The best band you've never seen.

Comments

• Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason Sawford: The keyboard player. Must catch up with him one day.

Wow, a real long time, and original member too. :)

He is brilliant, as are the rest of them. You really should see them, they are truly superb.
  • Miss ListerMiss Lister Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Would have loved to have seen..

Rory Gallagher
    Roy Buchanan
    Duane Allman with the Allman Brothers Band
    Stevie Ray Vaughan
  • BlackmantaBlackmanta Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    I've seen the Australian Pink Floyd loads of times and I can't wait for their next tour here.

I want to see Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers.
  • scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joy Division.

I was in the right area at the right time but just not aware of what was around.
  • 0lly0lly Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    The Doors.
  • Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,043
    Forum Member
    Would still like to see Muse & Foo Fighters

Would have loved to have seen Pulp and Radiohead (1st 3 albums only though)

Too young for The Beatles, The Kinks & Queen (when they were good)

Did manage to see Nirvana, Guns & Roses, Oasis, Blur, REM, Green Day though (as well as loads of smaller bands)
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joy Division.

I was in the right area at the right time but just not aware of what was around.

I saw them a few times and they were great. Feel a bit uncomfortable about enjoying Ian Curtis's on-stage behaviour with the hindsight that he was both ill and emotionally frail.

Probably most wish I'd seen Dylan and the Band at their peak. Or any of Miles Davis's bands from the fifties or sixties.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Are Reef not still going?

I saw Reef a few years ago at the Shepherds Bush Empire.

Dominic the drummer is a 'stand in' drummer for another reformed band at the moment.

Hopefully, Reef will never die as they are amazing.
    Forum Member
    stevie ray vaughan and sublime. amongst others.

I saw Stevie at Hammersmith. Amazing.
    A few years later, he came to play there again. I had a ticket but he died just a couple of weeks before the gig. Very sad.
    Forum Member
    I've seen bands like Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Black Sabbath at points when they weren't their 'classic' line up (which again is always open to argument), but they've always been great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    This is very true. Morrissey's just a grade-A penis these days; it's a shame, really.

I saw The Smiths over 20 times. They never disappointed.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    60's and 70,s - The Stones, Pink Floyd, The Commodores, Earth, Wind and Fire, Roxy Music, The Kinks, The Beatles, Iron Butterfly performing In-a-Gadda-da Vida.

The best I have seen - Bowie, Jethro Tull, Slade, Peter Gabriel.
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    irishguy wrote: »
    Yeah - this article demonstrates just what a total arse he has degenerated into.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/morrisseys-15-most-outrageous-quotes-20130306

To be fair he was always a bit of a knob even back in the day !
  • User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The original Thin Lizzy
  • RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABBA :o:o:o

Also, Queen and I wouldn't mind seeing Muse either. ;)
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    The Goombay Dance Band
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Beatles
    Guns n Roses at their peak
    James Brown at his peak
    Freddie Mercury/Queen
    Vegas Elvis (the early Vegas years though)
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watcher #1 wrote: »
    Would have loved to have seen Pulp and Radiohead (1st 3 albums only though)

I was lucky enough to see Radiohead and Pulp fairly early on - first time I saw Radiohead was when "Creep" was out and they only had one album's worth of material. I wasn't impressed :)
    They got a lot better, obviously. Reached a peak, I'd say, around OK Computer and the brilliant 1997 Glastonbury Festival appearance.

I saw Pulp several times before they got famous in the time just prior to the His and Hers album when they were still touring stuff from Separations and the Babies and Razzmatazz singles. They were brilliant. In smaller venues Jarvis was very comfortable drifting off into little stories and observations for the audience in between songs.

EDIT: Bands I would have liked to have seen: Joy Division, The Smiths, Pink Floyd when Rog was still in the band.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm listening to Funkadelic right now and thinking how awesome this shit must have been live back when George was young.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have three.

Queens of the Stone Age
    Faith No More
    Tool
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    U2. Definitely U2.
  • karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always wanted to see The Pixies but I've heard they're not very good live.
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to dd Blondie to my list but I'm finally seeing them in July.
    Bob Dylan too but when he was younger. People either say he's really really great live or really really shit now. Saying that, I think I'd still go if he did some more shows here.

PJ Harvey she's one of my favourite artists ever and I still haven't saw her live. :(

I saw Hole a few years back but it was the new line up and I was only there because it's Courtney Love. I would like to of seen the Celebrity Skin line up.
    Forum Member
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    I was lucky enough to see Radiohead and Pulp fairly early on - first time I saw Radiohead was when "Creep" was out and they only had one album's worth of material. I wasn't impressed :)
    They got a lot better, obviously. Reached a peak, I'd say, around OK Computer and the brilliant 1997 Glastonbury Festival appearance.

I saw Pulp several times before they got famous in the time just prior to the His and Hers album when they were still touring stuff from Separations and the Babies and Razzmatazz singles. They were brilliant. In smaller venues Jarvis was very comfortable drifting off into little stories and observations for the audience in between songs.

I am now officially jealous
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    I have three.

Queens of the Stone Age
    Faith No More
    Tool

Saw FNM a couple of times - once at the Barrowlands (they came on doing star jumps) and once supporting GnR at Gateshead. They were amazing both times