Camp Scouser

myfacemyface Posts: 721
Forum Member
✭✭
I am from Liverpool myself, but hearing Mark's over-the-top ridiculous nasal accent makes me want to smash the telly when he's on.

No-one speaks like that normally. No-one.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    he was on shipwreck [ ch4 ] a fews back…. mind you there i believe he was straight…. hhhmmmmm!!

if i remember rightly very lazy and bitchy…. perfect housemate
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish he'd try starting to be a bit more like Mariah Carey, even her warbling isn't as annoying so the world would be a better place :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    and yes that accent is almost caricature… but having said that it was just the same on shipwreck
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole " I'm nor avin tha " when entering his pod made me dislike hime
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    myface wrote: »
    I am from Liverpool myself, but hearing Mark's over-the-top ridiculous nasal accent makes me want to smash the telly when he's on.

He reminds and sounds a lot like Marcus from BGT or Xfactor. He was from Liverpool and they do sound similar. Its the one scouse accent that tends to grate on peoples nerves after a while.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    He reminds and sounds a lot like Marcus from BGT or Xfactor. He was from Liverpool and they do sound similar. Its the one scouse accent that tends to grate on peoples nerves after a while.

It doesn't seem to be taking too long. It's horrendous. I think he must be this year's producer's 'unbearable accent.' choice. :(
  • bluebottlebluebottle Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andsw161 wrote: »
    he was on shipwreck [ ch4 ] a fews back…. mind you there i believe he was straight…. hhhmmmmm!!

Watched that and wondered where I had heard that nasaly whine :)
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andsw161 wrote: »

Oh, I think I saw that series.
    Was it the one where one island had to nominate one person from the other island to win all the money?

OMG, if it's the same person they were awful, truly awful.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole " I'm nor avin tha " when entering his pod made me dislike hime

FABULOUS.:D I feel exactly the same.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    LaineyT wrote: »

He is friends with Marcus Collins and they are both from Crosby. It is a North Liverpudlian accent although Mark has hugely exaggerated his.
  • NatgarNatgar Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is my least liked housemate simply because I cannot take his voice, which has less to do with accent and more with the pitch and shrieking.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myface wrote: »

I must have been unlucky when I visited the shops there. Most people sounded like they had been on helium.
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness Pauline didn't choose him to be the one to stay until the final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natgar wrote: »
    He is my least liked housemate simply because I cannot take his voice, which has less to do with accent and more with the pitch and shrieking.

Spot On. It's the high screechy camp for effect sound that grates...as does his beard, eyebrows, ridiculous hat.............(You get that I'm not keen on him):blush:
  • Jacs75Jacs75 Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad I am not the only one who thought his voice was annoying, I have nothing against the Liverpool accent but his seems very screechy.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spot On. It's the high screechy camp for effect sound that grates...as does his beard, eyebrows, ridiculous hat.............(You get that I'm not keen on him):blush:

well played the housemates on their self-control, most people on first sight of that pratt hat would have ripped it off his head and stamped on it :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    well played the housemates on their self-control, most people on first sight of that pratt hat would have ripped it off his head and stamped on it :cool:

LOL:D:D:D
  • prometheusdebprometheusdeb Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many years ago I had a lovely holiday at Camp Scouser.
  • Lucky lad34Lucky lad34 Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He should have been put down at birth,be under no illusion he is the most vile creature ever to enter the house,big statement i know but 100% true
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He should have been put down at birth,be under no illusion he is the most vile creature ever to enter the house,big statement i know but 100% true

Blimey...
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Well, there are worse things than being over-groomed and squeaky.
  • SsddSsdd Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:o that is ridiculous.
  • NatgarNatgar Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, there are worse things than being over-groomed and squeaky.

I agree I find him unbearable to listen to but he is not a serial killer or anything and just because he really grates me does not mean I wish him any harm. we have to try remember that they are all human beings in there.
  • EchoFallsEchoFalls Posts: 3,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care if he is a nice lad, potentially a good HM, I just want him OUT!
    Purely because of his accent he could be one of the nicest lads in the world but I want him gone. If that makes me accentist then so be it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EchoFalls wrote: »
    I don't care if he is a nice lad, potentially a good HM, I just want him OUT!
    Purely because of his accent he could be one of the nicest lads in the world but I want him gone. If that makes me accentist then so be it.

I actually had to google that...tee hee hee. I feel your pain. However, it's not only his accent that I cannot bear, it's his whole persona,,,EVERYTHING that is wrong with every wanabee.. When the hat came out last night & he started twirling about...well I thought I'd implode....he brings me out in hives:blush: