Options

XBL Arcade releases

Comments

• Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Same here!!! I'm not buying anymore XBLA titles either!!! :(

(IF I can't use the xboxone without kinect attached (like my 360) I'm gonna jump ship 2 Sony aswell cause my living room isn't suitable ... but that's a topic 4 another thread) :rolleyes:

I totally understand, when I first heard there's not B/C it was a true kick in the balls but now the dust is settling, I thought; is my 360 going anywhere?

Think back to the launch of the 360 and there wasn't a huge library of games, then look at today at how it's amassed such an incredibly huge library. I guess it's time to move on, but that doesn't exclude the 360 for me. It will continue to be hooked up to my TV and I believe the servers will continue to operate for a long time, if not merged with the new ones (at least for Marketplace access). Achievements are B/C so you can game on 360 as well as the new machine with the one Gamertag.

I understand the disappointment though.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally understand, when I first heard there's not B/C it was a true kick in the balls but now the dust is settling, I thought; is my 360 going anywhere?

Think back to the launch of the 360 and there wasn't a huge library of games, then look at today at how it's amassed such an incredibly huge library. I guess it's time to move on, but that doesn't exclude the 360 for me. It will continue to be hooked up to my TV and I believe the servers will continue to operate for a long time, if not merged with the new ones (at least for Marketplace access). Achievements are B/C so you can game on 360 as well as the new machine with the one Gamertag.

I understand the disappointment though.

That's the part I don't understand though Shmup, it's taken MS ages to build up the XBLA library and it sounds as if the xbox one will abandon that. So we're having to start all over again. such a waste is it not. Let's hope E3 brings us more info and clarity on just what the new xbox will have access too, arcade game wise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's the part I don't understand though Shmup, it's taken MS ages to build up the XBLA library and it sounds as if the xbox one will abandon that. So we're having to start all over again. such a waste is it not. Let's hope E3 brings us more info and clarity on just what the new xbox will have access too, arcade game wise.

I agree, I don't see them doing that. I think they have plans for the 360 but we'll have to wait and see. What we own now we own into the future, and MS need to assure us of that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also...bear in mind they kept the original Xbox servers up and running for about 5 years after it's death and there were very few games to actually play on that outside of Halo 2. 360 isn't going anywhere in a hurry.

I still wonder why MS own the Xbox-Fusion.co.uk domain? Maybe (and yes, go ahead and laugh because I know it's wishful thinking) they have thought of an option for those none too interested in live TV so by hooking up the 360 to the HDMI input of the Xbox One will somehow bridge the machines. Cool idea though right? Why didn't they think of that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With both HDMI IN and HDMI OUT (pictured) that is a bloody good idea. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah and they MUST of thought of that scenario because I think everyone will plug their 360 into it just to see what happens. :)

Anyone concerned about the future of 360 read this.

Microsoft are promising to keep the 360 afloat well into next-generation (at least 5 years). I think we are going to see an unveiling of a new, mini-360 at E3. They may loosen restriction on development and allow Indie's to self publish etc. Would be a great way to experiment. The fact they've created a one gold sub rule that covers both machines simultaneously also hints at the potential of people using both devices in the future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've dug up some more, this is taken from an interview after the X1 reveal.
    Gamespot: So presumably you anticipate there being sort of a lot of support for the [Xbox 360] in terms of new XBLA releases and stuff…

Phill Spencer: I think the [Xbox 360] is going to be very vibrant for many years. In fact, we have a huge, I think it's huge, [Xbox 360] announcement for E3 that I keep wanting to talk about, but I can't. I think it will surprise people. I loved what we did with Minecraft; bring Minecraft to the box; six million units later it's kind of a beast. I think there's a lot of life in the [Xbox 360] for years to come.source
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a few extra points if anybody is interested just send me a pm. If not ill Ebay them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Picked up Capsized on XBLA last week, great little game. Reminds me of Metroid crossed with Exile, really fun physics based shooty platformer and superb soundtrack to match. For £6.99 you can't go wrong. :cool:

Also today saw the release of the Beautiful Puzzle Pack for £9.99 you get:
      Ilomilo
      Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
      Lazy Raiders
      The Splatters

All real quality games but especially Ilomilo and ITSP. That's a huge saving which would usually set you back £24 if bought individually!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A few more compilation packs have made their way to XBL. The Ninjabee Bundle comprises of 5 games for £13.49 (1600 MSP)
      Cloning Clyde
      Ancient's of Ooga
      A World of Keflings
      Insect War
      Outpost Kaloki X

Well worth it if you tend to like puzzle/platformers. A couple of the games are really clever (Cloning Clyde and Ancients of Ooga) are are as close to an old skool Oddworld game as we're likely to ever see on Xbox.

Today also see's the release of the Space Shooter Bundle also for £13.49
      Radiant Silvergun
      Sine Mora
      Ikaruga
      Fusion: Genesis

If you don't already own these games and you're into shmups then it's a must buy!
  • Options
    steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Today also see's the release of the Space Shooter Bundle also for £13.49
      Radiant Silvergun
      Sine Mora
      Ikaruga
      Fusion: Genesis

If you don't already own these games and you're into shmups then it's a must buy!

Do you know if this pack has been removed now? I found it the other day and thought it was a bargain but didn't have any points. I did have some on the way from a Now TV promotion so thought I'd wait and get it when they turned up. Checked again yesterday and it isn't shown anywhere now. Really annoying as it barely seems to have been up any time at all, don't they want people to buy it or something. :mad:

Similar thing with the Capcom Arcade Cabinet, whole set was 1000 points now up to 2000 again, would it kill MS to have some long term sales so you actually have chance to buy it before they ramp the price up again. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah if you don't see it now it's probably gone, those packs were only for a very limited time, perhaps I should of stated that here but I forgot. It did say on the dash that you should be quick. Sorry if you missed out on it as that was a substantial saving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Some huge news for XBLA!! According to a report developers should be able to start self-publishing on it from as early as August!!
    XBLAFans wrote:
    According to FarSight Studios, the developer behind now-defunct downloadable title The Pinball Arcade, “Microsoft has just announced that indie developers (like FarSight) can now self-publish on Xbox Live Arcade instead of being required to find publishers for their games.”

You can read the full article here

I had a feeling before E3 that Microsoft would allow self publishing on the 360 as it will usher in a whole new generation of Indie games for the platform, something Sony don't appear to be allowing for PS3. Terrible news for consoles like Ouya though.

According to Farsight they can now bring back Pinball Arcade themselves instead of relying on a publisher. Hopefully other developers follow suits as there's been a few games delisted., such as Double Dragon and Speedball.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Today see's the begininng of Summer of Arcade '13 with it;s first release:

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

You can pick it up for 1200 MSP or £9.99. It's been receiving some very respectable review scores. I love the concept of controlling each character with each analogue stick to solve puzzles. For me this was an insta-buy, I'll be playing it later tonight so I might post some impressions depending on how much I enjoy it.

Next week is Charlie Murder, probably the game i'm most anticipating out of the bunch, I wasn't a Dishwasher fan until only recently where a thread over on Racktboy was raving about the game (particularly Vampire Smile) and mentioned it was like a 2D Ninja Gaiden, how right they were, even down to the combo system. It has near perfect gameplay so I'm quite looking forward to his next project and seeing what it does for the 2D side-scrolling beat 'em up genre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So Charlie Murder released today as the second Summer of Arcade title to be released.

I've been playing it for a few hours. Fun stuff! and quite surprised at the level of depth on offer, it has loot and all typical RPG mechanics, leveling up, perks, weapons, clothes etc. The actual gameplay is quite reminiscent of The Dishwaher (same combo system) crossed with Castle Crashers. It has a pretty weird art style that's synonymous with Ska Studios, you either like it or you don't. The leves are broken up with boss fights and many little set-pieces from 2D shmup stages to riding on a motorbike. It's great little game single player or co-op. Only £6.99 too.

Also on Friday we see the release of the Special Edition DLC of Mark of the Ninja, which includes new costumes, weapons, a new prequel level and full in-game commentary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really enjoying Charlie Murder, the game just keeps on giving. Such a shame it has flown under the radar with only 7 reviews up on Metacritic and not much buzz but there really should be, it's an awesome little beat 'em up with almost hypnotic gameplay. I believe it is the best XBLA title this year after State of Decay.

Payday 2 is also released today for those interested, the L4D comparisons have me intrigued but it doesn't look nearly as fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't bought an XBLA game in ages m8. Last one i downloaded was 'WSOP' world series of poker. I bought left for dead and L4D2 for the PC though and both are excellent games. I still fire up the 360 though as I still have a lot of arcade games to finish lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah, L4D is one of the best games this gen, horribly addictive and the Cold Stream update made it even better, I still play it and even single player is fun for me, it's a tough game but a beautiful challenge.

There's a new Poker game on the way which you might be interested in, I'm guessing it's the sequel since it's called WSOP: Full House Pro

Cool site here shows upcoming XBLA games, with links to the official websites.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, L4D is one of the best games this gen, horribly addictive and the Cold Stream update made it even better, I still play it and even single player is fun for me, it's a tough game but a beautiful challenge.

There's a new Poker game on the way which you might be interested in, I'm guessing it's the sequel since it's called WSOP: Full House Pro

Cool site here shows upcoming XBLA games, with links to the official websites.

Yeah I have WSOP m8. downloaded it about a week ago. I got fed up with peeps messaging me and asking me how I had it when it isn't available over here yet lol and Yeah thanks for the link m8, I still have a look now and then to see what arcade games are coming on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tons of deals on XBL today, you can view them here

Going to pick up Rocket Knight (£2.50, a price drop at last!) and Contra Hard Corps: Uprising also £2.50. Monaco for half price is tempting.
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    WSOP and Castle of Illusion tomorrow,WSOP is FREE.

We also have this tomorrow....?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ZDXgYkOa4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mickey's pretty awesome. I was initially disappointed at the 30fps, I always feel like platformers should be 60fps for control reasons but it plays well enough once you get used the controls (which I've read a few reviews moaning about) and it's not completely 2D anyway. Gfx are gorgeous.

I really do like this re-imagining, the ability to play with the original music doesn't feel as out of place as I thought it might, it suits the game really well. I think they got the mixture of nostalgia and freshness just right. The castle also reminds me of Mario 64, I'm sure that isn't by mistake. Fun game!
  • Options
    Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone play full house pro yet? I am going to download it in a bit, if it's anything Luke the first one it should be brill!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just finished Mickey. Fantastic little game! I would say a near perfect remake, this is how they should be! 9/10

How spoiled have we been these past few weeks? A Castle of Illusion remake, Duck Tales Remake and Flashback Remake!! How can anyone argue this gen hasn't been one of the best for most if not all genres?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone play full house pro yet? I am going to download it in a bit, if it's anything Luke the first one it should be brill!

Yeah Iv'e been playing FH Pro for quite a while now (downloaded the Beta when it came out). While it is a fun game, there's been quite a few changes from the first one, as we expected with it being a free game. Having to purchase most of the avatar items, either using chips from ur stack or gold bars (which have to be bought and cost a fortune). Dunno if u can win gold by winning tournaments though. No more building up ur chip stack playing against the 'bots' either, all u get now is XP, as the chips used for these games doesn't come from ur own stack. Pro takedown is still good but def harder than before. Overall not a bad game for nothing.

*You do however need to have a Gold membership to play it, even in single player.