Has Katie Price been a let down.

Comments

• ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amyawake wrote: »
    And....we have gone from arguments to dullsville! :p Boring!!!!
    Somewhere inbetween those 2 categories is what has been missing...FUN!!!! Many have said this here. This series has really been missing in them enjoying themselves - lack of shared good feeling.

A this point, I prefer dullsville to arguments though. At least in dullsville you get to see how people are.

When people are arguing, all we see are people at their worst and while that is entertaining to watch some of the time, I don't want it non stop like we have been getting.

You are right though, we do need an injection of fun in the house.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ryanr554 wrote: »
    I am very happy that Katie Price is in the house, I have no idea why everyone wants to see arguments all the time, it honestly just gets tiring to watch. I usually feel drained after watching BB.

I agree that watching arguments is nice now and again but when they are happening ALL the time, it just loses the desired effect.

So yes, I like the fact that Katie Price in there which has seemingly caused less arguments.

Bib - It brings in the ratings apparently, as Rylan said on SOTS earlier this series and these are his words well WTTE

"Nobody wants to see mundane conversations such as people talking about the weather"

Yet they are letting Price talk about everything under the sun which people have read about 100 times in the papers and magazines, and it's all pretty mundane stuff
  • Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    When you've spent your whole adult life being paid shed loads of money for information about your private life, it must be quite hard to believe that you're anything other than fascinating. But she's really pretty ordinary and not at all confrontational.

You have to take your hat off to her for managing to make an extremely good living from nothing more than a pair of comedy boobs and a great eye on the main chance.

But yes, she's no raconteur.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ryanr554 wrote: »
    So yes, I like the fact that Katie Price in there which has seemingly caused less arguments.

In 45 minutes of highlights we see what they want us to see. They are not obliged to show arguments.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    In 45 minutes of highlights we see what they want us to see. They are not obliged to show arguments.

This and I tire of pronouncements on what is going on in the house.

We have virtually no idea of the truth and losing daily full live feed has ruined this show.

They even waste time repeating clips from the night before to maintain there chosen edited story lines.

Any clips they include from the Channel 5 web site are mangled and rarely properly represent the originals.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres a survey on the C5 website about the HM's one of the Questions would actually convey they back to her asking the public who's been the biggest let down I hope people pick Katie price. sorry If the rumoured 500k is true what a complete waste of money

Recycled stories about Alex
    her Argentine lover with the huge Ding a ling who always gave her cystitis
    and how basically rubbing tan on people like theres a dirty protest taking place

I actually don't have anything again KP but her arrival saw this show go right off the tracks it was a very bad move
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    Theres a survey on the C5 website about the HM's one of the Questions would actually convey they back to her asking the public who's been the biggest let down I hope people pick Katie price. sorry If the rumoured 500k is true what a complete waste of money

and how basically rubbing tan on people like theres a dirty protest taking place

I actually don't have anything again KP but her arrival saw this show go right off the tracks it was a very bad move

I didn't expect anything else, she's always been a monotone shallow bore and is way past her sell by date anyhow. . I was sickened they chose to lower their standards even further.
  • Skip65Skip65 Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was £500,000 wasn't it. 5p would of been to much for me,and not just her.
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A definite bad move. Somebody should be shot for picking her.:o
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    A definite bad move. Somebody should be shot for picking her.:o

She was pencilled in for the summer CBB IIRC

Now they have rolled her out in this series, what big name will they get in for the summer

They have really backed themselves into a corner and wasted serious money, money that could have been better spent elsewhere on other things ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    She was pencilled in for the summer CBB IIRC

Now they have rolled her out in this series, what big name will they get in for the summer

They have really backed themselves into a corner and wasted serious money, money that could have been better spent elsewhere on other things ;)

As a celebrity, she would appear to have no mileage left, she isn't controversial any more and nobody seems to care what she or her many boyfriends have had up there.

I expect this will be her last big payday but I imagine she knew that.
  • j0annej0anne Posts: 2,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She appears to be quite pleasent
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just don't get why she wasn't put in from the beginning. She is astonishingly dull. Her botox kills what personality or human features she has. People make fun of Katie Hopkins' facial expressions but it's far preferable to Price and her total inability to convey anything human on her face.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't get why she wasn't put in from the beginning. She is astonishingly dull. Her botox kills what personality or human features she has. People make fun of Katie Hopkins' facial expressions but it's far preferable to Price and her total inability to convey anything human on her face.

complete mystery im sure she got 1 million for the 2nd IAC stint
    the papers exploded with various rumours she was going to do this and that and put Certain Camp mates in no doubt about issues. She sat there got Selected for trials and left. She's completely burned out her TV work all but dried up when she moved from ITV onto Sky.

100% nothing against her trying to make money but the producers were insane thinking this would be a good idea. Its when KP comes with a sensible price tag you know its worth a gamble
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skip65 wrote: »
    It was £500,000 wasn't it. 5p would of been to much for me,and not just her.

Yes sorry, I am as bad as alicia
  • daicolldaicoll Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    It's been a ..look at me.. I'm Katie Price. ME, ME, ME.....Get the silly bint out of there soon..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daicoll wrote: »
    It's been a ..look at me.. I'm Katie Price. ME, ME, ME.....Get the silly bint out of there soon..

tbh I think I would prefer that.
    at the moment she's making Kav look interesting :blush:
  • VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tbh I think I would prefer that.
    at the moment she's making Kav look interesting :blush:

Really? And what about Keith and Calum?

Not one of them has been the slightest bit interesting or entertaining.

She has 2 million fans and got half a million people watching just to see her. That alone is worth the money they pay her.

How many people are tuning in for those 3 dullards? 0
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her. She seems to be quite nice. I'd rather she won than someone like Hopkins.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daicoll wrote: »

Why is she on there? She's very wealthy and as far as public interest is concerned, is way past her sell by date, too old to maintain the type of younger audience she appealed to. Does she just need the attention?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vesna wrote: »
    Really? And what about Keith and Calum?

Not one of them has been the slightest bit interesting or entertaining.

She has 2 million fans and got half a million people watching just to see her. That alone is worth the money they pay her.

How many people are tuning in for those 3 dullards? 0

Really?:confused: What is it that they are fans of, Bisto?
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She would only be a let down if you have unrealistic expectations of what she was there to deliver.
  • VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    Really?:confused: What is it that they are fans of, Bisto?

So you couldn't think of anyone that would tune in just to see Calum, Keith or Kavana as well. I'm not surprised. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    She would only be a let down if you have unrealistic expectations of what she was there to deliver.

For half a million, I would expect her to be entertaining.

She is a let down.:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vesna wrote: »
    So you couldn't think of anyone that would tune in just to see Calum, Keith or Kavana as well. I'm not surprised. :D

It is all very dull but I have now invested 2 weeks into watching the shoite, so I am bloody well going to make the most of it.:kitty: