Most 'emotional' event in Cult?

dronkuladronkula Posts: 2,089
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ok, so I'm currently working through my old Buffy DVD's and I'm up to the end of Season 2.

I'd forgotten how emotional the big finale was! I was almost in tears about the whole thing.

So, was just wondering, what other events would you vote for as most emotional in a cult TV series.

I can remember being very very upset over Adric's death in Doctor Who - but I was about 8 at the time.

This is for TV series and not films - because films are generally jam packed full of them anyway.

Comments

• Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Willow killing Warren. Or when Xander stopped her from distroying the world.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a few moments in Lost, Galactica and 24. When Adama jumped into the atmosphere to save everyone and the Pegasus bowed out that was emotional in a very triumphant way. Lots of tearjerking moments in Galactica too.

Series 1 of the new Who. Particularly Eccleston's last scenes, played so well by Chris and Billie, the whole thing had me welling up. Also the Father's Day episode. How could anyone not be affected by that? Some of the best TV of the last decade.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SG:1, Season 7, Episode 17/18 "Heroes"

Doctor Janet Fraiser dies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double post.
  • zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of tearjerking moments in Galactica too.
    Probably Gaeta's exit for me.

Gaeta's last words are, "It stopped," a reference to the constant pain in his amputated leg.

Gaeta's Lament

A tribute to the tragic life of Lieutenant Felix Gaeta:
    Nick Cave - Mercy Seat (BSG: Gaeta)

R.I.P.
  • Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ending of the first season of 24.
    I had no idea the evil character and what they would do, so found out at the same as Jack.
  • AliU2maniacAliU2maniac Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hellhounds coming for Dean in the Season 4 finale of Supernatural.His "Remember what Dad taught you....what I taught you" speech and then his 'forgive me' smile for brother Sam was just heartbreaking.Sam's tears when he cradled his brothers body was like a kick to the stomach--just brilliant TV :D
  • MamaboogieMamaboogie Posts: 3,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zounds wrote: »
    Probably Gaeta's exit for me.

Gaeta's last words are, "It stopped," a reference to the constant pain in his amputated leg.

Gaeta's Lament

A tribute to the tragic life of Lieutenant Felix Gaeta:
    Nick Cave - Mercy Seat (BSG: Gaeta)

R.I.P.

Usually I wipe away a little surreptitious tear when watching an emotional scene. With this bit I was weeping buckets!:eek: It was inevitable but so sad!

Also - Kara saying farewell to Sam before he flew The Galactica on it's final journey - 'See you on the other side' :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, it's the end of Heart, Supernatural, Season 2. When Sam goes to kill Madison. A lone tear falls down Dean's face and he jumps slightly when the gun goes off.:cry:
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously in Torchwood, CoE when Ianto dies in Jack's arms.
  • Hopeless_SavageHopeless_Savage Posts: 2,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whaat no, I couldn't cry over Felix, not after what he'd done.
    I was a wreck when Laura died.
  • Blake ConnollyBlake Connolly Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    Lost tends to do it for me, and as good as the writing and acting might be, I think it's Michael Giacchino's music that really brings out all the emotion.

Hurley saying goodbye to Libby, Charlie in the Looking Glass, the phone call in The Constant, Sun at Jin's grave, Kate saying goodbye to Aaron, they all somehow made my eyes get a bit wet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, Doctor Who, Journey's End, the last scene, with the Doctor all alone in the TARDIS.:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Pretty much every Buffy season finale, they where very eventful and all emotional.
    Doctor Who - Stolen Earth/Journey's End
    Torchwood - Children Of Earth
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a pretty easy one, and when I mention it, I hope everyone will agree, especially today

BlackAdder Goes Forth - Last Episode

Enough said
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Oh, when Sam died in the S2 finale for Supernatural - and Dean's trying to tell him it's OK...that it's not really that bad...:cry:

Great writing, stellar acting,very emotional - the best death scene I've seen so far, and I've seen a lot. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    i consider journeyman cult, and therefore at the end of the first episode when he digs up the garders and the toolbox with the ring is there, and he says he will always come back! :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scully (XFiles) having to give up her baby, to that adoptive couple so he could be brought up safe, was quite a sad moment
  • AliU2maniacAliU2maniac Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the Season 2 finale after Sam died, Dean sat next to his brothers body and spoke to him of their shared life, remembering the time little Sam asked so many questions like why didn't they have a Mom, etc.Jensesn Ackles was simply incredible in that scene and he looked absolutely destroyed.His shout of "What am I supposed to do?" left me bawling like a baby and I remember reading that Jared Padalecki, who was lying 'dead' nearby, could hardly keep it together as his co-star mourned his 'brother'.

Best mourning brother scene ever :D
  • Ms BrightsideMs Brightside Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember fighting very hard not to cry to the last episode of Life On Mars where Sam commits suicide.

Another was the "Company Man" episode of Heroes where the Bennet house gets nuked. That was pretty emotional.

And most recent was the last episode of Prison Break (not the Final Break) just when all the gang (minus Michael) walk over to Michael's grave and then onto the beach. I was crying quite a bit at that and i wish they'd just kept it at that.
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spock dying in Wrath (I know you said no movies but ST movies hardly count as movies)
    Fred becoming Illyria while Wesley was there.
    Charlie's death in Lost.
    Simon's death in West Wing.
    Shane dropping the grenade in Lem's car in The Shield.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    Obviously in Torchwood, CoE when Ianto dies in Jack's arms.

Agree + frobisher killing his family + Jack killing his grandson :(
    Plus i'd like to add DW Doomsday with the whole Rose+Doctor seperation thing, DW Journey's End (whole episode really :eek:)

And LOM ending when Sam jumps off the roof, and the Sam+Annie "Stay" bit.

And A2A:
    Gene: I thought you an' me, we 'ad a connection
    Alex: We do
    Gene: You can't tell me the truth

and Gene shooting Alex :cry:

(sorry, Gene Hunt's mightiness is enough for me to getemotional about :D)
  • ninz39ninz39 Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NCIS series 2 when avi shot kate, pop, straight between the eyes, i nearly fell of the sofa.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Cassie's shocking death in Hex. The sad thing was that they could never touch and to see Cassie's hand fade away just inches away from Thelma just melted my heart and still does when i rewatch the series.

Rose telling the doctor she loves him but for him to fade away just as he is about to say it.

The doctor telling donna he has to wipe her memory and that he had such a good time with her and to see all those flashbacks to all the adventures they shared during that season.

Willow screaming, cursing (literally, in a magical way) and covered in blood when Tara is killed by Warren.

The realisation that throughout a whole episode, Andrea was in actual fact a ghost and had died in the plane incident. For Andrea to call her brother and for him to ignore her followed by Melinda telling her she is dead. And to the moment of when she crosses over.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Oh and this one

"the hardest thing is this world, is to live in it" - Buffy tells dawn this before sacraficing herself. Gets me everytime. The whole conversation they share sends shivers down my spine especially when the conversation overlaps scenes of the group gathering over Buffy's body.