Options

Who's will be best?

ashjfashjf Posts: 1,098
Forum Member
✭✭✭
OK, which will be the best IPTV service do you think?

* 3View
Freeview, iPlayer, Sky Player, Internet
* Fetch TV
Freeview, iPlayer, Sky Player, Movies and TV Show Downloads
* Very Tangy TV
Freeview, Other IPTV Chabbels
* Project Canvas (if launches)
Could have everyting, Freeview, Freesat, iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD, Demand Five, TalkTalk TV, Love Films, Sky Player and so on
* BT Vision
BBC Replay, ITV Player, 4OD, demand Five, Lots of TV shows, Music and Movies, Needs iPlayer though.

Comments

• Options
    gonefishingonefishin Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Doesn't that depend on what your priorities are?
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This going to be the problem, with so many services out there people are going to get confused, they get confused enough between Freesat and sky.

I think Very Tangy t.v can be ruled out, Fetch and 3view is going to be limited, apart from having sky player, there don't seem to be anything else of much interest, but saying that Fetch T.v have got some stuff that looks interesting, and it is PAYG, which ius the way forward I think. the boxes are cheaper than 3view, the only problem is, no price on the content.

Bt vision and Project Canvas will come into one I think if Project Canvas gets the go ahead.

I like the idea and in theory Project canvas should be better than all the others content wise and if they allow other ISPs to get into the act, then people could have the same QOS system as what BTVision have, otherwise it will die as people who only have limited usage will get charged for their broadband usage or end up not being able to use their broadband.

The main problem with VOD/TVoIP is broadband speed, a lot of people out there get less than 2Mbits and unless something is done, then they will be missing out on the services.

when Bt first came out with Bt Vision, i thought great, this is what we want, just a shame it have not really lived up to what it could have been and I think in the end most of these TVoIP projects will come crashing to the ground and people will have paid a lot of money for doorstops.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    noise747 wrote: »
    Bt vision and Project Canvas will come into one I think if Project Canvas gets the go ahead.

Ditto TalkTalk:
    http://www.digitalchoices.co.uk/talktalk-tv-to-launch-on-project-canvas-19042010.html
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gonefishin wrote: »

Yes, that waste of space of a company, which is why I will stay well away from Canvas.
  • Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gonefishin wrote: »
    Although Talk Talk will be able use similar Canvas enabled devices it will have a seperate network and content so will be interesting to see which network will be most stable (both BT and Talk Talk are doing upgrades) and have the best content.
    Talk Talk do have Sky content as an extra, so will be intersting to see if they keep it or BT also gets Sky.

Also if Vodafone, Orange and T mobile rebadge the BT Vision Canvas service over the BT network now they are all using BT wholesale?.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hanssolo wrote: »
    Talk Talk do have Sky content as an extra, so will be intersting to see if they keep it or BT also gets Sky.

That's what Ofcom's pay TV review was broadly about: allowing BT (and others) to at least get access to Sky Sports 1 & 2 at a regulated price. Sky's movie channels will be considered separately, following referral to the Competition Commission.