Options

Homeland on Ch4 (UK Pace) - No Spoilers!

Comments

• Options
    DenleyDenley Posts: 4,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You lot have been busy! Another great ep - apologies if I flood the thread but there's a lot to catch up on. I'm not sure if I can add anything to this thread that's not been said already.
    Thank you!! D. I'm going to have a celebratory drink. now.:p

Wishing you both a wonderful weekend. :)

Thanks RP. We had a great time, Sunday's hangover from hell, apart :(:D
    Joni M wrote: »
    Love this thread, my absolute all time fave post was Delta Blue's 'or maybe he just really liked tulips' (or WTTE) :) it was just the way you started with 'maybe I'm really overthinking this...'
    PURE GOLD GENIUS :D

Thanks to Normandie and Sally for the MOTD info on his finger strumming :D

I'm not really posting at the mo but will keep lurking on here, so thanks to everyone and if I've heard FM wedding bells, best wishes to both parties xxx

Thanks Joni M :D and now we know MOTD strumming was lack a prayer bead substitute for Brody.

"Live in despair for 8 yrs and you might turn to religion too & the King James Bible wasn't available." Jess and Chris did the same, just with Christianity.
    minkski wrote: »
    I just list the correct threads in subscriptions TG - stops the accidental clicking :cool:

*waves at JoniM*

Good tip minkski, I'll have to do that too I think.
    Normandie wrote: »
    Tracked... probably from the (un)safe house or possibly via a bug in the car. Presumably executed (almost) because They Have Very Important Knowledge someone doesn't want them giving up if captured.

Who killed Raquim was glossed over pretty quickly. Presumably the CIA are investigating Raquim's murder seeing as they've laid the blame for it on Abu Nazir's people.

It frustrated me a little that Saul & Carrie, two of the CIA's higher investigative ranks, are off on their road trips when time is ticking on tracking down Abu Nazir's henchmen...tv show poetic licence does grate sometimes.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosiedevon wrote: »
    Maybe they both got turned.

I was thinking that too - but I'm still not convinced Walker's alive yet - solely based on Aileen's testimony - and the CIA are putting a lot of faith in that. :confused: this early on.

And anyone else think it's odd a load of houses offer a clear line of sight for a sniper to overlook a pristinely signposted "MARINE-ONE" helipad????:rolleyes::p

but if Walker is the sniper fixed on Marine-One - we're still none the wiser if Brody has been turned or not.
    flyingv wrote: »
    Wasn't he also made to dig Walker's grave and watch while he was buried as well? Or am I imagining that?

I thought the daughter (Dana?) was great tonight - loved it when she told Mike that they would be better off without him around.

Yes he dug the grave - just Abu Nazir messing with Brody's head and adding to the subterfuge, or was Walker's burial for real?

and I thought Dana was superb again too - she knows how to get under her Mum's skin doesn't she? :D
    I'm not sure whether to trust Eileen. Would she give Saul information that quickly? Earlier she told Saul that he didn't know her....(what she was like)

Yeah the CIA are taking what she says at face value pretty early on. Also, If Saul is the mole - what a great way to get to Aileen before the CIA/FBI get their hands on her?
    I think her breaking point was hearing that the man she loved wouldn't get a decent Muslim burial if no one claimed his body. Saul read her very well and went for a softly softly approach.

Yes it seems that's what softened Aileen up - but Aileen knows more than she's let on.

I'm sure her and Raquim's house has a lovely view from their roof - but her being around to show it off to Walker (or whoever) means she's either heavily involved in the plot or it's all an elaborate lie to take the CIA off the scent somewhere else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Non the wiser after all that.:mad::mad::D:D

So:-
    Aileen is telling the truth, or lying.

Brody is not a traitor, or he is.

Walker was turned and is alive and on a mission. Or Aileen was lying to take the heat off of Brody.

yep, summed it up pretty well there BK :D
    elfcurry wrote: »
    But why is everyone so ready to believe that Walker is still alive based only on an artist's impression from an unreliable/hostile witness? That's not proof he's alive.

Even if Walker is alive, why would the 'mission' require him to wander about on a roof to reccy for an assassination attempt? Any of their side could do it. And how would he enter the US, and why? If they established his 'death' isn't it risky having him walking around where he might be recognised?

You said it better than I just tried to. :) The trust in Aileen's tetimony is staggering - but given more weight because it's Saul who's "broken" her. Aileen,Saul or both could still be playing their games and diverting energy and attention away from somewhere else....
    Sounds like he's got a case of Stockholm syndrome.
    He said Issa was a guard. Maybe Issa was a nickname for Abu Nazir? Brody said he had grown to love the man because he showed him kindness. Hard to tell what the truth is in this show.

Understandable stockholm syndrome but if Issa is also Abu Nazir then the CIA really have dropped a bollock here.

Brody now has Carrie as putty in his hands and can tell her anything to sway things one way or the next. I don't buy the "I was embarrassed" line about denying knowing Abu Nazir one bit.

The writing and Damian Lewis' performance with Brody is so good. Just when you're thinking you're working him out, he flips something on its head or adds something ambiguous to not quite convince you either way. Superb. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    Did Saul say the car journey was going to take at least 25 hours? Why would the FBI let him drive Aileen for that long without sleeping? (Or are we supposed to assume they had a break to sleep which wasn't shown?)

I'm just surprised Saul and Carrie had time away from finding out more from Raquim's murder really. And now I'm thinking of it - if Brody is in on the plot - him dragging Carrie away at that weekend would help Abu Nazir's hitmen to avoid detection no end. :confused:
    Gosh, I'd thought you would all be raving about that episode only to read people saying they're disappointed and some were even falling asleep.
    I thought the scenes between Carrie and Brody were very powerful. Exceptional actually.

Agree. Brilliant ep.
    J-J wrote: »
    I am loving Homeland, i think there are elements of it which are a little unbelievable but i use my brain in work all day so when i sit down to watch TV i dont analysis every little element of the story i just let it flow and try not to pick holes as its a pointless exercise, you just have to enjoy the good parts of the show and for me these out weigh the minor plot holes.

I thought the Brody & Carrie scenes were excellent, great how their relationship has developed on a scale which neither expected or realised, i think both actors are doing a great job.

It's still great to get in amongst those plot holes and try and eke out every little nuance and detail though isn't it? I'm enjoying watching something that gets the cogs whirring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phew that's me up to date....:D

and I really enjoyed playing catch up on this thread - it's a gem! Fascinating read. :cool:
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    tealady wrote: »
    Yes we assume they had a sleep, after all we saw them stop for a meal. The series does not have a linear timeline eg the death of Lynne, Carrie and Brody's weekend.

Weren't they being trailed by security men, that we saw
    getting out of cars as Saul finished the journey? I assume they
    would have made sure Aileen didn't escape.
  • Options
    squadgesquadge Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denley wrote: »
    I
    And anyone else think it's odd a load of houses offer a clear line of sight for a sniper to overlook a pristinely signposted "MARINE-ONE" helipad????:rolleyes::p

This is something that keeps jarring with me (and I've mentioned it before). It also annoys siblings and friends who live in the area. Marine 1 is not kept at Dulles. I believe it is based at Quantico. If it has moved, then it would move to the Marine Barracks or some other such place. It is not at Dulles airport. Aside from Dulles and National (Regan) there are no other big airports. The new housing is symbolic of Dulles - National is an old airport with no room for new housing estates. The time lines of travel between locations in this series is way to short!

Saul drives from Mexico to DC via OHIO? Bit out of the way. 30 hours...maybe but not via Ohio.

Aside from this, I am enjoying the series. Who Issa is at the momment... a female? Damien is supberb as brody and loving the English props (brown ale, yorkshire gold).
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    I found the end of the ep a bit jarring, although good that they threw in the surprise about Walker and that it intruded on the pace and content of most of the rest of the ep. Are we to think that Brody's truth has now been told almost in full though? Surely not. ;)

In terms of Brody and Carrie's relationship I got what I'd asked for in last week's ep i.e. for it to get more intense and complex. :)
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i felt this was the weakest episode(less 24,more soapy) but the last 10 mins were brilliant

now we know why brody lied(hes embarassed and used to it) but we can rule him out as a terrorist it seems

how many epsiodes left? 2?
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    how many epsiodes left? 2?

5 episodes left.
  • Options
    frattonstationfrattonstation Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    squadge wrote: »
    This is something that keeps jarring with me (and I've mentioned it before). It also annoys siblings and friends who live in the area. Marine 1 is not kept at Dulles. I believe it is based at Quantico. If it has moved, then it would move to the Marine Barracks or some other such place. It is not at Dulles airport. Aside from Dulles and National (Regan) there are no other big airports. The new housing is symbolic of Dulles - National is an old airport with no room for new housing estates. The time lines of travel between locations in this series is way to short!

Saul drives from Mexico to DC via OHIO? Bit out of the way. 30 hours...maybe but not via Ohio.

Aside from this, I am enjoying the series. Who Issa is at the momment... a female? Damien is supberb as brody and loving the English props (brown ale, yorkshire gold).

Just becasue the helipad is marked for Marine 1 doesn't mean it is based there. Just a designated spot for when it needs to use Dulles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    squadge wrote: »
    This is something that keeps jarring with me (and I've mentioned it before). It also annoys siblings and friends who live in the area. Marine 1 is not kept at Dulles. I believe it is based at Quantico. .
    Just becasue the helipad is marked for Marine 1 doesn't mean it is based there. Just a designated spot for when it needs to use Dulles.

Found this on Wiki:-
    President Barack Obama boards Marine One on the South Lawn on the White House en route to Dulles International Airport, outside Washington, D.C., where he will board Air Force One for the flight to the Middle East and Europe, June 2, 2009. Air Force One departed from Dulles instead of Andrews Air Force Base as it needed a longer runway because of the fuel load required to make the trip non-stop to King Khalid International Airport in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Barack_Obama_board_Marine_One_on_the_South_Lawn.jpg

So Dulles is used on occasions for Air Force One. The sniper(if Aileen's story is true) would have to know the Presidents Itinerary well in advance. How would he know the President would take the helicopter from The White House to Dulles? Or are the Presidents trips announced in advance? Not sure about that.
  • Options
    frattonstationfrattonstation Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    someone on the inside could pass on the info...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    President Barack Obama boards Marine One on the South Lawn on the White House en route to Dulles International Airport, outside Washington, D.C., where he will board Air Force One for the flight to the Middle East and Europe, June 2, 2009. Air Force One departed from Dulles instead of Andrews Air Force Base as it needed a longer runway because of the fuel load required to make the trip non-stop to King Khalid International Airport in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Barack_Obama_board_Marine_One_on_the_South_Lawn.jpg

So Dulles is used on occasions for Air Force One. The sniper(if Aileen's story is true) would have to know the Presidents Itinerary well in advance. How would he know the President would take the helicopter from The White House to Dulles? Or are the Presidents trips announced in advance? Not sure about that.

PS
    The helicopters used to ferry the Pres. are from a dedicated Marine unit. That's why the choppers are called Marine One. The big jets used to fly the Pres long distances are flown and maintained by the US Air Force. That's why they are called Air Force One. If an Army plane was used to carry the President it would be called Army One.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    someone on the inside could pass on the info...

We are back to the mole again???:D:D
  • Options
    Kat 68Kat 68 Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    I am absolutely loving this series, best thing I've watched in a long time. Thought last Sundays episode was a real wow episode. I really hope the series doesn't have a disappointing end and the writers aren't just making up as they go along. Hope they always had a beginning, middle and ending planned well in advance. Hopefully lots of twists and surprises still to come.

One thing puzzling me. When Carrie asked Brody what he gets up to in the garage why did he not question her as to how she knew he went there so often?
  • Options
    squadgesquadge Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, damn - learn something new everyday - In my day AF1 used to take off/land exclusively from Bolling. Probably refueld in Ramstein or even Mildenhall. Just goes to show... I know nothing. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat 68 wrote: »
    I am absolutely loving this series, best thing I've watched in a long time. Thought last Sundays episode was a real wow episode. I really hope the series doesn't have a disappointing end and the writers aren't just making up as they go along. Hope they always had a beginning, middle and ending planned well in advance. Hopefully lots of twists and surprises still to come.

One thing puzzling me. When Carrie asked Brody what he gets up to in the garage why did he not question her as to how she knew he went there so often?

He'd already guessed by that point that she'd had him under surveillance
  • Options
    Kat 68Kat 68 Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    SourCherry wrote: »
    He'd already guessed by that point that she'd had him under surveillance

Thank you. Have missed bits as have to keep explaining things to hubby who has only watched about 3 episodes and doesn't really get what's going on! I intend to watch the whole series through again once it's ended and there's not many programmes I do that with but this has got me so gripped.
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I linked on to US pace :mad::mad:

Luckily, I only looked at the last post which was in a spoiler anyway. Haven't spoilt it for myself but it's so easy to make the mistake..:(
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before Homeland aired in the UK the US pace thread was dead. I had a look at the first 3 pages of US pace and it takes us upto the episode where we are now in the UK. Now it's picked up awards and now getting rave reviews here in the UK people have started commenting more now in the US pace thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Understandable stockholm syndrome but if Issa is also Abu Nazir then the CIA really have dropped a bollock here.

Brody now has Carrie as putty in his hands and can tell her anything to sway things one way or the next. I don't buy the "I was embarrassed" line about denying knowing Abu Nazir one bit.

The writing and Damian Lewis' performance with Brody is so good. Just when you're thinking you're working him out, he flips something on its head or adds something ambiguous to not quite convince you either way. Superb. :D

I wonder what Abu Nazir got Brody to do for him. If Brody bonded emotionally with his captor( Abu Nazir) then he would've done anything for Abu Nazir. I thought the 'embarrassed' line was referring to him feeling ashamed at how he was manipulated by Abu Nazir and didn't want to admit it. I'm probably wrong.:D

Agree with you about Brody - he's got one over on Carrie, but the last scene with him crying, showed us how messed up his life is. He's got no friends.:(
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just surprised Saul and Carrie had time away from finding out more from Raquim's murder really.
    It's a team thing! Getting something out of Aileen was important and Saul does seem the best one to do it.
    Tech guy is the best one to analyse the polygraph. Carrie seems to do what she wants anyway!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Before Homeland aired in the UK the US pace thread was dead. I had a look at the first 3 pages of US pace and it takes us upto the episode where we are now in the UK. Now it's picked up awards and now getting rave reviews here in the UK people have started commenting more now in the US pace thread.

The headings are almost identical, that's the problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I linked on to US pace :mad::mad:

Luckily, I only looked at the last post which was in a spoiler anyway. Haven't spoilt it for myself but it's so easy to make the mistake..:(

I've followed minkski's advice and subcribed to this thread now so I won't make that mistake. It's easier to find the regular threads I post on too - don't know why I didn't do this before? :o:rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.