Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• FlannyFlanny Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Smart Camera advert where everyone is saying wow gets on my tits.
  • OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LYNN(E) wrote: »
    And what an obnoxious brat she is :mad: needs a good smack talking to her dad like that
    another hideous advert to add to the list:mad:

Agreed. He should simply say "sorry, my teenage dependent, who do you think bought you the clothes you are wearing, let alone the ticket to travel? Your mum and I. Respect your elders and shut up or go have a walk around town. I'm you're dad, you aren't my parent and as such I think until your an adult you'll do what you are told or can find someone else to leech of for your leisure and comforts. Now get out of my way, I am trying to tan my cheeks in these speedos and you're in my way."

I'm really sick of the weak parenting/kids know better dynamic they try to push in marketing when kids today can barely tell fact from fiction half the time.
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listerine Smart Rinse - I really hate the way the boy just SNATCHES the controller off the girl after he has finished brushing his teeth. Such rude behaviour! :mad:

Calm down dear its only and advert!!!!
  • sam malone55sam malone55 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    mel_drew wrote: »
    Lots of appalling adverts on nowadays, but there's still only the Parkinson flogging life assurance one that makes me dive for the mute button.

I'd enjoy shoving his free Parker pen up his jacksie.

Thought the ragged faced knob had retired/died.

Check this out for sheer awfulness,an american advert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p5fhPkdJZM

Seriously that caveman moron that is beckham is not that widely known in the USA.
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    I know I'm swimming against the tide here but I really like the Argos Aliens :o

/monotone
    ging-gang-gooly- gooly

:D

Me too, I think they're cute.

The flatulent OAP puppets for Wonga loans ("slaaaaaaiders") makes me want to heave bricks.
  • Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I, like others, am getting heartily sick of the BT adverts, especially the current "Duran Duran" one, which is totally unfeasible. There is no way that the girl would like Duran Duran more than current or recent music. And of course, that man is over 30 right?
  • chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,807
    Forum Member
    Joe19 wrote: »
    I, like others, am getting heartily sick of the BT adverts, especially the current "Duran Duran" one, which is totally unfeasible. There is no way that the girl would like Duran Duran more than current or recent music. And of course, that man is over 30 right?

I always prefered older music when I was a teenager,so not totally unfeasible...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

Does anyone know the music on the ITV 2012 euro promo it starts with "It only takes a moment".

I can't find in on youtube or anywhere.
  • Miss_MaladroitMiss_Maladroit Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    chuffster wrote: »
    I always prefered older music when I was a teenager,so not totally unfeasible...

I was the same. I honestly don't get why people have such a problem with the girl enjoying Duran Duran!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The woman cooking mico rice that refuses to come out of the microwave until the gormless bloke tells it it has not artificial ingredients drives me just nuts.Jees the actors must have been embarrased to death having to talk such claptrap. However it has a long way to go before it is as bad as my all time hated ad.Halifax issa issa baby.aaaarrrrgh.
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The current ad for Cheerios has put me off buying them ever again. The exec who imagined that an obnoxious little brat might be attractive to viewers, needs to think about getting out of advertising.

Ditto all of the feeble Boots ads. I'll never buy anything from them again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darkisland wrote: »
    The current ad for Cheerios has put me off buying them ever again. The exec who imagined that an obnoxious little brat might be attractive to viewers, needs to think about getting out of advertising.

Why do advrtisers seem to think that the more irritating the ad the more likely to want to buy them product , when actually it is having the opposite effect.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    Why do advrtisers seem to think that the more irritating the ad the more likely to want to buy them product , when actually it is having the opposite effect.

In my case, that's true.

I would NEVER do business with GoCompare for example, just because their adverts piss me off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was the same. I honestly don't get why people have such a problem with the girl enjoying Duran Duran!

Me either
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darkisland wrote: »

Advertisers seem to think that the more irritating the ad the more likely to want to buy the product , when actually judging by some of the comments on here it is having the opposite effect.I cannot bear Claire Sweeny wittering about shape sure, purse friendly rubish clothes out of some crap catalogue.But even if I thought the clothes were fantastic I would never buy them because im so irrirated by the ad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woops sent first thread to early before I had finished writing .
    Forum Member
    Me either

Me either.

I love Duran Duran...and Rebecca Night :D
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    The Lucozade sport ad with Ashley 'Diver' Young - the horrible voiceover in that 'urban' accent. Horrible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me either.

I love Duran Duran...and Rebecca Night :D

I love Duran Duran and Depeche Mode too :)
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    That Subways ad with a pair of apparently British Olympic athletes (never heard of them) going on about their favourite sandwiches.

The ad's irritating but I doubt Olympic athletes are going to be frequenting subways too often in the run up to the games.
    Forum Member
    KIA

Another twee girly version of a song

In this case "Ever Fallen In Love With Someone"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KIA

I am sick of those cover versions, they seem to be endless!
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    KIA

No! I love the original song by The Buzzcocks
    My god I hate this trend of twee covers :(
    I'm going to try my best to avoid this advert
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll be "tweeing" Nazi Punks **** Off by Dead Kennedys next.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Golf insurance.

Fricking GOLF insurance.
This discussion has been closed.