Options

How do I find "on demand" shows only?

horsepillshorsepills Posts: 512
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anyone know how to search for a programme and get it to list only those that are available on demand?

For example, my daughter loves Doc Mcstuffins. If I run a search for it, dozens of results come up - but only a few are available to download.....the rest are just tv listings for when the programme is coming on during the week. Is there anyway to filter on only those available to download? It's a pain having to go into each individual result to try to find on demand content.

Comments

• Options
    kenedinkenedin Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disney Junior has its own On Demand content in Catch Up Tv.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Goto the CatchUp TV or the Box Sets section to search for programmes from specific channels.
  • Options
    blueplatinumblueplatinum Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been trying to find "Tofu" on 4OD but it doesn't seem to be on the Sky version of the service.
  • Options
    ds_readerds_reader Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back on topic ... The only way is to use the Catch-Up TV options on the Home screen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have been trying to find "Tofu" on 4OD but it doesn't seem to be on the Sky version of the service.
    It's an online show. Why would it be on 4OD?
  • Options
    horsepillshorsepills Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ds_reader wrote: »
    Back on topic ... The only way is to use the Catch-Up TV options on the Home screen.

So in other words....there is no way to run a search specifically for content available "on demand". Which is a shame because I don't always know which channel some of the kids tv programs are on - so using the catch up area becomes a chore, going in and out of channels, etc...

A filter on search functionality for "show on demand only" shouldn't be that hard, but depends how many people would use it I guess...
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    horsepills wrote: »
    So in other words....there is no way to run a search specifically for content available "on demand". Which is a shame because I don't always know which channel some of the kids tv programs are on - so using the catch up area becomes a chore, going in and out of channels, etc...

A filter on search functionality for "show on demand only" shouldn't be that hard, but depends how many people would use it I guess...

At the moment, it would probably be easiest to search for the show, see which channel it is on, then go to that channels catch-up to see what it there.
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    It's an online show. Why would it be on 4OD?

It's not an online show, it's a show commissioned for 4OD, therefore many would expect it to be on 4OD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ocav wrote: »
    It's not an online show, it's a show commissioned for 4OD, therefore many would expect it to be on 4OD.
    Then maybe Channel 4 should update thier website
    Tofu

YouTuber Benjamin Cook explores modern sex in all its variety in this exclusive online series, interviewing members of the public and the cast of dramas Cucumber and Banana#
  • Options
    PudpullerTMPudpullerTM Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    horsepills wrote: »

isnt all the on demand stuff always shown at the top of any search list so you know it available on demand ?