✭✭✭
    Can't stand the woman so laughed my arse off
  • knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Demba Ba is through on goal.
  • mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,316
    Forum Member
    I hated that song tonight. Preferred to have heard classics like 'Hung Up (I'm Hung Up On You)
  • knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mistygal wrote: »
    I hated that song tonight. Preferred to have heard classics like 'Hung Up (I'm Hung Up On You)

You might not have heard it, but you saw it.
  • Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should be careful, it's common for women of her age to break a hip when they have a fall. I hope that she wears one of those alarms around her neck when she's at home.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    She should be careful, it's common for women of her age to break a hip when they have a fall. I hope that she wears one of those alarms around her neck when she's at home.
    There was a horrible moment when it looked like she might not get up. But she did so good on her.
  • LaurawhittzLaurawhittz Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    There was a horrible moment when it looked like she might not get up. But she did so good on her.

When I first saw her fall I was totally stunned (ashamed to say each rewind made it funny!)

What a pro for leeping up and finishing! :)
  • Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,862
    Forum Member
    Microkorg wrote: »
    Can't stand the woman so laughed my arse off

That's nice for you.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe she was pulled by the Hand of God
  • FlowesFlowes Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member

yawn smiley
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry but as a 'woman of a certain age' I peed myself reading this (another unfortunate consequence of the ageing process)! :D
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Maybe she was pulled by the Hand of God

Lol :D
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    That's nice for you.
    Certainly was.. after a week when my other half had a lumpectomy (successful so far), I needed a bit of light relief
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flowes wrote: »
    yawn smiley

The age bashing is getting uncomfortably nasty.

WTF is people's problem?
  • FlowesFlowes Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    Sweetums wrote: »

WTF is people's problem?

I don't know. Maybe, fir some,mwhen people reach a certain age they are supposed to stay behind locked doors out of sight:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flowes wrote: »
    I don't know. Maybe, fir some,mwhen people reach a certain age they are supposed to stay behind locked doors out of sight:o

I think they're supposed to just wither and die, out of sight and out of mind, so as not to offend the younger members of the population.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

WTF is people's problem?
    I think they're supposed to just wither and die, out of sight and out of mind, so as not to offend the younger members of the population.

Posts about other posters is a particular problem of mine.:)
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hope she's ok, i didnt see it but it sounds like it could have been nasty...i bet she's feeling a bit sore and stiff today!
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it uncomfortable that people are very quick to point out Madonna is almost 60 and is ''old'' yet then take great pleasure this almost 60 year old falling backwards down some steps in an incident that could have been something far more serious than it was.

I guess it highlights how much of a problem ageism is.

The thing people should be praising is the fact she got up and carried on like nothing had happened.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it uncomfortable that people are very quick to point out Madonna is almost 60 and is ''old'' yet then take great pleasure this almost 60 year old falling backwards down some steps in an incident that could have been something far more serious than it was.

Couldn't agree with you more.

I've never felt comfortable with laughing at people injuring themselves, however minor the injury. I don't know why it's supposed to be so hilarious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Posts about other posters is a particular problem of mine.:)

So you think there is absolutely no way that attitude exists? Okay then.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was quite funny! Though well done her, for getting back up and keep going
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    It was quite funny!

Having watched the performance, I thought it looked like she could have been quite hurt if she wasn't so lucky.

I don't know if my sense of humour is just different from everyone else's but I really struggle to see any amusement here - and I'd feel the same way regardless of who it was that fell.
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having watched the performance, I thought it looked like she could have been quite hurt if she wasn't so lucky.

I don't know if my sense of humour is just different from everyone else's but I really struggle to see any amusement here - and I'd feel the same way regardless of who it was that fell.

If she had been on the top step she would have hit her back off the bottom step and would have most certainly been unable to get back up.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching it as it happened I did laugh, I think it was out of 'shock' more than anything. Good on her for getting back up and cracking on with the performance.