Simone Battle (X Factor USA/G.R.L.) has passed away

iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
Forum Member
✭✭
Apparently a close family friend and a stylist who worked with G.R.L. has confirmed that Simone Battle has passed away. :(

http://instagram.com/p/sl4rP9OiYP/?modal=true
http://instagram.com/p/sln7uFG89O/?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=photo&modal=true

Will wait for an official statement, but if this sad news is true, RIP Simone :(

Comments

• NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omg R.I.P
  • iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simone's childhood friend apparently confirmed the news too :(

http://instagram.com/p/smAGOeq9GP/
  • iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simone's fellow contestant Drew sent her condolences. I'm afraid the news is most likely true now :(

http://instagram.com/p/smCGoQlUyv/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Comments are disabled on all their Youtube videos as well.

Not sure how to process this. Never saw it coming. She had some real star quality, and she was so driven.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Oh my god. R.I.P. :( I really can't believe this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    So very sad. I was just in mourning because of EunB from Ladies' Code, and now another girl group member dies just three days later.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WHAT?!! This can't be real surely. What happened? She was great on X Factor USA, especially at Simon's judges houses. She's also the star of G.R.L.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Absolutely gutted, the girl had everything going for her - she had talent, the charisma and like-ability. She was the star of GRL. She will be missed dearly :(

Such a loss and at 25 years of age too :(
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just playing Ugly Heart this morning. G.R.L just won't be the same without her. R.I.P Simone, through and through a star.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG just when they were getting there career started R.I.P you will be missed. Does anybody know how she died? Xxx
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really shocked. They only performed 2 weeks ago on xf aus and I thought they were great. I can't imagine how much of a shock it is for those close to her.
    Forum Member
    OMG just when they were getting there career started R.I.P you will be missed. Does anybody know how she died? Xxx

Rumoured to have been suicide.
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Whaaaaaaaat?????? RIP :(:(:( omg unbelievable they were doing so well, she was on cloud 9
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've said this elsewhere but she was stunning, certainly the most natural charisma I've seen from a girl group member in a long time. May she rest in peace, and I'm so sad for her family and the group.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. :(:(
    This is absolutely heartbreaking news. :(:(
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such sad news, have loved GRL for ages and this is such horrible timing considering they were just getting big :(
    Forum Member
    Numerous sources are saying she was found hanging inside her closet :( This just shows that fame and stardom doesn't buy happiness. The poor girl was most likely suffering from depression.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah rumours are that it was suicide due to depression. So sad :(
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,265
    Forum Member
    Awww, how sad, r.i.p
  • MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally shocked by this news, I thought GRL was going to be big girl band with the hit on their hand, Ugly Heart is a HIT in Australia and charted 4th on UK chart :(

Condolences to her family & friends. really sorry about the loss.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just very sad really. and so young.
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    So upsetting :( I can't get over this, really played on my mind all day.
  • marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    So sad I remember her for XFactor USA, its bizarre you could see on XF she wanted the fame, the music career so so bad - and when it looked she finally had it with GRL - then this :( The poor girl, she was obviously in a very bad place, and being famous can in fact be so isolating I imagine, may she rest in peace.
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    So sad I remember her for XFactor USA, its bizarre you could see on XF she wanted the fame, the music career so so bad - and when it looked she finally had it with GRL - then this :( The poor girl, she was obviously in a very bad place, and being famous can in fact be so isolating I imagine, may she rest in peace.

Exactly what I thought, I rewatched her audition today, really really sad how things played out :(
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor wee girl, this is so sad.