2TB WiFi box losing network connection

nobby1963nobby1963 Posts: 301
Forum Member
Hi,
As the title - my 1 week old 2 TB WiFi box keeps losing its connection to my home network.

Anyone else had the same.

Spoke to installer and did software download again but this morning lost it again.

It's a problem as when using remote record the record signal keeps being sent to the bedroom box !

Nobby.

Comments

• Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,925
    Forum Member
    nobby1963 wrote: »
    Hi,
    As the title - my 1 week old 2 TB WiFi box keeps losing its connection to my home network.
    Anyone else had the same.
    Spoke to installer and did software download again but this morning lost it again.
    It's a problem as when using remote record the record signal keeps being sent to the bedroom box !
    Nobby.
    Is there actually a good wi-fi signal where the box is?
    If not, you may need to get one of the new repeaters to see if you can boost it.
    :)
  • sps1013sps1013 Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a common problem for some reason. Mine does it all the time.

Goes for about 3 or 4 days then either loses the connection or just refuses to download in demand then turns the wireless off. A planner rebuild is the only thing that works for me.

The wireless signal is nearly full on my box with no cross channel interference. Also my old wireless adapter box that I had with my 1Tb provided by sky works without fault.

Sky won't formally acknowledge a problem though.
  • nobby1963nobby1963 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Hi both,
    Thanks for your responses ...
    There is a strong wifi signal throughout the house and the box shows an almost full signal bar when it does connect.
    It's a new box - only installed last Sunday, when it loses signal - if I notice the White indicator on the box is not lit up, I go to the screen network connection where I am supposed to be able to press red to reset the connection but the red button shows no response at all - strange.
    It's clearly intermittent as after being off wifi for the whole of yesterday this morning it's back on again.
    Problem is I use the Sky + app on my iPhone & iPad a lot and when I do a remote record the signal is sent but because the main box , the new one is off line the recording goes to the only box found on the network and that is in the bedroom.
    That second 2TB box is fine on the network - but that is using a wifi adapter to connect.

Nobby.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes that's the same issue I get with network reset - it doesn't!

I also have the same seemingly "sorts itself out" situation if I leave it. I have spoke to sky and all they say is planner rebuild or software update. That doesn't cure it so to say I am naffed off is an understatement.

Another case of beta testing being pointless in some areas and /or commercial pressures releasing a product that isn't up to scratch.
  • BoozyuziBoozyuzi Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had wi fi drop outs for years even with a new router. Just changed to homeplugs and it's rock solid, Currys are selling a pair of 500Mbp's plugs for £25.
  • nobby1963nobby1963 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    The problem has to lie with the box ..... my home wifi network signal is very good and no other equipment has problems - as I said including our other Sky box and the previous Sky box in the same location as this one.
    Nobby.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is the box. I can use any wifi adapter with it and the connection stays. This morning it's disconnected and the network settings > reset doesn't do anything.