Hollyoaks E4 Daily 28/01/14 - Goodbye Jim

Owen19Owen19 Posts: 13,198
Forum Member
✭✭
Hey Oaksters:)

Today's spoilers:
Carmel tries to flee from the village

Airs Wednesday, Jan 29 2014 at 18:30 GMT on Channel 4

Carmel considers a fresh start away from Hollyoaks, but Sonny is threatening to call the police if she takes Kathleen-Angel with her. John Paul promises to help Carmel escape and drops her suitcase out of the bedroom window, before assuring her that he'll bring Kathleen-Angel to her.

Meanwhile, Trevor has persuaded Sam to take him to a safe house and is willing to give her information if he is given his freedom.

Elsewhere, Fraser is determined to bring a close source down, with devastating consequences.

Also today, Sinead is desperate to uncover Lindsey's secret, but will she succeed?

Writer: Kevin Rundle
Director: Penelope Shales

Enjoy!

Will you miss Jim McGinn? 91 votes

Yes - he was great!
80%
[Deleted User]GilashcjdoyleEvilsamfenpeperKittyKins_elly001ameredithThaGazBoiSez_baberockchick22StarryNight[Deleted User]PatheticFallacycasperfan2002@y4troy7kathyd[Deleted User]adenbelle09shortiefluff 73 votes
No - dreadful character
5%
lulu25Hound of LoveGoosebeedigichantWill_Bennetts 5 votes
Maybe - He was an ok character but not the best
14%
lulu gJillstarmojo5000garyessexdequeenSuperAPJSorcha_27Rooney14[Deleted User][Deleted User]Sonicmfcjaijay[Deleted User] 13 votes

Comments

• Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes - he was great!
    I will miss Jim :(
  • SamL94SamL94 Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Yes - he was great!
    Really didn't like Jim been part of all this gangster stuff. Much prefered him when he was with Carmel.
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening Ownnnn ;-)

Hello there Oaksters :D
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - he was great!
    Jim :(

Thanks Ownnnn :)
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - he was great!
    I will miss Jim! :(
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,074
    Forum Member
    Yes - he was great!
    We All know why Jims going to Make Room For Sonny Valentine ... im really getting sick of Hollyoaks the past week or so its like im watching 3 different shows the Gangster show then theres the John Paul and finn then patrick Maxine Everything is so Disconnected
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Yes - he was great!
    :( Jim. Everyone's leaving this show. I'll miss my favourite goofball of a lawyer.
  • sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - he was great!
    We All know why Jims going to Make Room For Sonny Valentine ... im really getting sick of Hollyoaks the past week or so its like im watching 3 different shows the Gangster show then theres the John Paul and finn then patrick Maxine Everything is so Disconnected

Good point. I think they should have done the John Paul, Finn storyline in a special series. With all the press that this storyline was supposed to shed light on an important issue, the decision to break it up in chucks was really poor. You want of course to have sympathy for JP but its hard when you keep losing the thread of the story. It really lessens the impact.
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,074
    Forum Member
    Yes - he was great!
    sderr123 wrote: »
    Good point. I think they should have done the John Paul, Finn storyline in a special series. With all the press that this storyline was supposed to shed light on an important issue, the decision to break it up in chucks was really poor. You want of course to have sympathy for JP but its hard when you keep losing the thread of the story. It really lessens the impact.

ye a special week would of been great dealing with the fall out and on the last episode finn would be caught

i Know its a long running story but i would rather one amazing week that blows us away then have 3 weeks gap every episode
  • sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - he was great!
    ye a special week would of been great dealing with the fall out and on the last episode finn would be caught

i Know its a long running story but i would rather one amazing week that blows us away then have 3 weeks gap every episode

I would rather have a shorter better story too. Maybe they are afraid that a realistic rape story would be too hard to watch if they did it in a big chunk. But I thought that was the point of the storyline in the first place to have an impact and change attitudes.
  • LONERIDER37LONERIDER37 Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - he was great!
    Why's Jim leaving :(
    Forum Member
    Yes - he was great!
    Why's Jim leaving :(

Probably because the actor wanted to.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Why on earth did that stupid Lomax idiot grass her own mother to Frasier?>:(
  • lolla_7lolla_7 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Joe was back in the credits!
  • rockchick22rockchick22 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Yes - he was great!
    lolla_7 wrote: »

Yeah I noticed that aswell...??
  • WafcSeanWafcSean Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Yes - he was great!
    Sonny Valentine is garbage. Rubbish character, rubbish casting. Duller than a dustbin.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    lolla_7 wrote: »

It was either a mistake or like I suspected a cheap (and obvious) stunt by removing him in the first place lol
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - he was great!
    P*ss of Sonny :mad:
  • LONERIDER37LONERIDER37 Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - he was great!
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Probably because the actor wanted to.
    Is that official though or has he been axed, thats the question I was asking, his choice or HO?
    Why on earth did that stupid Lomax idiot grass her own mother to Frasier?>:(

Indeed, then again her detective mother leaving the files lying around ^_^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes - he was great!
    Mercedes can be so funny :D
  • SoapAddict101SoapAddict101 Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Nana's comment :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes - he was great!
    It's very interesting that they have JP in other stories though. It's quite refreshing and actually realistic that it's not all about what has happened to him - he is trying to focus on the rest of his life and he's being shown to be like that.
    Forum Member
    Yes - he was great!
    Is that official though or has he been axed, thats the question I was asking, his choice or HO?

Sorry, I was just guessing. Dan Tetsell has a strong resume on stage and other television projects outside of Hollyoaks as an actor and writer so I would hope he wouldn't be axed. But you never know with BK.
  • gwendagwenda Posts: 3,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sonny is quite easy on the eye.
    Forum Member
    Yes - he was great!
    gwenda wrote: »
    Sonny is quite easy on the eye.

That he is. Shame that he has to ruin it by opening his mouth.