Amazon Prime

Adam14Adam14 Posts: 2,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I recently had a free trial of this service over Christmas. I thought it was amazing, things were delivered so quickly!

I was so impressed that I took out the £49 membership but i no longer feel that I am getting the same service as I was on the trial - sometimes things taking 2 days or longer. I'm beginning to wonder if they give you a service on the trial, that isn't quite what you really get. :)

Anybody else noticed this?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I've never once had them fail next day delivery and I have been a Prime subscriber for some time now. I did once have to moan a bit to them about preorders on Xbox games as they don't offer Prime on these, so they extended my membership by an extra month.
  • Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    Nope, I've had Prime for about 5 years now. As long as the item is Prime eligible and I order before about 5pm I always get it the next working day.

They're honest with some items and say they might take "an extra 1-2 days to process".

If you turn 1-click on, it always has a message saying "if you order within the next xx hours you're guaranteed to get it on xx". If they don't meet that consistently then you've got grounds to complain.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got Amazon Prime and I find the only time a delivery doesn't come next day is if it sent with Yodel who only have a 50/50 success rate.

On Thursday I ordered a £2.99 book at 4pm and got it the next morning through DPD inside their one hour delivery slot.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I find Amazon Prime a good service.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adam14 wrote: »
    I recently had a free trial of this service over Christmas. I thought it was amazing, things were delivered so quickly!

I was so impressed that I took out the £49 membership but i no longer feel that I am getting the same service as I was on the trial - sometimes things taking 2 days or longer. I'm beginning to wonder if they give you a service on the trial, that isn't quite what you really get. :)

Anybody else noticed this?

I thought about going Prime, but I prefer next day before 1pm service, as I like to know when as close to possible when the item is coming.

Had a delivery today via DPD and the GPS is great, knew they were coming within 5mins.

It may be expensive but it is less than a taxi down town and back.
  • Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam14 wrote: »

I don't think it's down to them making the trial seem better.

With Amazon Prime, the "One Day Delivery" service is guaranteed, so if they miss the delivery date, you can contact them and they will extend your subscription by one month.
  • izanamiizanami Posts: 2,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recently had a Prime trial and three out of five orders turned up at least a day later than expected, one was several days.

I cancelled it at the end of the trial.
  • HurlleyHurlley Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    During Christmas Royal Mail at least ramp up their service with lots of temporary warehouses and temporary workers so things actually happen quicker than normal, same with Amazon, lots of temporary work, service is flying.