Options

Mel B Would Never Have a Solo Career With That Attitude

FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
Forum Member
✭✭
She's lucky it wasn't her pulling the strings in The Spice Girls.

She seems awful to work with, very cold and bitter.

Telling the paying public/audience to shut up is career suicide - Simon must be thinking he made a mistake and can't wait to pull the axe on her come the end of the series she won't be invited back there's no balance with the judges.

She's got a chip on her shoulder and believes she's bigger than she currently is, delusional.

Comments

• Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't realised just what a horrible person she really is. She has a huge attitude problem and wants everything her own way all the time. She acts like a spoilt little kid. I don't know how the other three judges can put up with her.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hadn't realised just what a horrible person she really is. She has a huge attitude problem and wants everything her own way all the time. She acts like a spoilt little kid. I don't know how the other three judges can put up with her.

This.

The public seeing the real brat behind the Spice Girls PR machine.

I don't know if she was always this way and we didn't see it, or life experiences have turned her this way.. she just doesn't seem a happy person despite having a dream life.
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She appears to be pretty loathsome. It must have been Hell on Earth to be in the Spice Girls with her. She's got a horrible, spiteful, nasty attitude.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon is more likeable, which is saying something :o
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Sharon is more likeable, which is saying something :o

I said the same thing last night. I think Sharon can be horrible, but Mel is far far worse. The way she shouted, "Shut up" to the audience last night was inexcusable. I think she was probably the reason why the Spice Girls split up as the others don't seem nearly so bad.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,634
    Forum Member
    LOL

I've thought this about Mel B for about 17 years. As soon as Wannabe went to #1 in America, I'd say that was the precise moment fame went to Mel B's head and she deluded herself into believing she was some type of Goddess in the world of music.

She has always had an attitude problem. I dare say her younger sister (who was in Emmerdale a few years ago) is similar. Maybe this is what happens when you grow up in a council estate in Leeds.

Just look at all the things Mel B has done over the last 15 years, it all smacks of desperation to succeed and because she had a taste of international success, she's allowed that fame to corrupt her mind.

Naming your daughter Phoenix Chi, the whole spectacle with Eddie Murphy, the list really does go on and on and on...

...and this is coming from a lad who actually thought Spice Girls had some decent songs at the start of their career. 2 Become 1 and Who Do You Think You Are? remain two pop classics imo, but let's face it Emma Bunton and Mel C were the only two Spice Girls with an ounce of decency and talent between them. The others three well and truly corrupted by fame.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's not all be drama queens. The audience are constantly shouting. Boot camp was even worse. I think that's just her personality. She's always had that fiery attitude. Deep down i'm sure she can be really nice but having said that i have followed The Spice Girls careers for years and she does get a lot of unpleasant stories said about her.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Oh for god sake it is all in the script. She plays her role as a mouthy madam while Louis plays the lovable twit, Cheryl the gormless air head and Simon the slightly creepy big-headed know all. It's all an act. Surely people know how the show works by now?

If the Producers did not want her acting this way she would not be doing it. It is that simple.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    Oh for god sake it is all in the script. She plays her role as a mouthy madam while Louis plays the lovable twit, Cheryl the gormless air head and Simon the slightly creepy big-headed know all. It's all an act. Surely people know how the show works by now?

If the Producers did not want her acting this way she would not be doing it. It is that simple.

I do believe some of it's scripted but not all of it. She is actually like that a lot. I'm sure the producers stir it up with the judges. it's happened on other shows. How many judges have clashed with Simon. Lot's.
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Mel's solo career was over anyway - I haven't heard anything of late from her for a long time.

On her outburst towards to the audience, I can understand her losing it with the rude, irritating heckling and shouting going on while she was giving a comment, but saying that, she should have acted more professionally by not responding and rise above It, or indeed, ignore it and just carry on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do believe some of it's scripted but not all of it. She is actually like that a lot. I'm sure the producers stir it up with the judges. it's happened on other shows. How many judges have clashed with Simon. Lot's.

Of course they do - it is all part of the plan. These people are paid huge amounts so when told to jump will respond "how high". Take BGT - do you think the continual incredibly creepy lustful behaviour of David Walliams towards SC would continue if it was not wanted by SC and the producers? For some reason they see that as incredibly funny. :o

As to Mel B - she may well be a mouthy loud obnoxious person in real life but she will act as she is told. She worked in enough of Cowell shows to know what is required and clearly delivers. Look at all the outrage on here. Maybe she should be getting a bonus. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jocolah wrote: »
    I thought Mel's solo career was over anyway - I haven't heard anything of late from her for a long time.

On her outburst towards to the audience, I can understand her losing it with the rude, irritating heckling and shouting going on while she was giving a comment, but saying that, she should have acted more professionally by not responding and rise above It, or indeed, ignore it and just carry on.

Well her solo music career hasn't done that well. A few top ten hit a number one. Both her albums flopped the second one worse! Very poor charting. She was the first Spice girl to fall in my opinion.

She's been doing well on t.v since after the Spice Girls reunion. She's built her name up a lot and to think years ago she was nowhere really. She was on Dancing with the stars and that whole Eddy Murphy thing and that with the Spice Girls reforming. Good for her for reinventing her career. Shame Geri hasn't been as smart several years ago.

Her last single released last year was a top ten on the American dance chart but flopped everywhere else. Think it did well on some indie charts.
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well her solo music career hasn't done that well. A few top ten hit a number one. Both her albums flopped the second one worse! Very poor charting. She was the first Spice girl to fall in my opinion.

She's been doing well on t.v since after the Spice Girls reunion. She's built her name up a lot and to think years ago she was nowhere really. She was on Dancing with the stars and that whole Eddy Murphy thing and that with the Spice Girls reforming. Good for her for reinventing her career. Shame Geri hasn't been as smart several years ago.

Her last single released last year was a top ten on the American dance chart but flopped everywhere else. Think it did well on some indie charts.

Thanks for that info. It explains why I haven't heard anything from her - I don't follow the American dance and Indie charts.
  • Options
    jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally vile woman >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jocolah wrote: »
    [/B]
    Thanks for that info. It explains why I haven't heard anything from her - I don't follow the American dance and Indie charts.

No problem.
  • Options
    decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I find it really odd on here how everything that happens on the X Factor is scripted. Do you honestly think that none of what is said or done is spontaneous? Yes, Mel B was probably hired because she is known for her fiery temperament but whatever happens from thereon out is them all reacting to one another. Seriously, how much do you think you can script a live show? I do accept that there may be some manipulation going on behind the scenes but to claim that everything that happens is controlled by some shifty, shadowy producers is just plain silly!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    I find it really odd on here how everything that happens on the X Factor is scripted. Do you honestly think that none of what is said or done is spontaneous? Yes, Mel B was probably hired because she is known for her fiery temperament but whatever happens from thereon out is them all reacting to one another. Seriously, how much do you think you can script a live show? I do accept that there may be some manipulation going on behind the scenes but to claim that everything that happens is controlled by some shifty, shadowy producers is just plain silly!

Good points there. I completely agree.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Spontaneous - I doubt any of them know what it means. Of course it is pre-planned, from the performance critiques all the way to the reaction to the votes for the sing off. I do not say it is scripted to the letter but the overall plan will be there from where they are gobby to where they insult SC to where they throw a "tantrum". Of course the judges do as they are told - for their wages you can be sure the producers get what they want. Reacting to each other - right, so they are. :D

The only genuine thing about the show will be the voting results because not even the XF would fiddle them. But then they do manipulate all they can to get the results they want. Paul "the Diva" Akister and now Jay "the bully" James - these themes not seem familiar?

But if you believe there is anything genuine in this show then you are not as cynical as me. On saying that a Nigerian friend of mine will be in touch with a great business opportunity.............:D
  • Options
    Arnold1Arnold1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when she was announced as a new judge people here were saying it was a great decision. Probably the same hypocrites who are now saying she's horrible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arnold1 wrote: »
    I remember when she was announced as a new judge people here were saying it was a great decision. Probably the same hypocrites who are now saying she's horrible.

That's the thing. People can turn on you like that. I've read about so many celebs being bashed after bashed yeah have an opinion or if you aren't a fan that's fine but a lot of people seem to turn on some celebs like the wind.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    jioscar wrote: »
    Totally vile woman >:(

Wasn't she the one that was called "Scary" Spice? :o
  • Options
    decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spontaneous - I doubt any of them know what it means. Of course it is pre-planned, from the performance critiques all the way to the reaction to the votes for the sing off. I do not say it is scripted to the letter but the overall plan will be there from where they are gobby to where they insult SC to where they throw a "tantrum". Of course the judges do as they are told - for their wages you can be sure the producers get what they want. Reacting to each other - right, so they are. :D

The only genuine thing about the show will be the voting results because not even the XF would fiddle them. But then they do manipulate all they can to get the results they want. Paul "the Diva" Akister and now Jay "the bully" James - these themes not seem familiar?

But if you believe there is anything genuine in this show then you are not as cynical as me. On saying that a Nigerian friend of mine will be in touch with a great business opportunity.............:D

Like I said I accept that there will be manipulation going on. But on a thread earlier someone had noted that Mel and Cheryl looked at each other when Nicole Sherzinger was mentioned, and someone replied to say that this was scripted! Honestly, the paranoia on here is crazy at times - why on earth would anyone watch a talentshow where they constantly thought that every word, look, smile or nod was pre-planned? It's not Towie or MIC :D
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's always been marketed as a lairy gobshite for the best part of 20 years so nothing has changed really.

Her solo career was a huge damp squib. Her only real hit was when she was guest vocalist on someone elses single
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    Can't stand the woman, adds nothing of merit to the show.
  • Options
    Spy queenSpy queen Posts: 221
    Forum Member

It is a tough world in the pop business, if they cannot take it they should not enter the comp. I think Mel is very good and tells it how it is, instead of saying they are OK when they are rubbish.