Alien: Isolation

Comments

• JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    No one should preorder this or any other game. Its not out until 7th October wait until unbiased reviewers on Youtube have played it and then only get it then.

Remember this is from the developers of the Total War franchise who have a history of shovling crappy day 1 games that take months to become playable who are now working on a survival horror game.

Plus this is the same publisher who brought you Aliens Colonial Marines.

Wait until all the reviews are in
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one should preorder this or any other game. Its not out until 7th October wait until unbiased reviewers on Youtube have played it and then only get it then.

Remember this is from the developers of the Total War franchise who have a history of shovling crappy day 1 games that take months to become playable who are now working on a survival horror game.

Plus this is the same publisher who brought you Aliens Colonial Marines.

Wait until all the reviews are in

It's not always about reviews is it, I mean COD always gets good scores and that's garbage

It's worth it just for the music and the auto destruct sequence
  • JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    It's not always about reviews is it, I mean COD always gets good scores and that's garbage

I am not talking about the paid reviews by the 'Professional' Gaming magazines/web sites, I am talking about those youtube reviewers who provide honest reviews. There are a few out there.

I never preorder or buy as a result of paid reviews and have never been conned - (well I have been on the Total war games !)
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same here!!! 👍 .... I don't bother with reviews, only my own when I buy it & check it out myself! 😉

(Everyone's opinions are different so reviews are kinda pointless) 😉
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    I think this is a different case you can tell by looking at it attention and care has gone into the game with details and nods to the first movie everywhere

Developers have been open about the project leting lots of people play it most of them having good feedback

Reviews lift tomorrow usually a good sign letting reciews out before release day

Im not saying its gonna be a perfect game but i reckon reviews will average it somewhere around 7-8mark which is very good but for some reason these days gamers have this idea that if it does not get a 10/10 9/10 its not worth full price
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    I think this is a different case you can tell by looking at it attention and care has gone into the game with details and nods to the first movie everywhere

Developers have been open about the project leting lots of people play it most of them having good feedback

Reviews lift tomorrow usually a good sign letting reciews out before release day

Im not saying its gonna be a perfect game but i reckon reviews will average it somewhere around 7-8mark which is very good but for some reason these days gamers have this idea that if it does not get a 10/10 9/10 its not worth full price

I was 11 when Alien released in theatres.....

The average age of your typical COD player..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I've never understood is why MS have never done anything about people changing the location to get games cheaper. Not that I'd be complaining if I owned an xbox one getting games at those prices. Seems weird though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    It was one of their main selling points when they announced the Xbone. That it and all the games on it would be region free.
    Kinda fell to the side with the initial backlash and most people seem to have forgotten about it now.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Indeed.

I would be worried if reviews were embargoed until the release date, but they're actually going to start coming out from 2pm on Friday:

https://twitter.com/DMC_Ryan/status/517388732325187584
    For those who are curious, I'm reviewing Alien: Isolation for @IGN, and the review will post on Friday at 6am PT/9am ET/Google your timezone
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    What I've never understood is why MS have never done anything about people changing the location to get games cheaper. Not that I'd be complaining if I owned an xbox one getting games at those prices. Seems weird though.

They've explicitly said it's allowed :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Same here!!! 👍 .... I don't bother with reviews, only my own when I buy it & check it out myself! 😉

(Everyone's opinions are different so reviews are kinda pointless) 😉

not really true, if the majority of reviews say something is rubbish then it's generally rubbish. Blindly buying a game for £50 is just madness.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dbob wrote: »
    not really true, if the majority of reviews say something is rubbish then it's generally rubbish. Blindly buying a game for £50 is just madness.

If I took notice of reviews I wouldn't have played the likes of residentevil 6 etc ... Allot of the professional reviews are imo rigged & USER reviews (most of the time) are merely sheep jumping on the internet bandwagon! :)

Besides you'd have to be insane paying £50 for a game now anyway especially with the cheap digital titles on the Indian X1 store! :cool:
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dbob wrote: »

But you don't just blindly buy a game. You see screenshots, gameplay videos and write ups about it well in advance and decide if it's one to keep an eye on or not.

Just to add. I blindly bought Fallout 3 for full price having never played any of the previous games and that's my one of my favourite games of all time.
  • WoodbineWoodbine Posts: 14,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I don't really read reviews, I just watch videos of gameplays and if it doesn't bore me then I'll probably get it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IGN: "Alien: Isolation just isn't a good game"

5.9/10

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/10/03/alien-isolation-review

interestingly, IGN Italia gave it 8/10 and IGN is the only site to give it bad reviews so far.
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    6/10 from Gamespot.

Cancelled my preorder a while ago. Going to be out of the country for a couple of weeks just as the game launches, so figured there may be a slight price drop on it when I get back.

Kind of glad I did now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    IGN: "Alien: Isolation just isn't a good game"

5.9/10

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/10/03/alien-isolation-review

interestingly, IGN Italia gave it 8/10 and IGN is the only site to give it bad reviews so far.

4 stars from Dspy, 5 stars from The Guardian...

metacritic rating it high in the 80s as well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6/10 from Gamespot.

Cancelled my preorder a while ago. Going to be out of the country for a couple of weeks just as the game launches, so figured there may be a slight price drop on it when I get back.

Kind of glad I did now.

you see i love the original film...i grew up with it, im an old fart though...

im still getting it....some of these reviewers are probably 12 years of age...:confused:
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    ahh good ol ign its scary how much of a hold it has on the gaming comunnity

its a very marmite game with some issues but for fans of alien this is definatly the game for them so im gonna pick it up
    the big plus here is none of them mention any game breaking elements like clonial marines

the main issue is

overly long and the ign negative of unpredictable alien AI is abit stupid
    since they would mark it down if the alien AI was predictable lol you cant win

Gamepro.de - 73/100
    GamesTM - 9/10
    Gametrailers - 7.4/10
    GameZone - 7
    Joystiq - 4/5
    Metro - 7/10
    Game Informer - 7.75
    Kotaku - Yes
    The Escapist - 4.5/5 [13 Minute Video Preview by Jim Sterling]
    CVG - 8/10
    IGN - 5.9
    Polgyon - 6.5/10
    PC Gamer - 93/100
    Videogamer - 9/10
    Gamespot - 6/10
    Eurogamer - 8/10
    Destructoid - 8.5/10
    TheSixthAxis - 9/10
    The Guardian - 5/5
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nowgamer scored it a 9 http://www.nowgamer.com/alien-isolation-review/ and outside xbox seem to like it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cUUv6tB1Fk

But again I didn't bother to read any reviews, and I won't. I've liked what I have seen and will form my own opinion when I get it.
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you see i love the original film...i grew up with it, im an old fart though...

im still getting it....some of these reviewers are probably 12 years of age...:confused:

Oh, I'm a huge fan, been lucky enough to see Alien in cinema twice.

I will pick it up down the line for a tad cheaper.

Just happy to see it getting better reviews than 'Colonial Marines'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

overly long and the ign negative of unpredictable alien AI is abit stupid
    since they would mark it down if the alien AI was predictable lol you cant win
    lol if the game was too short then they would have moaned about that. For me a long game isn't a bad thing, if anything you get more for your money.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't CA been plugging the fact that the AI is unpredictable all along? Why is it a shock to reviewers?
    And a long game? WTF? In an age when short games get slated. FFS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't CA been plugging the fact that the AI is unpredictable all along? Why is it a shock to reviewers?
    And a long game? WTF? In an age when short games get slated. FFS.

but there are long games that and then games which just go on and on with no purpose just for the sake of creating the game longer. It seems the issue IGN has is that Isolation does the latter.