Vegas - Sky Atlantic

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, last night we saw the last epsiode of this series. I must admit, I've quite enjoyed it for lighthearted entertainment but it's never going to be classed as one of the better shows ever made.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    According to CBS, that was it, no more. I liked this programme
  • benwarwickbenwarwick Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    I liked Vegas it was unique and different compared to the vampire, zombie or post apocalyptic shows we keep seeing recently.
  • moviesmanmoviesman Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    This show is rubbish.Although Dennis Quads a good actor this gets the thumbs down.Its just nothing like the old Dan Tanner Robert Urich version. It just drags along.Everyone different personally for me though its no.
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,127
    Forum Member
    According to CBS, that was it, no more. I liked this programme

Two problems
    - it skewed old as although a bigger audience than many renewed dramas too few were in the 18 to 49 years old which is all that matters with advertisers on the free networks in the US. So too many 50+ viewers.
    - it cost to much to make with the period setting and unlike Boardwalk Empire say it did not have pay TV money behind it

Is a pity as the new US show I enjoyed most this year.
  • Mel GMel G Posts: 5,253
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it too - it's not going to make my Top 10 Programmes Ever Made, but at least it doesn't have me shouting at the tv like Revolution or The Americans does.

Shame it's a network show and not made by the likes of HBO; if that was the case I suspect it would have had slightly edgier scripts and be given a chance to build an audience over a couple of (shorter) seasons. I do think it very weird that US network ratings don't count anyone over the age of 50 - you'd think that they would be the group with the most disposable income and therefore a target for advertisers?
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Mel G wrote: »
    I enjoyed it too - it's not going to make my Top 10 Programmes Ever Made, but at least it doesn't have me shouting at the tv like Revolution or The Americans does.

Shame it's a network show and not made by the likes of HBO; if that was the case I suspect it would have had slightly edgier scripts and be given a chance to build an audience over a couple of (shorter) seasons. I do think it very weird that US network ratings don't count anyone over the age of 50 - you'd think that they would be the group with the most disposable income and therefore a target for advertisers?

Why shout at the screen when The Americans is on? It is a far better show than Vegas.
  • Mel GMel G Posts: 5,253
    Forum Member
    I was really looking forward to The Americans, and thought the pilot was great - but have progressively gone off the show over the subsequent weeks. The spying stretches incredulity and the increased focus on the relationship stuff has got a bit too soapy for my taste. I don't really care about any of the characters, but I'm sticking with it and hope I change my mind.

Vegas was the other way round - low expectations and I thought it was a bit 'meh' to start with, but it grew on me. Not a Breaking Bad, West Wing or The Wire I'll be the first to admit!