The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    djc_22 wrote: »
    Or maybe they don't want Alex to outshine the coaches ;)

THIS. :D
    Forum Member
    Smdh at what I found, this isn't even debatable because the answer's obvious.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120411054245AACswF7
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    If it would be a Xfactor vs The Voice battle on Saturday night, yes then she may not get invited, but It's not so i don't see the wrong

Afterall Jessie J performed on The Xfactor too and The Voice too!
  • djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    Smdh at what I found, this isn't even debatable because the answer's obvious.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120411054245AACswF7

What a stupid question :yawn: :rolleyes: SMH I've nothing againts Pixie but seriously, they couldn't even pick someone that could be debatable like you said.

Pixie fans will obviously say that she is a better singer. LOL :D:D
    Forum Member
    What a stupid question :yawn: :rolleyes: SMH I've nothing againts Pixie but seriously, they couldn't even pick someone that could be debatable like you said.

Pixie fans will obviously say that she is a better singer. LOL :D:D

What angers is me they say it like it's a fact...lord help them. :yawn:

Can't believe it's only 1 day left till we hear Let It Go.:eek::eek::D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What angers is me they say it like it's a fact...lord help them. :yawn:

Can't believe it's only 1 day left till we hear Let It Go.:eek::eek::D:D

I know. I'm so excited to hear it. I just hope it lives up to the hype that I'm getting from all the positive comments about the song. :)
    Forum Member
    I know. I'm so excited to hear it. I just hope it lives up to the hype that I'm getting from all the positive comments about the song. :)

I have no doubt it'll be amazing, I'm so ready for this!!!! :D
  • mememeemememee Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow just came on and noticed 5 new pages, so I thought the song had premiered or something! Was so excited :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-txhzYRALs
    Jessie J wears practically the same tights as Alex and gets no hate, whereas Alex got slaughtered!
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mememee wrote: »
    Wow just came on and noticed 5 new pages, so I thought the song had premiered or something! Was so excited :(

I reckon we'll get a Part 8 once the song premieres....people will be going into overdrive....well I will anyway lol....

I'm just waiting to Let It Go....I need this song in my life...:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie J wears practically the same tights as Alex and gets no hate, whereas Alex got slaughtered!

Tbh I don't get it when people call Alex 'man-ish' and horrible for wearing tights etc...yes some of her outfits are not hot in any way, but does she really deserve to be compared to John Fashanu etc, when you have Jessie J running around with that horrible hair (real or fake? I just don't know) and the awful clothes that she wears yet she gets away with minimal criticism....just saying...because imo Jessie and Alex dress similarly in some ways...

All of Alexandra's gym work looks like it's paid off though because she looks incredible in those pics on the set of the video...:D
  • universetippinguniversetipping Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The people who comment on those articles are hypocrites.

If she was out of shape, they would slate her too.

The Daily Mail is such a vile rag, it's so damaging for women's body image issues.

People just can't win. :sleep:
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I reckon we'll get a Part 8 once the song premieres....people will be going into overdrive....well I will anyway lol....

I'm just waiting to Let It Go....I need this song in my life...:D:D:D

I know I will be!!!! :eek::D

I'm ready for this...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I will be!!!! :eek::D

I'm ready for this...:D

Loool....same...I'm totally ready for this, and I have been for weeks....just bring on the new music....it's only hours until we hear it now as Alex has declared her usual countdown....so it's definitely coming in the very near future...:D
  • *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member

Yikes....Jessie is very inconsistent in her vocals...sometimes she sounds good but it seems like she doesn't really know her voice very well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Liya* wrote: »
    Yikes....Jessie is very inconsistent in her vocals...sometimes she sounds good but it seems like she doesn't really know her voice very well

I agree, she sounds dreadful there. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Liya* wrote: »

She was horrendous on the X Factor....Misha B sang her song better than her...tbh I actually think Alex is far more capable as a vocalist than Jessie...it seems like Jessie has no control over her vocals whereas Alexandra knows her limits and doesn't cross the line...especially with her high notes...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't want to start bashing other artists but I really don't *get* her as an artist.

"Do It Like A Dude" was great but it was a steady decline afterwards.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope that disgrace gets what she deserves...poor Alex must be so upset with all these twitter freaks threatening her...that girl should be arrested tbh...this is someones life she is threatening to destroy how dare she SMH...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Jessie is amazing! Anyway this is about Alex not every other artist.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    She was horrendous on the X Factor....Misha B sang her song better than her...tbh I actually think Alex is far more capable as a vocalist than Jessie...it seems like Jessie has no control over her vocals whereas Alexandra knows her limits and doesn't cross the line...especially with her high notes...

I don't think Alex will go overboard. I also don't think she can. She knows her voice so well that oversinging/screaming feels weird. She has the perfect vocal. I like Jessie but her vocal (very much like Nicki's rap noises) noises can mess up her live vocal and are unpleasant to the ear (ie Domino on the Voice US). I want her to never overdo it, I mean less than a year or so into your career? WTF? And it came back, when her voice gave in when she was on tour. To say Alex is a contralto, her high notes are very powerful, not weak/falsetto like, I love how she's vocally developed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are bound to get some info regarding the premiere of Let It Go today. Roll on tomorrow even though I might not get to hear it :( lol
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    And judging from what I saw on itunes, Elephant has more or less just come out in Belgium, it was released last monday. That explains why it wasn't even charting there (on the top 1000) as Alex has a fan base there. Let's hope European promo for it starts in the next 2 weeks. It should be the lead single there IMO, and 1st here. Lana del Rey had 2 singles here and 1 globally for BTD.
    Forum Member
    I reckon she'll confirm late on in the day, where and when. :)
This discussion has been closed.