Options

10 years ago

BillyCasperBillyCasper Posts: 1,421
Forum Member
✭✭✭
10 years ago was 2002, obvious eh?

So how come when I read something or hear something that says 10 years ago I automatically think mid to late 90's?

Comments

• Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're crap at maths?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But I've just proved I know the real date :p
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But I've just proved I know the real date :p
    Hmm. Ok, were you in an alcohol-fuelled trance for most of the 'Noughties'? I was at uni during this time so that's the excuse I'm going for :D
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds like my sort of excuse. I will borrow that.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Problem solved then.:D
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So how come when I read something or hear something that says 10 years ago I automatically think mid to late 90's?
    You're getting old. I often feel the same way. Everything in the 00's seems to be 'new' and 'current' somehow. Anything 'old' is last century :-/
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Andrue wrote: »
    You're getting old. I often feel the same way. Everything in the 00's seems to be 'new' and 'current' somehow. Anything 'old' is last century :-/

Agreed. When I hear of someone who was born in the 90's having children, I'm quite shocked, until I remember that my own twenty two year old daughter was born in 1990.
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I think of someone born in 1990, they're still a kid to me, and I freak out when I realise they're in their 20' now.
  • Options
    thapthapthapthap Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its because the noughties and indeed now have been a nothing decade, we had the war then rocknroll 50s the glorious 60's the burmo 70's the yuppie and general **** 80's then the acid house 90s.
    since then sod all has happened apart from us all getting a bit more skint.
    apart from advances in science and tech bugger all else has happened its been the most boring 12 years of my life so far since 2000 - Yawn!
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're not alone! :o :cool: