Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 63)

Comments

• Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    Dates for the leaders debates have been announced:
    As the result of drawing of lots by the broadcasters (BBC, ITV, Sky and Channel 4) the order of the party leaders' televised General Election debates is:
    2 April: ITV - Debate between the party leaders of the Conservatives, Labour, Liberal Democrats, UKIP, the SNP, the Green Party and Plaid Cymru.
    16 April: BBC - Debate between the party leaders of the Conservatives, Labour, Liberal Democrats, UKIP, the SNP, the Green Party and Plaid Cymru.
    30 April: Sky and Channel 4 - Head-to-head debate between the Leader of the Conservative Party and the Leader of the Labour Party.

Source - http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2015/election-debates-order
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    centauri72 wrote: »
    I suspect that Mr Selfridge is now being made largely/entirely for the export market - rather like the Musketeers on BBC1.

Mr Selfridge is the sort of drama I usually enjoy but I gave up before end of first series. Unlikable lead character is what killed it for main audience. It's a shame that BBC messed up so badly with Paradise as it had the essence of what makes these shows work in series 1 but threw it away with bad storylining.
  • Options
    centauri72centauri72 Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Mr Selfridge is the sort of drama I usually enjoy but I gave up before end of first series. Unlikable lead character is what killed it for main audience. It's a shame that BBC messed up so badly with Paradise as it had the essence of what makes these shows work in series 1 but threw it away with bad storylining.

Horses for courses isn't it? In our family, we watched Selfridge precisely because we liked the central performance - and have gone off it because he has featured rather less in recent weeks. As for the Paradise, we found it deadly dull and gave up after two episodes.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Countryfile - 7.7m/34.3%
    Call The Midwife - 8.6m/33.2%
    The Casual Vacancy - 4.8m/20.5%

Get Your Act Together - 2.6m/11.3%
    All Star Family Fortunes - 2.75m/10.5%
    Mr Selfridge - 3.8m/16.2%

Fifteen Billion Pound Railway - 1.4m/6.4%
    Top Gear - 5.3m/20.3%
    Dragons Den - 2.8m/11.9%

Four Rooms - 1.0m/4.4%
    Auction House - 1.2m/4.7%
    Indian Summers - 2.2m/9.5%

Top Gun - 900,000/4.7%

I Survived A Zombie Apocalypse - 317,000/2%
  • Options
    centauri72centauri72 Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    Dates for the leaders debates have been announced:

Source - http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2015/election-debates-order

It's still uncertain though that these will happen.

All three main parties are now unhappy with the proposal:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/11428204/TV-debates-likely-to-be-called-off-because-of-cack-handed-broadcasters.html
  • Options
    ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another drama for beeb1, Doctor Foster, 5x60 min.

Suranne Jones (Scott & Bailey, The Crimson Field, Unforgiven) is confirmed to take the title role in exciting upcoming drama Doctor Foster, produced by Drama Republic for BBC One. Bertie Carvel (Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, Babylon) will play her husband Simon. Robert Pugh, Adam James and Jodie Comer will also star in the drama.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2015/doctor-foster-suranne-jones
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another good night for BBC1 and dire for ITV.
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get why people are still saying the bbc get default viewers? If a show is bad people won't watch it pure and simple as SITE showed. The Voice dropped because it was against stronger compition. Still nearly 7mil for both shows is nothing to be sniffed at. On the subject of today's ratings more of a drop then I was expecting for TCV.
  • Options
    JezRJezR Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The story of Selfridge has been supposedly planned over four series - as based on a real story it has a natural end when he progressively loses nearly everything. It would be a bit of a shame if they can't complete this; if it had been a roaring success it probably would have been stretched out even more. They missed out on all his early life.

The first series had moderately good ratings for PBS, but the second was less successful.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    559,000/3.9% for ITV2's Saturday Night Takeaway repeat yesterday. I think that's very impressive considering it aired at 3.05pm.

The Voice's BBC3 repeat didn't make the top 10 so was below 542,000 despite having a primetime 7.30pm slot.
  • Options
    ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ChrisE wrote: »

Suranne Jones (Scott & Bailey, The Crimson Field, Unforgiven) is confirmed to take the title role in exciting upcoming drama Doctor Foster, produced by Drama Republic for BBC One. Bertie Carvel (Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, Babylon) will play her husband Simon. Robert Pugh, Adam James and Jodie Comer will also star in the drama.

Written by Mike Bartlett, whose only previous mainstream TV drama was ITV's appallingly rated The Town.

So Jones could have quite a lot to rescue with her performance …

Alternatively, Bartlett could be supported by Drama Republic in a way he obviously wasn't by Big Talk …
  • Options
    burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any figures for The Big Painting Challenge?
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member

This was announced some time ago but good that they have a big star who will put some bums on seats.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    This was announced some time ago but good that they have a big star who will put some bums on seats.

Was it on your list Yorkie.:D
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,001
    Forum Member
    I think with TCV it's more a case of it doing considerably better than expectations last week than doing particularly badly last night. c5m plus timeshift to come isn't shabby. Itv would die to get those numbers

Could half term last week have had an impact on the ratings, having been being wrot by J K Rowlings?
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,001
    Forum Member

As long as its not toilet seats....
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Was it on your list Yorkie.:D

Everything was on my list !! :D

I just checked and it was btw.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burbe wrote: »

3.950m

From ITV Media
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything was on my list !! :D

I just checked and it was btw.

A fine list it was too, wish I'd saved it.

Could it make a comeback?:)
  • Options
    gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    EastEnders prediction tonight. 9.2m
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    BARB have updated w/e 15 February.

Couple of notable officials (timeshift in brackets):
    Call the Midwife (Sun 2001) - 10.73m (+1.78m)
    The Voice UK (Sat 1916) - 10.10m (+1.34m)
    Death in Paradise (Thu 2100) - 8.38m (+1.72m)
    Broadchurch (Mon 2100) - 8.36m/8.84m (+2.50m/+2.66m)
    The Casual Vacancy (Sun 2101) - 8.26m (+1.65m)
    The Great Comic Relief Bake Off (Wed 2001) - 7.75m (+1.34m)
    Indian Summers (Sun 2100) - 4.82m/5.30m (+2.25m/+2.32m) :o

A GINORMOUS timeshift of 2.3m for Indian Summers! Amazing.

10.10m marks the highest official rating for The Voice since 28 April 2012. Great timeshift for GBBO too. Can't wait to see the officials for EastEnders next week.
  • Options
    AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some big drops for the new Sunday dramas although neither has fallen to terrible levels yet and for Indian Summers that's still some way off. On this note quite why BBC1, ITV and Channel 4 are airing major and relatively expensive dramas opposite each other at 9PM on Sunday night I'm not sure.
    Score wrote: »
    Countryfile - 7.7m/34.3%
    Call The Midwife - 8.6m/33.2%
    The Casual Vacancy - 4.8m/20.5%
    This 9PM slot continues to look like a bit of a wasted opportunity for BBC1. Obviously finding something to fill it isn't easy but going from two shows with shares above 30% to one only just above 20% is a noticeable drop.
  • Options
    Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »

Hmm, dunno what to make of that for The Million Pound Drop, it could have been worse I suppose (like Cucumber). They can hardly say what it lost out in ratings it made up for in social media engagement given Twitter was probably a bit overwhelmed with something else on telly at 8pm on Friday.
    burbe wrote: »
    derek500 wrote: »
    3.950m

From ITV Media

Think that's quite good, 6pm is an alright slot but it had to get off to a bit of a standing start. Might have been better, as mentioned, if it had been swapped with Countryfile, at least for the first show, to give it a bit of a leg-up.
    AlexiR wrote: »
    This 9PM slot continues to look like a bit of a wasted opportunity for BBC1. Obviously finding something to fill it isn't easy but going from two shows with shares above 30% to one only just above 20% is a noticeable drop.

Yeah, but it's a hugely expensive major drama from probably Britain's most famous writer. It's hard to imagine anything else higher profile that could have gone there. It certainly isn't for the want of trying. You could argue it might have been a better drama but surely it's as near enough a sure thing as it's possible to get.
    Servalan wrote: »
    IS may have lost viewers but C4 can at least take comfort from the fact that it isn't bringing in Cucumber-type figures … ;-)

Of all the acronyms on this thread, this one might be the most unfortunate.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I'm liking The Casual Vacancy but I can see why it dropped so much, there doesn't seem to be anything driving it forward, you'd think the election would but that didn't seem to go anywhere in last night's episode. I think the characters are well portrayed but the story is lacking. Great consolidated rating for the opening episode though, and a much better timeshift from Call the Midwife. Hopefully Poldark can start as strong, but hold on to its audience.

Stunning timeshift for Indian Summers, it'll be interesting to see how many are still around at the end of its run.

Yes, I thought it sounded quite interesting before but now that it's got a strong lead I can see it doing well. Probably get the Tuesday slot in Autumn if it's ready, along with Happy Valley.
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Million Pound Drop when it first came out, but it's no good at 8pm, not being live and hate all these themed special shows. Just do a damn episode with normal people.
This discussion has been closed.