Call Of Duty: Black Ops (7)

SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
Forum Member
✭✭
Well done Activision and Treyarch.

http://www.mapmodnews.com/article.php?story=More-Call-of-Duty-7-Details-Revealed

Drag us back to the 80's with another game filled with pish guns. :rolleyes:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    I hope that they drop the story and make it all similar to Spec Ops, with different difficulties and co-op. Would snap that up in a second.
  • cheesy_pastycheesy_pasty Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god we'll get dedicated servers. Perhaps IW will realise the huge cock up they made.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    All it needs is nazi zombies (vietnamese zombies?)and i'll be as happy as a pig in s**t.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    if its anything like world at war ill give it a miss, crap guns crap maps - traded it in a week after launch.
  • MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a load of crap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MOH and Socom 4 will do me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The link isnt working for me whats it say?
  • SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The site has crashed but basically:

"Call of Duty 7: Black Ops (CoD7) is the next game in the massive Call of Duty (CoD) franchise. In a recent report on Tek9, Activision shared some details about the new CoD game.

Black Ops is scheduled for release in November 2010 and sources indicate the game developed by Treyarch will be set in history, between World War II and present day. It is also hinted that some of the missions will take gamers to Cuba and South America which hints at a Cold War and Vietnam based game."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i aint gonna buy it, bfbc an moh will keep me golden
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    The site has crashed but basically:

"Call of Duty 7: Black Ops (CoD7) is the next game in the massive Call of Duty (CoD) franchise. In a recent report on Tek9, Activision shared some details about the new CoD game.

Black Ops is scheduled for release in November 2010 and sources indicate the game developed by Treyarch will be set in history, between World War II and present day. It is also hinted that some of the missions will take gamers to Cuba and South America which hints at a Cold War and Vietnam based game."

Ok whats so bad about that? Everyone seems to be writing it off already. I'll be getting it. It'l make a nice change from WW2 and the crap released last year known as MW2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But the gameplay will basically be WWII.

The guns will look bland and boring and hideous.

Treyarch's single player was amazing, their perk system and gun balance was better than IW's too. **except for the fact you could revive which made search and destroy infuriating, and the fact last stand lasted up to 10 minutes** and so I'd like to see them do something modern and fresh.

But no.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Treyarch's single player was amazing, their perk system and gun balance was better than IW's too. **except for the fact you could revive which made search and destroy infuriating, and the fact last stand lasted up to 10 minutes** and so I'd like to see them do something modern and fresh.

But no.

I liked W@W and still do more then MW2 personally so this will be a good purchase for me. Everyone goes on about MW2 but look at how everyone has been moaning about glitches and buggy online? I cant say I had anywhere near as many problems on W@W that I did with MW/MW2.

Juist personal preference I guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked W@W and still do more then MW2 personally so this will be a good purchase for me. Everyone goes on about MW2 but look at how everyone has been moaning about glitches and buggy online? I cant say I had anywhere near as many problems on W@W that I did with MW/MW2.

Juist personal preference I guess.

Oh I know I know don't get me wrong - I know all about the annoying glitches! :D

That's why I'm saying I'd like Treyarch to make a modern warfare game.

They'd patch things that needed patching, they nerf noob tubes at the start of rounds, they'd listen to feedback and fix glitches and they wouldn't allow things like Lightweight + Commando + Marathon to exist.

Could be the greatest war game ever.

The true successor to Call Of Duty 4.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will get it but it will not beat cod4
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Ok whats so bad about that? Everyone seems to be writing it off already. I'll be getting it. It'l make a nice change from WW2 and the crap released last year known as MW2.

+1

It's funny that a few people have said it sounds crap.As you mentioned yourself,it'll make a change.
    And crap weapons? Most of the guns in modern warfare are upgrade guns used from the vietnamese war.

The m16,Uzi,Grenade launcher,Claymores,The m40 sniper rifle,The 'Dragnuv' sniper rifle,Ak-47,RPG's and the RPD were all used during the vietnamese war.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    +1

It's funny that a few people have said it sounds crap.As you mentioned yourself,it'll make a change.
    And crap weapons? Most of the guns in modern warfare are upgrade guns used from the vietnamese war.

The m16,Uzi,Grenade launcher,Claymores,The m40 sniper rifle,The 'Dragnuv' sniper rifle,Ak-47,RPG's and the RPD were all used during the vietnamese war.:D

+1 :)

I'm going to wait before slagging off a game that we have yet to see visuals for, or have any definitive concrete information regarding gameplay and weapons.

Jebus, moaning about something we know nothing about. Constructive. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But no.

The AI was awful, so dumb, their way of making the game hard was to have re spawning enemies and 1000 grenades everywhere.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    N43 wrote: »
    The AI was awful, so dumb, their way of making the game hard was to have re spawning enemies and 1000 grenades everywhere.

Three words; Charlie don't Surf..... ;)
  • MadWrappaMadWrappa Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dwr budr wrote: »
    if its anything like world at war ill give it a miss, crap guns crap maps - traded it in a week after launch.
    MojoMaster wrote: »
    Sounds like a load of crap.

Wow!
    You two must have already played the game to make your judgement already

Are you like ultra '8 month before release' exclusive Beta testers? :rolleyes:
  • tommyd1258tommyd1258 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping Treyarch make a few more additions to the game than they did with Waw after COD4.

They'd be mad not to include a zombie mode for 4 players. One of the things that MW2 lacked in my opinion was a 4-player co-op mode, spec-ops did not live up to its hype and you can't play the campaign co-operatively.

I was playing Shi No Numa with some mates last night and it was much more fun than I've ever had on MW2 (apart from that one game I had with the unlimited ammo glitch :D)

I'm sure the COD franchise could introduce 'Player' and 'Ranked' playlists. IMO they could have some fun game modes in unranked playlists just to make it more fun. When you're always getting XP it's hard to have a good time, especially trying to get challenges.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    WWII = crap guns? Maybe the millions who died as a result of these crap guns would beg to differ?

Maybe it's really your lack of ability to effectively kill without the assistance of modern day sights etc?

MW2 has show that the era alone does not make a it good game automatically.
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite enjoyed W@W, the multiplayer was good apart from the spawn points on some maps. DLC seemed good value for money aswell. Treyarch did a decent job, so i'll await this with interest.
  • MadWrappaMadWrappa Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite enjoyed W@W, the multiplayer was good apart from the spawn points on some maps. DLC seemed good value for money aswell. Treyarch did a decent job, so i'll await this with interest.

Nice one Scoot's :)
    the voice of reason
    im with U on this one dude

I bet the game will be pretty damn good
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will be alright. Given that I actually preferred W@W to MW2 by a large margin I'll be buying it. MW2 is massively over-rated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about the part that hints you can play as SAS in the Iranian Embassy siege??? Must just be me that wet myself at the thought of that one...
    "One level is said to see players control an SAS operative during the 1980 Iranian Embassy siege in London"