Options

Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    There have been many constructive comments on this and other threads. Trouble is the producers (are they not mainly the same as Daybreak ?) think they know better than the viewers as they have proved consistently (and wrongly).

Agreed - a few of us here have attempted to put forward constructive changes, and have indicated what we feel is going wring, and what should be done to correct it.

Some of us have even questioned quite what else ITV could do beyond yet another revamp.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »
    You cannot be serious? There is plenty of constructive criticism which ultimately revolves around a single fundamental point: 'the content' of the programme is the problem'.

It has been mentioned by many members over and over, GMB has (in my opinion) become even more 'c'leb obsessed' - It is easier to have Richard Arnold fill 10 minutes with 'gossip' from Twitter & Entertainment Today than it is to actually send a competent journalist to investigate a 'news' story.

When I recently had a fortnight off work I actually watched a few episodes in their entirety,
    GMB bring you the 'headlines' at the top off the hour but this is essentially the scope of their news, as soon as that 'requirement' has been achieved they switch to some nonsensical story about animals or children which inevitably involves Dr HIlary or one of the 'go to' experts (same old faces spouting the same rhetoric).

GMB has become very lazy and totally entertainment based, at least in it's heyday GMTV had the news hour which did feature correspondents and actual reporting on news.
    It seems GMB fill their remit in the 10 minutes at the top of every hour (headlines) and then simply fill the rest of the show with drivel.

I said pretty much the same in my first post on DS (in which I actually defend Susanna) so to say there is not constructive criticism is frankly quite laughable!

I said little and a trawl through the thread easily stands that up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that's a commendable read - nearly 3000 posts, even if it is skim-reading! :)
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Susanna will be covering the Oscars next year for GMB as she did traditionally for BBC Breakfast ?

She hasn't covered the Oscars for a few years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if STV doing their own breakfast show next Friday might set a precedent if it's judged successful, I don't believe STV are required to show GMB.

perhaps they could take ms kelly home.:D
  • Options
    simon_geraldsimon_gerald Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GMB seem to be happy with viewing figures as they seem to concentrate on the regular viewer than trying to attract new.
  • Options
    TORPIDO 1TORPIDO 1 Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thought it was tricky because stv dont actually own the airtime between 6 and 9.25 do they - itv do and if itv show gmb then so will they - stv do provide local news under contract to itv however - is the breakfast franchise antiquated and how is friday working i dont know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GMB seem to be happy with viewing figures as they seem to concentrate on the regular viewer than trying to attract new.

Or, seeing as the figures are below those of Daybreak, and having spent money on buying in presenters and new sets, perhaps they simply don't have a clue?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if STV doing their own breakfast show next Friday might set a precedent if it's judged successful, I don't believe STV are required to show GMB.
    STV are required to take GMB as the slot between 6am-9.25am is owned by ITV Breakfast Ltd, it is officially a separate TV franchise from STV, this is still a throw back to the days of TV-AM and GMTV. I assume (quite rightly) a deal has been done for this Friday as its such an important day for Scotland. What happens in an independent Scotland of course is a different matter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    perhaps they could take ms kelly home.:D

Oh boy if that the case, I so wished MS Reid was Scottish!
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey Ben comments on Laura dress is sounding childish. I think Sussana isn't amused with him. Is he trying to be another Eamonn Holmes or have they been told to spice the show up a little?
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susanna and Ben have said this morning that Fridays show will be live from Edinburgh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susanna looks lovely this morning in her blue dress
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Blimey Ben comments on Laura dress is sounding childish. I think Sussana isn't amused with him. Is he trying to be another Eamonn Holmes or have they been told to spice the show up a little?

The minute I switched over he was commenting on her dress.

On the other hand Susanna seems to have toned down her fake tan and is wearing a quite nice dress. She looks far better and more professional like in her BBC days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ex-girlfriend of Oscar Pistorius speaks to Good Morning Britain
    ITV News-12 Sep 2014
    Oscar Pistorius' ex - girlfriend Samantha Taylor told John Stapleton that she once hid a gun from him ...

Interesting they gave that interview to John Stapleton, guess they could not trust Ms Reid to do this. Without asking silly questions ie Freddie Starr, and Dan Stevens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The minute I switched over he was commenting on her dress.

On the other hand Susanna seems to have toned down her fake tan and is wearing a quite nice dress. She looks far better and more professional like in her BBC days.

She does but the cleavage enhancing dress last week was magnificent

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxKJvmQIEAAcjIF.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this what GMB boils down to now - dresses and cleavage?

A sad indictment on what was supposed to be a breakfast programme with a newsier edge to it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Is this what GMB boils down to now - dresses and cleavage?

A sad indictment on what was supposed to be a breakfast programme with a newsier edge to it.

lol and theres me thinking it was just a vehicle for ITV to promote their evening and reality shows with all the awfull celeb obsessed goosip with a few premium rate phone comps thrown in for good measure!!:o
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do they have that persons email address, so they can ask him or her what they want?

:D
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    My gothness, lorraine is a terrible interviewer. Paterson Joseph getting all passionate about black people now being so much more accepted into traditionally white roles, and she is all' gosh' of course you can, fantastic' is that all she can say??
  • Options
    YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Susanna and Ben have said this morning that Fridays show will be live from Edinburgh

Interesting that it'll be on until 10.00. Wonder what the viewing figures will be like after 9.15 when Breakfast finishes. BBC One has regular programming scheduled from that point.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YaffiYuk wrote: »
    Interesting that it'll be on until 10.00. Wonder what the viewing figures will be like after 9.15 when Breakfast finishes. BBC One has regular programming scheduled from that point.

In Scotland the BBC results programme continues all morning until 1 pm
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Susanna resorted to getting her flaps out to entice viewers yet?
  • Options
    simon_geraldsimon_gerald Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please tell me Rose Perkins was not on the show just because she looks like Charlotte.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please tell me Rose Perkins was not on the show just because she looks like Charlotte.

I don't see a problem with it, since Rose was in town to film Episodes, they dressed them in near identical red dresses for effect, was amusing enough.