Silent Hills announced - Hideo Kojima & Del Toro to direct

2»

Comments

• Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think there would be much point in creating a digital version of Norman Reedus if it was going to be a series.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen people complain about Norman Reedus' likeness in the game, but they forget how easy the Fox engine makes facial capture, actors appearing in video games is becoming more common place now, because it cuts out the painstaking facial animations.
    http://i.minus.com/ibshYKPISxZd7N.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    other tha ln revisiting the horrors I have seen as a nurse. No horror game comes close.

That'll be the pd's then? :D

In all seriousness didn't think mental health nursing was that bad.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be missing something. Got to the point I had to cheat, but it's still not working. Help?!?

So, I'm toward the end. Heard the baby laugh 3 times already, saw the ghost twice, but the phone won't ring to end the demo? I've went around and around in circles for around 20 minutes now, but the sound is just looping itself. I've looked up guides because it's getting frustrating, and I'm not missing anything :-/!
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    I must be missing something. Got to the point I had to cheat, but it's still not working. Help?!?

So, I'm toward the end. Heard the baby laugh 3 times already, saw the ghost twice, but the phone won't ring to end the demo? I've went around and around in circles for around 20 minutes now, but the sound is just looping itself. I've looked up guides because it's getting frustrating, and I'm not missing anything :-/!
    It seems totally random as to if you can actually end the 'demo' or not.

Different people seem to get the ending by doing different things, I've seen people say that they followed the play through videos of people who completed it & played identically yet never got the ending.

I've spent like 3 hours since yesterday going round in circles trying to get it, Just not happening for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That explains it, I guess. Spent over an hour there. Watched 3 different guides on how to do it, and none of them worked at all. I guess it's not a huge deal since it only takes you to the cut scene revealing the game name.

It does look stunning, though. Beautiful, even. I don't think it was scary (and I'm a huge wimp!). I believe it was IGN who called it the scariest game created. I jumped a few times, but wasn't scared, as I was say playing through Outcast or even ZombiU. It was very atmospheric, though.

Really looking forward to it. I want more!
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    I don't think it was scary (and I'm a huge wimp!). I believe it was IGN who called it the scariest game created. I jumped a few times, but wasn't scared, as I was say playing through Outcast or even ZombiU.

Did you notice all the ghosts looking at you through the game? It does a very good job of hiding them outside of the obvious ones you're meant to see, there's like two others (the other members of the family) who will just appear around places, just looking at you, but rendered so dark you can't actually see them, it was only found out when someone took a picture of an area that felt spooky and whacked the brightness up did they see the boy.

Plus the story itself was pretty messed up:
    a fired worker who becomes an alcoholic, his wife having to get a job, she gets pregnant by her new boss, the husband starts to fall into insanity, forces her to have an abortion in their bathroom (fetus in the sink), before not being satisfied and becoming paranoid, eventually leading him to kill her and the kids.

All that from this short teaser, hope the final game is packed full of this stuff.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is something of a hidden ghost in the demo, you can't really see it with the brightness as the game suggests
    https://38.media.tumblr.com/9d55456362bd6c91d3abaf74a09ab7ba/tumblr_na9v3v2VCq1ql5lpdo2_500.png
    Warning: Have clean pants on the ready.

Konami's official PT website
    http://www.konami.jp/pt/en/index.php5
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    Did you notice all the ghosts looking at you through the game? It does a very good job of hiding them outside of the obvious ones you're meant to see, there's like two others (the other members of the family) who will just appear around places, just looking at you, but rendered so dark you can't actually see them, it was only found out when someone took a picture of an area that felt spooky and whacked the brightness up did they see the boy.

Plus the story itself was pretty messed up:
    a fired worker who becomes an alcoholic, his wife having to get a job, she gets pregnant by her new boss, the husband starts to fall into insanity, forces her to have an abortion in their bathroom (fetus in the sink), before not being satisfied and becoming paranoid, eventually leading him to kill her and the kids.

All that from this short teaser, hope the final game is packed full of this stuff.

I noticed a couple of ghosts (in the window near the telephone, one appears there sometimes when repeating the room - it's also one of the spawn places of the ghost during the end puzzle). Like I said, very atmospheric, but wouldn't say overly scary. But I like that. I like where the game was headed, and as you say, the story was pretty deep for such a short demo. I really, really like it. I hope we aren't waiting yearrsssss for it.
  • Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Silent Hill was the first game that unnerved me. Every little sound had me darting about like a loon and then I was scared that the flashlight would attract the "things".

And then when that siren went off...

Can't wait for this game now. :)
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Not really. I'd argue that TombRaider is a much bigger franchise than SH, and i doubt many casual gamers will know who either Kojomi or Toro are.Unless you are talking about personal opinion of course.

I doubt either is full exclusive anyway,so i don't think it matters.

Pretty cool way to announce a game though, albeit confusing.

Sorry, yes. Totally my personal opinion.

Just played through it (didn't get the trailer ending though). Pretty good jump scares, I think I may have missed some bits here and there. Reminded me of SH: The Room a bit. 8/10 for creepy 9/10 for jump scares!
  • Duncan_StylesDuncan_Styles Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    If Norman Reedus inclusion in the game is supposed to be a surprise in the end trailer why is his image included on the Konami PT website?
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    If Norman Reedus inclusion in the game is supposed to be a surprise in the end trailer why is his image included on the Konami PT website?

That part of the website went up a day later, when it was already found out.
  • Duncan_StylesDuncan_Styles Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    That part of the website went up a day later, when it was already found out.

Ahh, fair enough.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Silent Hills is currently £65 on Amazon.

I know it's just a placeholder but fcuk, that's expensive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Silent Hills is currently £65 on Amazon.

I know it's just a placeholder but fcuk, that's expensive.

Not for XBO :(! Although not officially confirmed, Kojima has publicly commented on the difficulties of developing the game due to the limitations of the PS4 and Xbox One, so..