Options

Least Favorite Harry Potter Movie And Why?

Comments

• Options
    Caza_BellowCaza_Bellow Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Yates was the best thing to happen to the Harry Potter movies in my opinion. :)

If you tell me which of the Harry Potter movies he was responsible for making then I'll tell you if I agree with you or not.
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OotP, HBP , DHs Part One and DHs Part Two.
  • Options
    Caza_BellowCaza_Bellow Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OotP, HBP , DHs Part One and DHs Part Two.

Then the answer is no. OOTP and the HBP were awful!
  • Options
    Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    weird i thought number 3 and the above mentioned were clearly the best as films
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then the answer is no. OOTP and the HBP were awful!
    y

Entitled to your opinion but I disagree.

I love all the movies but the last 5 were the best followed closely by CoS.

PoA is the weak one of the bunch imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    On the whole 'Chamber of secrets' is my least favourite film. I'm not sure why really as it is quite faithful to the book as I recall. Most disappointed film in comparison to the book was Prisoner of Azkaban and as some mentioned earlier the film of 'Half blood prince' was very light on story too.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    So basically you didn't like any of them!

Maybe you should read my post more carefully, particularly the last line where I said that for the most part Deathly Hallows impressed me...
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In order of preference Most liked to least liked.

Hallows #1
    Hallows #2
    Philosophers Stone
    Prisoner of Azkaban
    Order of the Phoenix
    Chamber of Secrets
    Half Blood Prince
    Goblet of Fire
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    In order of preference Most liked to least liked.

Hallows #1
    Hallows #2
    Philosophers Stone
    Prisoner of Azkaban
    Order of the Phoenix
    Chamber of Secrets
    Half Blood Prince
    Goblet of Fire

Mine would be ~ Deathly Hallows Part One & Two.

Goblet of Fire.

Order of the Phoenix.

Chamber of Secrets.

Half~Blood Prince.

Philosopher's Stone.

Prisoner of Azkaban.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Half Blood Prince probably. It was far too long and was more like a teen romance movie.
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine would be ~ Deathly Hallows Part One & Two.

Goblet of Fire.

Order of the Phoenix.

Chamber of Secrets.

Half~Blood Prince.

Philosopher's Stone.

Prisoner of Azkaban.

GoF pretty high up there. :) I admit it's a very good story. I just think it suffers from missed plot points/opportunities, a lack of cohesion and strong acting with even the adults letting the side down. Some excellent set pieces though .i.e. the tournament scenes and the horror is cranked up a notch I just think GoF has some faults that the rest of the movies don't have. So it goes last for me.

Half Blood prince could have been a great movie and it started strongly but there was too much teen romance stuff and not enough of the main plot which was supposed to be delving into Voldemorts history to learn more about him.

The Hallows movies will always be the cream of the crop for me. :)
  • Options
    VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like all of them so this is a tough one for me.

Even though GoF is arguably the poorest adaptation, I still consider it to be one of the best of the films - probably in my top 3 with PoA and DH2.

Whenever I watch the series OotP is the one I look forward to the least - you know it is a bad sign when the longest book of the series becomes the shortest movie of the series. It also has the weakest climax apart from DH1, but with the latter being the first of a two-parter it is more forgivable.
  • Options
    frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    Half Blood Price. Really, it's all but devoid of more than a paragraph or two of story.

Just like the book then.... ;)

I'd say either Chamber of Secrets of Half Blood Prince, mainly as I didnt like either book they were based on.

That said, at least HBP had the Harry being high of luck potion, and Harry / Hermione on the bridge at the end takling about being best friends (both great scenes). Chamber had nothing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Order of the Phoenix completely missing out the battle of the Department of Mysteries (which had an ENTIRE CHAPTER based around it) shocked me, so I'd say that.

edit - no, actually Half Blood Prince was the worst. What was the actual point of it, really? Aside from Dumbledore's death it was just two hours of romances and random side stories.
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    edit - no, actually Half Blood Prince was the worst. What was the actual point of it, really? Aside from Dumbledore's death it was just two hours of romances and random side stories.

Well, without the Half Blood Prince, I'd fathom a guess that there would definitely have been no Deathly Hallows...

How else would we have known about the horcruxes? And what they were? And insight into Voldermort's past? Most of the film built up to the introduction of the horcrux, which forms the fundamental basis of the final segment.
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from the last two, all of them
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Half Blood Prince probably. It was far too long and was more like a teen romance movie.

This is what I was gonna say ^

I'm surprised to see many people say The Goblet Of Fire, I thought that was one of the more enjoyable films, I must admit though that I haven't read all the HP books.
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Basing them purely on movies as I haven't read the books then.

Prisoner of Azkaban
    Deathly Hallows
    Order of the Pheonix

Goblet of fire
    Half Blood Prince
    Philosopher's Stone
    Chamber of Secrets

I don't actually dislike any of them though.
  • Options
    Callum_BrownCallum_Brown Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that HBP cut out way too much. All of the Gaunt family and Hepzibah Smith chapters were fascinating, much more so than boring old Lavender Brown, I'm glad Greyback got her in the end.

OOTP cut out a lot as well, such as the chapter visiting Lockhart in St Mungos and 75% of the Department of Mysteries battle. Not to mention Professor McGonagall duelling Umbridge outside Hagrid's Hut, that would have been great to see.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goblet of Fire.

It was a bit of a mess but lucky the trio still carried the film. I loved all the ones that David Yates directed, hes proper brilliant.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    weird i thought number 3 and the above mentioned were clearly the best as films
    Prisoner of Azkaban was spectacular from a cinematic point of view.

You felt the series had grown up for the first time, the characters did too. Much darker, more serious. The first two films did great in keeping with the book, but it wasn't as organic as the third. Disappointed the film made a hash of the Marauder's Map though.
  • Options
    Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally liked Prizoner of Azkaban the least. I watched it before reading the book and found it a bit confusing as things weren't explained, it wasn't until I read the book things were cleared up.

Order of the Phoenix and Goblet of Fire are after. Ootp because things were way too different from the book and Goblet of Fire, because it's my least favourite story in the whole series, including the book.

Half Blood Prince is actually one of my favourites! the acting is improved a lot and some of the scenes are amazing, especially in the cave with Dumbledore and Dumbledore's death. The acting in the first 2 films isn't great, but everything else about them was pretty good, even if they seem a bit more childish now!

Deathly Hallows was good, but I was disappointed that some scenes weren't longer - like the Snape's memory scene.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon87 wrote: »
    I personally liked Prizoner of Azkaban the least. I watched it before reading the book and found it a bit confusing as things weren't explained, it wasn't until I read the book things were explained.

Same here. In fact it was my first experience of Harry Potter. Never heard of it before or knew it was a based on a book.

I actually thought the movie was over at one point and got ready to leave but then they went back in time....
  • Options
    Tillymint82Tillymint82 Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Azkaban was the best! Magical, odd, topsy turvy. Right amount of darkness and humour! Definatly the best.

The worst is prob OOTP (sad because its my favourite book) and HBP

The last 4 films were badly done in my opinion