Options

Kiss Me Kate prom Radio 3

EverhopefulEverhopeful Posts: 88
Forum Member
Did anyone try to record this prom concert on Saturday evening? I set my Humax Fox-T2 to record the first part, thinking it would bridge the interval itself. Not only did it not record the second part, it cut the first part short.

I did notice that the broadcast over-ran the first half scheduled time, so I wondered if there is any AR on sound only channels.

Comments

• Options
    Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did notice that the broadcast over-ran the first half scheduled time, so I wondered if there is any AR on sound only channels.
    No, I don't think there is.
  • Options
    Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There isn't. My HDR-FOX T2 uses padding on Radio channels and AR on video channels, but every now and again I check to see if things have changed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Hello Luis Essex, Are you using Custom Software?
  • Options
    Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    I use the multi-mode package for setting up the channels on a practical basis to use AR or padding.

I also use the arbookmark package as that may help to highlight if AR was introduced for radio before I would otherwise get a round to running some specifc tests.
  • Options
    56up56up Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you just want to listen, the Proms are available on the Radio 3 website.

If you want to listen in the car or from an mp3 player, you can always use a piece of software like Applian or the video recording software built in to Avant browser and convert the result to mp3 or wav. The quality may not be as good, but at least you can catch up.