Options

Shops which always have a sale going on

rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've always praised shops Holland & Barretts and Body Shop for having good deals, good loyalty systems and for the shop assistants actually trying to save you money

But I've been thinking about H&B, it's always buy one get one for a penny or BOGOF and they're always sending me loyalty vouchers - I just got £6 this month and £1.50 from a previous month. There's no catch, it's just a free £7.50. I don't think I've ever paid full price for anything

Are they acknowledging that they're prices are too high to start with, is it a cynical ploy, or are they struggling and trying to attract new customers? Or are the owners just very nice people? It's business after all

Comments

• Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    DFS always have a sale going on too. Do people really change their sofas that often? :p
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DFS have a half price sale on this week but hurry, it ends this Sunday!!

I just wonder if some poor bugger has ever paid full price.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    DFS always have a sale going on too. Do people really change their sofas that often? :p

As I was typing:D
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, DFS aside are there any shops that always have good deals and send you vouchers? I don't even spend much there, probably £20 a month. I can't imagine many shops would send you a voucher every month

I don't work for H&B by the way
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dfs.
    I've never known them have a week off sale
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carpet Right have a persistent 30% off
  • Options
    TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bear in mind that the definition of a sale is that the shop is selling stuff.
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DFS have numerous "events" such as "summer clear out" with time limited discounts which many assume are sales.

The law does prescribe how many times a shop can have a "sale".
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Oak Furniture Land.
    More like neverendingsaleland
  • Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know if it's classed as a sale, but Sports Direct seems to have 30% / 50% / 70% discounts throughout their stores all the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    DFS have numerous "events" such as "summer clear out" with time limited discounts which many assume are sales.

The law does prescribe how many times a shop can have a "sale".
    There's always a small print notice about the item having been sold at a higher price in certain stores for a set period.
    Which is why I wonder if some poor sucker ever bought it at that price.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know if it's classed as a sale, but Sports Direct seems to have 30% / 50% / 70% discounts throughout their stores all the time.
    That's a little bit like Wetherspoons shifting vast amounts of ale (but close to expiry date) at knockdown prices.
  • Options
    scruffpotscruffpot Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wasn't it always a up to 70% discount at the Officers store ... when in fact the clothes were never worth that full price.

Also the watch and handbag dodgy named perfume stores that appear around christmas time
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always praised shops Holland & Barretts and Body Shop for having good deals, good loyalty systems and for the shop assistants actually trying to save you money

But I've been thinking about H&B, it's always buy one get one for a penny or BOGOF and they're always sending me loyalty vouchers - I just got £6 this month and £1.50 from a previous month. There's no catch, it's just a free £7.50. I don't think I've ever paid full price for anything

Are they acknowledging that they're prices are too high to start with, is it a cynical ploy, or are they struggling and trying to attract new customers? Or are the owners just very nice people? It's business after all

H&B stuff costs peanuts to make, and is overpriced from the start.

So, yes to the BIB.
  • Options
    MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    DFS only have two sales a year. They're just both 5 months long.
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DFS thread

the thing is, what if DFS, for one day didn't have a sale?

Nah, never going to happen
  • Options
    bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M&CO seem to have never ending Sales:o
  • Options
    ninz39ninz39 Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shoe zone always seen to be having sales as well, the works also gets quite a few in