GTA V Online: Are You Ready?

Comments

• MotherTeresaMotherTeresa Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    logansdad wrote: »

First of, i bought my character body armour and i can't seem to get rid off it. So any clothes that i get are always hidden by my bullet proof vest. Am i missing something simple here.

Any tips for my sessions would be appreciated. Thanks

You should be able to hide your ballistic vest by going into your inventory(accessed by pressing the select/back button), and switching it off. You'll still get the protection from it, but it won't be visible.

Your inventory appears like this on screen:http://i.ytimg.com/vi/2JY3rfyYvVI/maxresdefault.jpg
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should be able to hide your ballistic vest by going into your inventory(accessed by pressing the select/back button), and switching it off. You'll still get the protection from it, but it won't be visible.

Your inventory appears like this on screen:http://i.ytimg.com/vi/2JY3rfyYvVI/maxresdefault.jpg

Ahh! Thanks for that. I've had GTA5 since launch day and decided this week to try the online shenanigins, so I've just been wandering about getting a feel for it. Only trouble is everybody else has a year headstart so I'm woefully under equipped at the mo!
    Cheers again.
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh! Thanks for that. I've had GTA5 since launch day and decided this week to try the online shenanigins, so I've just been wandering about getting a feel for it. Only trouble is everybody else has a year headstart so I'm woefully under equipped at the mo!
    Cheers again.

I dont know if this still happens, as I'm always full of bullets but doing the Survivals will let you keep any weapon picked up. Doing them and picking up the reloads and you'll have some equipment going forward.

No idea if creating your own level and putting pick ups everywhere would work, never tried it.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Cheers again.

If you select "Invite Only" or "Solo" you will be put in a map on your own - so you won't have to worry about random players killing you over and over.

Its a good way to explore, plus you can rob stores/armoured trucks, steal cars to sell and beat up pedestrians for cash. All these activities will raise your stats and avoiding the cops after getting a wanted rating will help towards levelling up your character. Plus some of the missions you get offered can be completed by a single player.

It isn't as quick as doing the game online with a group of people, but it is a good way of getting familier with the game without the hassle of encountering players who are leagues ahead of you.
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tips. Played for a couple of hours last night and quite enjoyed it. Got attacked by some other players last night and when i killed them they went ballistic, and put a bounty on me! I don't mind getting messed with and killed when wandering about tbh (all part of the experience i suppose). But i did do a mission in which 3 other players joined and i was effectively "pushed" out of my own game, so i think i will do a lot of the missions on my own at first an see how it goes.
    Cheers.
    Forum Member
    I see Online is finally getting Heists...

Soon...

:p
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tried the first lester mission ..... only survived the FIRST wave of that survival ..... but did a job myself and got a whopping 13k :D

AND i put the game off at nearly the time i wanted too ..... 'cos i would STILL BE PLAYING IT NOW!!!
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rockstar have finally announced that Heists are coming to GTA Online with an upcoming Title Update.

Rockstar Newswire - GTA Online Census: The Story So Far:
    We know you’re all excited for more Updates to come and we’ve got some really exciting stuff in
    the works to continue adding to, expanding and evolving the world of Grand Theft Auto Online
    including the highly anticipated launch of Online Heists which will be available for all four
    consoles as the first GTA Online Update to happen after the game launches on PS4
    and Xbox One. We’ll have some details on that very soon as well.
    YouTuber "DomIsLive" talks about the announcement.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Please don't link to DomIsLive, he's a ****, simple as,

"YO YO GUYS, IT IS ME, DomIsLive, AND I'VE GOT SOME NEWS FOR YOU, FROM ME, DomIsLive, BUT FUSRT CAN YOU HIT THAT LIKE BUTTON, and SUBSCRIBE BUTTON, So I, DomIsLive, CAN CONTINUE TO BRING YOU THE BEST IN EXPLOITS AND CHEATS FOR ONLINE WHILST STEALING NEWS FROM OTHER PEOPLE AND NOT CREDITING THEM, Remeber, HIT THAT LIKE BUTTON, and, SUBSCRIBE BUTTON, do it for CHOP! This has BEEN ME, DomIsLive"

Seriously, "YouTubers" are ****ing annoying, some are good, but the ones who shit out 5 videos a day just to get ad revenue and drag out the point are just ****.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I'll give DomIsLive a bit of credit. He doesn't claim to be ultimate source for GTA news, and doesn't exactly
    "s**t out 5 videos a day" (your words not mine) for purely for ad revenue. It's usually "daily GTA5 videos two times
    a day." He rarely uploads anymore than 2-3 videos a day, and they're not all about the latest GTA news. He does
    it mainly for a bit of entertainment and speculation, much like VanossGaming does it for comedy.

He usually, if not always provides a link back to the news source. He doesn't promote cheat glitches as you've
    wrongly pointed out, but does talk about them when they've been adversely affecting other GTAO players,
    and often warns his viewers to avoid modded money lobbies or public lobbies that have been hacked.

I agree that a lot of "YouTubers" are annoying, and a lot of themare indeed money-****, churning out vids
    purely for ad revenue. Bear in mind, there are a growing number of YouTubers who do it for a living.

TBH, if you don't like "YouTubers" such as DomIsLive and others, you don't have to watch them. And I'll link to
    whoever I want to. I'm not linking to illegal or NSFW stuff here so don't you tell me who I can and can't link to.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heists have been coming soon for ages.

I don't think what Rockstar has said is particularly newsworthy. It's just said they're coming in an update, and it will provide *details* on that "very soon" (not provide the update very soon).
  • james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what will the difference actually be between heists and the contact mission we currently have available?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Heists have been coming soon for ages.

I don't think what Rockstar has said is particularly newsworthy. It's just said they're coming in an
    update, and it will provide *details* on that "very soon" (not provide the update very soon).
    Actually what Rockstar officially confirmed is that Heists will be coming in the first Title Update after the new
    revamped version of GTA V is released for Xbox One and PS4. Online Heists are literally coming soon.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJGM wrote: »
    Actually what Rockstar officially confirmed is that Heists will be coming in the first Title Update after the new
    revamped version of GTA V is released for Xbox One and PS4. Online Heists are literally coming soon.

But Rockstar hasn't said when that will be.

All it has actually stated will be coming "very soon" is "details" on the Heists.

How long now have we been waiting? How many times have the Heists been delayed? Weren't they officially coming in Spring originally?

EDIT:

Yup.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52217/Grand-Theft-Auto-Online-Spring-Updates
    Heists: Coming this spring to Grand Theft Auto Online, team up with your most trusted Crew members or with random other mercenaries in Grand Theft Auto Online to pull off cooperative Heist Missions for glory and profit. We know many in the GTA Online community have been looking forward to this update — stay tuned for much more information to come.

Coming this spring? Awesome! :D Oh... that was several months ago though? :(;)
    Forum Member
    And I'll link to
    whoever I want to. I'm not linking to illegal or NSFW stuff here so don't you tell me who I can and can't link to.

Well fine, as long as you're OK with me calling him out and noting down that you're following a **** who does exactly all the shit I've mentioned, Dom is just able to manipulate people with his "I'm a Nice Guy" persona, and gullible people seem to fall for it, enough to where they start spreading his disease of a videos around forums.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He doesn't promote cheat glitches as you've
    wrongly pointed out

Pretty sure it was one of his videos that I saw the dead hooker money glitch on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »

Well fine, as long as you're OK with me calling him out and noting down that you're following a ****
    who does exactly all the shit I've mentioned, Dom is just able to manipulate people with his "I'm a
    Nice Guy" persona, and gullible people seem to fall for it, enough to where they start spreading
    his disease of a videos around forums.
    Well I'm not OK with it, since what you're saying about DomIsLive is bulls**t, bordering on libellous.
    So you reckon DomIsLive promotes cheat glitches really? Is that why Rockstar invited him to be a
    special guest on one of their offical GTA Online streams on Twitch.tv a few weeks ago?

R* Official Livestreams this Week featuring GTAV Soundtrack's Flying Lotus, Thundercat & More

All the stuff you're saying about DomIsLive, makes you sound like a bitter person with a grudge.
    None of it is true. If you keep up this attitude, you could get into trouble. If you have a genuine
    belief that any video DomIsLive posts on YouTube promotes cheat glitches, then you should
    report it to Rockstar, and they would deal with it accordingly.

Whatever grudge you have with DomIsLive, take it up with him personally, rather than posting
    unfounded and untrue nasty comments on an internet forum he's probably never heard of.
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Pretty sure it was one of his videos that I saw the dead hooker money glitch on.
    He did feature this glitch in a couple of his GTA videos several weeks ago when hacked lobbies
    came back, but this was only highlighting his Twitter followers and YT subscribers who told him
    they'd been affected by these hacked lobbies. Heck, I had it myself a couple of times, but I've
    not seen anything like this in public lobbies since the most recent GTAV Title Update.
    Forum Member
    Well I'm not OK with it, since what you're saying about DomIsLive is bulls**t, bordering on libellous.

Tell Dom to sue me then, I'll counter it will all the stolen content he STILL features in his videos without crediting the proper people. :)
    So you reckon DomIsLive promotes cheat glitches really? Is that why Rockstar invited him to be a special guest on one of their offical GTA Online streams on Twitch.tv a few weeks ago?

R* Official Livestreams this Week featuring GTAV Soundtrack's Flying Lotus, Thundercat & More

And there was people in the comments telling Rockstar that they've made a mistake rewarding him, and you know what happened? Poor Dom was offended and got Rockstar to delete the comments.
    All the stuff you're saying about DomIsLive, makes you sound like a bitter person with a grudge. None of it is true. If you keep up this attitude, you could get into trouble. If you have a genuine belief that any video DomIsLive posts on YouTube promotes cheat glitches, then you should report it to Rockstar, and they would deal with it accordingly.

We do, many people do, you sound like some kind of fanboy here, he's a guy on YouTube and here you are pretending to be his lawyer! The dude steals content from places like GTAForums and Reddit and DOES NOT give credit for his source of information in his videos, most recently the "leaked soundtrack" information, never once in his video does he mention the people who found this information on GTAForums, who then went on to post it on Reddit, no, instead he does he usual BS act "HEY GUYS, I'VE GOT SOME INFORMATION FOR YOU..." and then reads it out like HE was the one who found and you get people in the comments kissing his arse for it.
    Whatever grudge you have with DomIsLive, take it up with him personally, rather than posting unfounded and untrue nasty comments on an internet forum he's probably never heard of.

And I actually have, I have spoken with your little online celebrity friend and in the end we just agreed that we see things differently, he promised to change his ways and start including proper credits for his sources, but 1 month later he's STILL not doing that.

I don't know what YOU know about DomisLive, but in the actual GTA community, Reddit, places like NeoGAF, etc, he's looked upon as just another YouTube **** who steals content. I'm curious to know why you feel so strongly about him, are you one of those people I mentioned that believe in his "nice guy" act? You assume these things but I have actually spoken with Dom multiple times calling him out to credit his sources properly, and each time he says he promises to try harder and properly credit people, yet he never does, instead we get the usual shitting out two to three videos a day stretching out already revealed news, him begging for likes and for us to subscribe (no seriously, watch his videos, see how fast he starts begging you to Like and Subscribe because "I do daily GTAV videos!"), and the entire thing is just very little effort, lacks proper sources and credits, etc, and he's just doing this to keep his video count up so he keeps getting paid.

He also genuinely thinks he's a proper "celebrity" now as well, which is hilarious.
    Forum Member
    Under car neon? Woohoo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say I'm disapointed, but with caveats.

It was an amazing game in the first place, so you can't really lose, but the "next gen" feels like a port, with a bit more grass, a few more trees, a lot more (crap) songs and cats.

Add in online simply hasn't worked all day, well is Rockstar trying to take a leaf out of EA's business model?
    Forum Member
    Damn it, now that I've completed the updates of my two Online criminals - I want to do some additional tinkering to my girly alt character.

Shame she's rank 12 or i'd delete her and start over (plus she has an expensive apartment, an adder, a boat and a plane thanks to the person who gifted me 900 million back in the broken days).
    Forum Member
    but the "next gen" feels like a port, with a bit more grass, a few more trees, a lot more (crap) songs and cats.

Add in online simply hasn't worked all day, well is Rockstar trying to take a leaf out of EA's business model?

Wow, this game has had more work put into than other "Next Gen" ports, and yet people are still angry and complaining? Surely you wasn't expecting a completely new GTA title on this generation of console already?
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a few question for anyone playing the online.

Does online have animals now?
    Do online cars still drive slower than single player cars?
    Are DLC cars now driving on the streets?
    Are there more check points available to place in the Race creator?
    I know props have been doubled, does that include dynamic props? (Total of 120 props?)
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PS4 servers at the moment are awful. Joining free roam sessions where I end up on my own a good deal of the time. Change sessions and maybe end up with less than 10 people, this turns into a constant stream of people leaving and joining. The eventual result is me in a game on my own.

Second day problems fair enough, but this is R* second go around with this game. They have had time to iron out these problems over the last year.

EDIT. Plus several 'Error connecting to GTA Online' messages. Instantly kicking me back to single player. This is the same rubbish we were dealing with last generation. A year ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ps4 are the loading times quicker
    like going from misson to misson.

it was so slow on the ps3