Good Nail Varnish - Long Lasting

ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm not very into fashion, and I don't wear make up usually, but I do like nail varnish.

However, I find that it chips and flakes off very quickly, and needs touching up all the time, so that it's hardly worth putting it on. How long is nail varnish meant to last? I type a lot at work, and with that and putting my hands in and out of my handbag, I find it rarely lasts through a whole day.

Can anyone recommend a good quality nail varnish that lasts properly without chipping, and that can be bought somewhere on the high street, as I don't like buying online. (In recent months I've used Rimmel, Bourjois, Barry M, L'Oreal and all of them have chipped.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    I've found that China Glaze, and O-P-I last for ages! (I buy it from Sallys, if you have one near you)
    Also, I bought a nail varnish in Boots last week (Speed Dry - Berrylicious by No7) and it hasn't chipped yet! I'm impressed! :D
  • mozamoza Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can get it, try Seche Vite top coat. It'll protect whatever brand of polish you use, dries fast and give a great, lasting shine.

Just add an extra layer of topcoat to refresh the manicure, too.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I second OPI. I type a lot and it usually lasts a week without any chipping.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OPI, Nails Inc and Boots all last ages without chipping on me, and I can also recommend Seche Vite Top Coat, it's excellent.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard of Opi before but never seen it anywhere - where do you buy it? (Also, what is Sallys? that's another one I've never heard of...)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    OPI can be bought from QVC (www.qvcuk.com) I like Jessica, Nails Inc or OPI all good colours and long lasting:)
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh right, thanks. I want something I can buy in a shop though. I will look out for the other brands mentioned.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sally is an American company, but has stores in the UK.
    http://www.sallybeauty.com/
    You can find out if there's one near you on their website.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use OPI and it's brilliant. I only wear colour on my toes, and after a pedicure it lasts about 3 weeks!