Options

R1 DVD's from Play and Cd-wow

Hi,

I am planning on pre-ordering several DVD's and I have used both play and cd-wow before in the past. Can anyone who has recently ordered a R1 disc from either of these companies comfirm if they receive the candian version of films or the US version. I think play have been selling candian discs for some time, although I dont know about cd-wow. I ordered the Lord of the Rings FOTR Extended Edition before christmas and when it arrived it was US R1 boxset so i went out and ordered the orginal FOTR dvd a few weeks later and it was an Candian R1 which arrived disc.

Any feedback would be great

Chessy

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i got a canadian 'catch me if you can' from cd-wow, for a 50p off coupen visit http://www.dvdpricecheck.co.uk
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Play always used to sell Canadian versions, which means slightly different packaging (ratings sticker and sometimes dual-language sleeves), and which also sometimes adds a French dub track (poor use of bit budget on an extra you'll never watch, if you ask me). Mostly, Canadian versions seem to be same extras, but you can always check with Amazon/dvdempire etc for US specs, then pick your preferred supplier on price etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the advice guys, I've just came across playcentric.com has anyone used them as nothing comes up when I search the boards? Would anyone recommend them?

Thanks

Chessy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    if you're looking for genuine US dvd's then i recommend dvdworldusa.com. very good service and reasonable prices. i think US versions are always a tad more expensive than canadian as they're more expensive to import (maybe due to exchange rates and all that).