Sofie "The Killing" Gråbøl
Christopher Eccleston
Michael Gambon
Stanley Tucci
Jessica Raine (Call The Midwife)

Comments

• Chas1989Chas1989 Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to this. Been hyped by Sky Atlantic a lot so hope it delivers.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a Fortitude tab on Sky's On Demand service with a few behind the scenes promos.

Press night tonight followed by a Q&A session.
  • HeWhoIsHereHeWhoIsHere Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Sky cancels their original dramas constantly so I wouldn't get attached to this either.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tucci is playing a British cop so it will fun to see what sort of attempt he makes at the accent
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    Chas1989 wrote: »
    Looking forward to this. Been hyped by Sky Atlantic a lot so hope it delivers.
    It's hyped all right!! Sky must have spent half their drama budget on it judging by all the promos. Currently watching a half hour preview on it. Watched a five minute one last week.

Have to say it all seems a bit talky and mysterious, a bit like Broadchurch.

Edit: Surprised there so little chat about it here considering that Sky is lining this up as Event TV. DS is covering it in its news section. Probably more chat on the Sky forums.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Tucci is playing a British cop so it will fun to see what sort of attempt he makes at the accent
    Looks like no attempt. He seems to be playing an American who's joined the Met or something like that.
  • henry_hopehenry_hope Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After Broadchurch 2 Im wary of anything that is hyped like this.
    It looks interesting and could be good, could be awful.
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's getting a lot of hype but I'll watch the first episode and see what it's like. The cast is certainly impressive.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to this! :)

I'm currently watching Forbrydelsen for the first time (after finishing the US "The Killing") and I'm loving it, so I'm pleased about Sofie Gråbøl being part of the cast. :)
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky cancels their original dramas constantly so I wouldn't get attached to this either.

Given that this has cost £25 million and been promoted to death I can't see them doing that
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given that this has cost £25 million and been promoted to death I can't see them doing that

I assume the poster means not getting a second series. But when you read the criticism of Broadchurch and The Fall's second seasons it appears more isn't always the best.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky always thinks they've got a massive hit on their hands, but in reality none of their shows bring in big numbers.

This however, may be the first Sky show I will watch in years.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Eccleston has said he's hoping for another series. It's Sky/HBO so I guess they're looking for US viewers as well as just Sky Atlantic.
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gutted cos I really want to see it but I don't have Sky and Virgin don't do Atlantic :(
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    Sky always thinks they've got a massive hit on their hands, but in reality none of their shows bring in big numbers.

The Tunnel got good ratings. (According to my friend who works for Atlantic)
  • PowerJCPowerJC Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been plugged to death but barely any of the adverts have mentioned when it's actually on. I only realised it was on this thursday when it was mentioned at the end of the simpsons.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    It's Sky/HBO so I guess they're looking for US viewers as well as just Sky Atlantic.

HBO has nothing to do with it. HBO rival Starz was originally set to be the American co-producer, but they pulled out of the project. An American channel called Pivot then joined as co-producer, which is the first time anybody in America learned that they have a channel called Pivot.
  • TadpoleTadpole Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tired of the adverts for this as I don't have Sky Atlantic and have no plans to get it. I have not seen The Tunnel yet either. Ads are popping up on ITV and E4 now.
  • HeWhoIsHereHeWhoIsHere Posts: 86
    Forum Member

Well obviously they air what has been produced. But, overall Sky has a poor reputation for commitment to their original series, especially dramas.

They spent a lot of money on Sinbad and The Smoke and cancelled them. The Tunnel performed better but still have not officially funded a 2nd series.
  • timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have overdosed on the trailers,and my only
    comment to my wife so far was ' Looks like
    someone watched the TV series of Fargo and
    decided to rip it off, then?'
  • petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »

Sky *know* that their audience is highly suggestible and responds well to advertising - that's how they got to be Sky customers in the first place ;-) . And it they didn't like ads, thy wouldn't be watching Sky :D.
    So it's only reasonable that if you promote a show to the limits of human patience ... and then the same amount again, that sky's customers will watch it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gutted cos I really want to see it but I don't have Sky and Virgin don't do Atlantic :(

Virgin do the real Atlantic :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Eccleston has said he's hoping for another series

Of course he is, he'll will be on a good wage packet with Sky.;-)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    MoreTears wrote: »
    HBO has nothing to do with it. HBO rival Starz was originally set to be the American co-producer, but they pulled out of the project. An American channel called Pivot then joined as co-producer, which is the first time anybody in America learned that they have a channel called Pivot.
    Well then you'd better tell Eccleston as he's saying it's a joint production in his interviews.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't believe the amount of trailers for this on TV and at the cinema. I hope it lives up to all the hype. It looks like a run of the mill serial killer drama in the trailers. Except that it's set in the Arctic.