ITV Player coming to Talk Talk TV & Fetch TV "No".

I contacted ITV and ITV Interactive (ITV Digital Channels) about ITV Player coming to Talk Talk TV and Fetch TV and the response I got was an abrupt "No", seems strange ITV don't want to expand their ITV Player service.

Comments

• hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps ITV are looking to doing it via Canvas, where they can keep control rather than 3rd parties?
    http://www.projectcanvas.info/
    Project Canvas is a proposed partnership between the BBC, ITV, C4, Five, BT and Talk Talk to build an open internet-connected TV platform, subject to BBC Trust approval.

The partners intend to form a venture to promote the platform to consumers and the content, service and developer community.
    Arqiva's See saw has now joined and Fetch TV will be able use Canvas compliant STB and TVs and therefore the content.
  • The PhazerThe Phazer Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    I don't think Fetch TV exactly covered itself in glory as far as the other broadcasters are concerned with their behavior towards the BBC and iPlayer support.

I'm not even sure Talk Talk TV wants any additional content, given the thing is almost certainly going to get completely replaced with Canvas when it launches.

Phazer