomasin complained that she didn't like fried sausage but it was grilled! Desperately trying to nit-pick!
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1!? Ffs!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill did well tonight. Her place seems nice
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got to be en-suite these days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ondine wrote: »
    Ha! Tomasin complained that she didn't like fried sausage but it was grilled! Desperately trying to nit-pick!
    divingbboy wrote: »
    1!? Ffs!

Those two will nit pick their way through the whole week :(
  • PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Yes .......she is a lovely lady but unfortunately it didn't seem to be great value for what it was.
  • HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Although I like one it's lower down on my list of priorities than comfy bed, cleanliness, good breakfast & friendly hosts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnoali wrote: »
    Although I like one it's lower down on my list of priorities than comfy bed, cleanliness, good breakfast & friendly hosts.

I have to agree.

I would prefer on-suite, but, if ever I went to Cleethorpes (which is doubtful I have to admit) I would definitely stay there for one night, as I know it would be comfortable, clean, with good food and a friendly landlady.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    Whilst not wanting to disagree with what others have said, and not especially liking Ben and his friend, the Portsmouth couple really do need to appreciate that you can be too attentive. I wouldn't appreciate them constantly lurking or hovering whilst I'm eating breakfast, for example. Be easily available and approachable, yes, but not excessively so that it becomes annoying, that would grate with me.

View from the 'inside' - running another hotel / B&B. You need to read your customers and adapt your attentiveness. You don't want guests to be thinking "go away and let us talk", nor "where's the next cup of coffee". And where you've got a group table with 6, as in the morning on yesterday's show, it's hard to compromise all around.

We have - and it took more than 2 months that G! has been running - learned how to read customers and how to add a buffer into the attentiveness so that it works our right more often than not. And most guests are either returning customers or with us for several nights, so once you've learned what suits people, you can look after them based on that knowledge. And having just 5 rooms helps the memory!

The interesting case is how you handle those occasions where you have just one guest in the dining room!
  • 777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thomasina comes across as a very jealous person! Also can't fathom all the "pancake/skimmed milk" carry on, considering the lack of choice in her partners establishment :rolleyes:
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree.

I would prefer on-suite, but, if ever I went to Cleethorpes (which is doubtful I have to admit) I would definitely stay there for one night, as I know it would be comfortable, clean, with good food and a friendly landlady.

You thought the same as me...:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    So Graham doesn't like shared bathrooms (fair enough),,,,,,,so the program sends him to a B&B with shared bathrooms........hmmm why does the cynic in me think the makers may want an argument:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching on +1...

I hate brown towels... I always wonder what stains they're hiding...

I'd share a bathroom with friends (4 to a bathroom, say with (one would hope) an extra loo) but sharing a bathroom with strangers is no longer something I'd choose to do.

Welcome back again, Wellho! It would be great if you stayed around this thread... we can do en-suite... :)
    Forum Member
    LOL,,,when i saw the clip of her passing around a picture of herself at the end of yesterdays episode, i thought she was passing saucy pictures of herself when she was younger:D:D
    I was relieved today when i saw it wasnt :D
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    LOL,,,when i saw the clip of her passing around a picture of herself at the end of yesterdays episode, i thought she was passing saucy pictures of herself when she was younger:D:D
    I was relieved today when i saw it wasnt :D

Speaking of which, does anybody remember the ex rent boy who had a nude photo of himself in the hotel guide book? :eek::D
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thomasine is a bit of a snide begger, isn't she... :rolleyes:

But to be fair, those sausages did look a bit "Value" range...
    Forum Member
    Normandie wrote: »
    Thomasine is a bit of a snide begger, isn't she... :rolleyes:

But to be fair, those sausages did look a bit "Value" range...

i'm getting a feeling that the producers nag them to be controversial so they can get good telly........neither of the last two B&B's have been as bad as Ben and his friend have said
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »
    Speaking of which, does anybody remember the ex rent boy who had a nude photo of himself in the hotel guide book? :eek::D

:eek::eek::D:D:D
    I have a vague recollection of something like that,,,,but i must have put it deep away inside my mind:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't do you any favours being too critical does it, Here's another place people will be crossing off their list even if they win, Ben and Thomasina..take note you have to come across as pleasant hosts.
    No,I have to be desperate to stay in a B&B with no en suite. But our Cleethorpe's lady was a really good host and clean rooms and a hearty breakfast are par for the Seaside in many cases. No I don't think she was playing for sympathy..just celebrating her weight loss..but was it a gastric band, methinks. Anyway I have grown to like her and the other two couples have obviously taken to her . The young couple ( sorry names have gone ) from the G! obviously have no pretentions even though they have a very modern and smart place and doesn't that endear themselves to you? The male couple just threw themselves into the spirit of things despite Cleethorpes looking less than attractive (did they open the funfair for them?) I know how an off season holiday resort is like I live in one! Boy is Southport jolly in Jan!
    By the way what were the Cleethorpes lady's rates? I missed that bit!
This discussion has been closed.