What is your earliest memory of gaming?

enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
for me

playing Championship Manager 2000/2001 on my old computer.

Comments

• Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playing on my Matel Intellivision about 1983/4. can't remember the name of the game even though Hotelier reminded me of it in another thread. Side-scroller game where you had to build a spaceship from different parts in an allotted time.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mario and Duck Hunt on the NES, probably around 1989.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Playing with my Grandstand hand held games machines.
  • miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This weird game on the Mac (I think) about the Amazon in primary school. Probably around 1995.
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Playing on my Matel Intellivision about 1983/4. can't remember the name of the game even though Hotelier reminded me of it in another thread. Side-scroller game where you had to build a spaceship from different parts in an allotted time.

I, too, had one of these! My fave thing about this was the card overlays you could slip over the keypads on the controllers! My favourite game was a boxing one, which I had - graphics SERIOUSLY blocky and basic (the boxer's were all one colour) and your 'moves' only consisted of 'left punch' or 'right punch'....!!!!!!
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I can remember playing one of these bad boys when i was really young. Probably 5 or 6.

PICTURE

My older brother had a few of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playing sonic 2 and getting slaughtered by the last boss of death egg zone, over and over and over again
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Pong, back in the mid 70's or so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Playing some football game on the Commodore 64 in the 1980s.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Playing Pong - seriously. Couldn't even hazard a guess as to what the platform was - think it was a standalone kind of thing rather than something that let you play a raft of games.

After that, the original Football Manager!
  • artyclartyartyclarty Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Fireman Sam on the c64
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horace Goes skiing on the ZX81 was my first game i played, but playing Barbarian,Cobra and Death Wish 3 on my speccy plus was what I think of as having a gaming experience.
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playing Astro Wars at my babysitters house.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enudzio wrote: »
    for me

playing Championship Manager 2000/2001 on my old computer.

Horace goes skiing on the speccy! 👍
  • NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,192
    Forum Member
    My earliest is a mish mash of several Atari 2600 games around 1993/94, don't remember which one i played first, so a combination of Pacman, Pitfall, Ghostbusters, Venture and Centipede.

I have a particular fond memory of playing Venture whilst my parents left for a night out and my aunt came to babysit me.
  • RS_mark84RS_mark84 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me Space invaders on the Commodore, And as mentioned above them little grandstand games. We used to called them bleepy games. My favourite was the Formula 1 game with obstacles on the track. The casing was red.
  • Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it's Kung Fu Master (Amstrad CPC version)..gonna guess around 89 maybe?
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The family getting an Amiga 1200 for Christmas
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Opening up my Master System II on Christmas morning. Sat and played Alex Kidd In Miracle World for hours.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably the Space Invaders cabinet at our local Social Club when I was about 5. A family friend also had an Atari 2600 at around the same time. The start of something wonderful.
  • RS_mark84RS_mark84 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Opening up my Master System II on Christmas morning. Sat and played Alex Kidd In Miracle World for hours.

My first console along with Alex Kidd in Miracle World, had to share with my older brother. We got it for Xmas from 'Santa' But one of my favourite game for the console was The Ninja.

The console now lives in my attic. I finally completed Alex Kidd on the PS3 thanks to the save system.
  • Gareth1984Gareth1984 Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Getting the console version of the commadore 64 which came with four games one of which was the worst football game I have ever played. I also have fond memories of playing the Batman and Robocop games for the console.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pong on the Atari 2600 in about 1985.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Playing Sonic 1 on Master System II (1991/92?)
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Bester wrote: »
    Playing Pong - seriously. Couldn't even hazard a guess as to what the platform was - think it was a standalone kind of thing rather than something that let you play a raft of games.
    !

I also remember playing Pong - on one of these game consoles: Binatone

He4rt wrote: »
    I can remember playing one of these bad boys when i was really young. Probably 5 or 6.

PICTURE

My older brother had a few of them.

...same here : Retro gaming
    MsLurker wrote: »
    Playing Astro Wars at my babysitters house.

I also had one of these : Astro Wars

A few others I also owned back in the day:

Merlin
    Sega Game Gear
    Auto Raceway
    Tomytronic
    Pac Man

Good times :)