Big Brother 14 news, gossip & speculation!

Comments

• Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, just what we needed. The Hantz family crossing the divide into BB. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Ugh, just what we needed. The Hantz family crossing the divide into BB. :(

I know nothing of Survivor so any Survivor talk or segments will turn me right off. He does have an 'invitation' though so maybe he is involved in some other way.

Or we can hope he does a 'Jason BB13' and let them make a creative decision to axe him before they move in :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SPECULATION: Fans wondering could JoJo the bartender be this Jojo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfbz2nwMkKg

I highly doubt it, but they do look similar and have the same name! lol
  • Gothic-DudeGothic-Dude Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the song Leave from her, doubt it is her, she was in a film called RV a few years ago
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know nothing of Survivor so any Survivor talk or segments will turn me right off. He does have an 'invitation' though so maybe he is involved in some other way.

Or we can hope he does a 'Jason BB13' and let them make a creative decision to axe him before they move in :rolleyes:

If he's anything like his relatives, I hope he gets the old-heave ho before it begins.

Russell Hantz is one of the most polarizing contestants on Survivor ever. He played twice back to back, doing an outstanding job both times to make it to the final jury, but an atrocious job of actually making to the end with a shot of getting jury votes. He's abrasive, brash and ended up pissing off the jury unncessarily both times. He could have been a fun contestant to watch, but they rammed him in the viewers faces to unprecidented extents in his first series. When he lost, some people called it the worst decision ever, others called it the best. He was then a real sore loser on both times, and tried to rally the show to change the way the winner is decided, to little avail.

He then returned for his third series out of a possible four shortly afterwards, and tried to play the game in the exact same way. His tribe saw sense and voted him out at the first oppurtunity, leading to a hilarious emotional breakdown.

His nephew Brandon appeared on the show in the next season. At first, he appeared to be like a mini-Russell, but it soon became apparent that the boy had some serious issues. I think he was a reformed gangmember turned christian, and the game just really messed with his head. He became a total trainwreck of a player, and limped his way to around sixth place. At the reunion, he implied that his family were very disappointed with the way he had behaved, which was absolutely appaling. His heart was in the right place most of the time, he just had serious demons.

As far as I'm aware, this Willie isn't Brandon's father. (I think that there is a third brother who is Brandon's father)

In any case, I'd hate to see this awful family be moved into BB. Their not endearing - they just don't seem to be very nice people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he's anything like his relatives, I hope he gets the old-heave ho before it begins.

Russell Hantz is one of the most polarizing contestants on Survivor ever. He played twice back to back, doing an outstanding job both times to make it to the final jury, but an atrocious job of actually making to the end with a shot of getting jury votes. He's abrasive, brash and ended up pissing off the jury unncessarily both times. He could have been a fun contestant to watch, but they rammed him in the viewers faces to unprecidented extents in his first series. When he lost, some people called it the worst decision ever, others called it the best. He was then a real sore loser on both times, and tried to rally the show to change the way the winner is decided, to little avail.

He then returned for his third series out of a possible four shortly afterwards, and tried to play the game in the exact same way. His tribe saw sense and voted him out at the first oppurtunity, leading to a hilarious emotional breakdown.

His nephew Brandon appeared on the show in the next season. At first, he appeared to be like a mini-Russell, but it soon became apparent that the boy had some serious issues. I think he was a reformed gangmember turned christian, and the game just really messed with his head. He became a total trainwreck of a player, and limped his way to around sixth place. At the reunion, he implied that his family were very disappointed with the way he had behaved, which was absolutely appaling. His heart was in the right place most of the time, he just had serious demons.

As far as I'm aware, this Willie isn't Brandon's father. (I think that there is a third brother who is Brandon's father)

In any case, I'd hate to see this awful family be moved into BB. Their not endearing - they just don't seem to be very nice people.

I read up on Russell and it comes across that you either loved or hated him.

This Brandon guy seems interesting though. Like what did he do that was so bad if his heart was the right place?

He also isn't going to tell people that he is their relative so it won't go against him...but it will go in his favour if CBS decide to use polls for power this season which I hope they do not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interestingly though, Willie Hantz must not be in sequester like the other houseguests because he is tweeting (unless it's another family doing it on his behalf). Please have some significance...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Brother Access ‏@bigbroaccess

"Kara is the sister of Kelly Monaco (who was on DWTS). So we have brother of a Survivor and sister of a DWTS... #bb14 #cbsbigbrother"

"Wil is Wil Heuser, who auditioned for American Idol in 2009. So, now we have a Survivor, a DWTS & an Idol connection. #bb14 #cbsbigbrother"
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see those videos that were posted on the previous page? Have they been removed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Brandon guy seems interesting though. Like what did he do that was so bad if his heart was the right place?

There wasn't a massive lot that he did that was "bad" as such, he was just a complete trainwreck of a contestant, and like his uncle, was heavily rammed in the audience's faces.

The only majorly bad thing that he did was early on, where he did absolutely everything he could to isolate Michaela, who he tried to portray as a **** who was trying use her body to get through the game, when in reality, Michaela seemed hardworking, sweet, strong and as Survivor contestants go, dressed pretty modestly.

Other than that, he was just an awful player. He frequently exploded into rants that put his alliance in sticky positions, he had no game sense and seemed to expect Jesus to help him out, and generally just had no clue what he was doing. He was religious to point where it became quite uncomfortable to watch, and he ended up eliminated because he expected some of his alliance to stand by him because of their mutual deep religion. He then gave away individual immunity to someone who he had spent the last week targetting for elimination because of an early promise, and was booted as a result.

He started off annoying, but in the end, it just became really sad. He clearly had deep set issues, and it was completely the wrong environment for him to be in!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interestingly though, Willie Hantz must not be in sequester like the other houseguests because he is tweeting (unless it's another family doing it on his behalf). Please have some significance...

The Hantz family do seem to be happily telling everyone on Twitter about his participation. It's strange, because I thought that family had to remain silent until the contestants were formally announced by CBS.. I'm sure I've read about people getting axed from the show for blabbing about their participation before the show started...
  • Gothic-DudeGothic-Dude Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There wasn't a massive lot that he did that was "bad" as such, he was just a complete trainwreck of a contestant, and like his uncle, was heavily rammed in the audience's faces.

The only majorly bad thing that he did was early on, where he did absolutely everything he could to isolate Michaela, who he tried to portray as a **** who was trying use her body to get through the game, when in reality, Michaela seemed hardworking, sweet, strong and as Survivor contestants go, dressed pretty modestly.

Other than that, he was just an awful player. He frequently exploded into rants that put his alliance in sticky positions, he had no game sense and seemed to expect Jesus to help him out, and generally just had no clue what he was doing. He was religious to point where it became quite uncomfortable to watch, and he ended up eliminated because he expected some of his alliance to stand by him because of their mutual deep religion. He then gave away individual immunity to someone who he had spent the last week targetting for elimination because of an early promise, and was booted as a result.

He started off annoying, but in the end, it just became really sad. He clearly had deep set issues, and it was completely the wrong environment for him to be in!

Regarding a future season of survivor
    Rumour is he returned for season 26 and got kicked off for hitting a castaway.. not sure if it is true
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hantz family do seem to be happily telling everyone on Twitter about his participation. It's strange, because I thought that family had to remain silent until the contestants were formally announced by CBS.. I'm sure I've read about people getting axed from the show for blabbing about their participation before the show started...

Which is why I think his 'invitation' is a bit odd.... usually they just get their keys. Or since his interview was leaked maybe they thought it was ok to start the support? Who knows...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding a future season of survivor
    Rumour is he returned for season 26 and got kicked off for hitting a castaway.. not sure if it is true

On his Twitter page, it says he is now in hospital getting treatment so I guess he is having problems...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWIST DETAILS:

Missyae ‏@TheGameSurvivor

"Opening night is Saturday, rookies enter house and Julie springs twist on them and 4 mentors enter and size up rookies for 60 to 90 minutes. They then draft them and if you are 4th you also get 5th pick as it reverses back up till whoever had 1st pick ends up with 8th and 9th picks."

I guess it's very similar to The Voice after all ;)
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    So the mentors are only there for an hour? What is the point?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    So the mentors are only there for an hour? What is the point?

They are there for an hour I guess to get to know the newbies so they can start picking them for their teams. Then we'll find out how they impact the game after.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Missyae now saying that Rachel might have been replaced!

Please say its true!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missyae ‏@TheGameSurvivor

"That last mentor slot taken by Rachel might be someone else I am hearing. She was the most iffy of the 4 so waiting on more info, stay tuned"

I think this might be a 'creative decision' after her horrible attempt to sway the rumours on Rumour Control. She basically turned every question so it was about her being a mentor...
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Redmond wrote: »
    Missyae now saying that Rachel might have been replaced!

Please say its true!

But who are they replacing her with? It's very last minute so they're limited in who can drop everything in such a short space of time.

If it's Jessie i'm actually cancelling my superpass subscription and not watching.:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    But who are they replacing her with? It's very last minute so they're limited in who can drop everything in such a short space of time.

If it's Jessie i'm actually cancelling my superpass subscription and not watching.:mad:

No I think it will most likely be another female mentor. Maybe they put Rachel up there to see what reaction would be to having her back 3 seasons in a row, but her Rumour Control fiasco didn't help her that's for sure lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please be Danielle Reyes. She was the other big rumoured name. Although I'll take Dani Donato too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I wouldn't mind Rachel being there again. Obviously I would prefer Daniele but wouldn't be disappointed with Danielle either!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope it'll be Danielle Reyes too! Either her, Jun or Alison! No females from recent seasons have at all cut it strategically, and I sure as hell don't want to see Jeff, Jordan, Jessie, Brendon, Rachel or Daniele again this Summer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Alison is either pregnant or recently gave birth so rules her out.