With Android can I power on from standby straight to the last running app

tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
Forum Member
i.e. instead of getting the home screen when I power on (on my HTC One) and having to swipe the padlock up (no screen lock) before I see the last app I was running.

Comments

• AetnlaAetnla Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try the app No Lock
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't necessarily need an app. On my HTC One running Android 4.4.3

Go to Settings -> Security -> Screen Lock

Tap No Lock Screen

Then whenever you bring the phone out of stand-by it goes straight back to whatever was running when it went into stand-by.
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Don't necessarily need an app. On my HTC One running Android 4.4.3

Go to Settings -> Security -> Screen Lock

Tap No Lock Screen

Then whenever you bring the phone out of stand-by it goes straight back to whatever was running when it went into stand-by.

Not on mine it doesn't, that was the first thing I tried
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tdenson wrote: »
    Not on mine it doesn't, that was the first thing I tried

Hmmm

I've been doing a bit of googling. From what I've read it seems Android KitKat (which is ver 4.4) may have disabled the No lock Screen option or even removed it. Which does sort of beg the question as to why I both have the option and it works on my phone running 4.4.3?

Unless there has been some sort of tweaking by EE to customise it and restore that function.

Maybe an app is the only way to do the job then?
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Hmmm

I've been doing a bit of googling. From what I've read it seems Android KitKat (which is ver 4.4) may have disabled the No lock Screen option or even removed it. Which does sort of beg the question as to why I both have the option and it works on my phone running 4.4.3?

Unless there has been some sort of tweaking by EE to customise it and restore that function.

Maybe an app is the only way to do the job then?

I'm running 4.4.2 HTC Sense Version 6.0
    Forum Member
    Aetnla wrote: »
    Try the app No Lock

That works a treat thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tdenson wrote: »
    I'm running 4.4.2 HTC Sense Version 6.0

I am on Android 4.4.3 and HTC Sense 6.0. I can only assume that there has been some tweaking involved in the version I'm running. But all I can say is that every single time I test it on my phone it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Very strange.