Thanks for everyone for making this forum great this year!

Comments

• Lisa670Lisa670 Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    nattoyaki wrote: »
    Not silly at all, perfectly natural, really glad you got stuck in :)

I wouldn't, however, suggest trying BB just because you enjoy the forum, that would be like joining the army because you like a bit of exercise :p
    Thank you :) Yes you're probably right. I usually watch CBB but start to get bored by the final week, so, I doubt if I'd get through 3 months lol. So I'll hopefully see you all in September.
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just reading this and remembering some of the madness of the old days.

I used to post on Ch4 - things used to get very heated and it was a mad, crazy dash to type out your rants/posts before the midnight deadline.

So infuriating to be adding the full stop to a lengthy post and then .............BANG - shut down>:(

I guess we couldn't be trusted to stay up all night ;-)

I do seem to remember our curfew was relaxed for about an hour on eviction nights.

I don't think that kind of passion will ever be re ignited.:)

Happy days.

Oh yes Penny I forgot about the curfew on the channel 4 forum, it was great posting there though and some really great debates! Those were the best days for me, I was over there the year Rachel won and that was an amazing year, my best. Plus the year Brian Bello won, although I wasn't a fan of him I loved the twins abs Chanelle was quite a character with Ziggy!
  • cate o connorcate o connor Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    I dipped a toe in initially to test the water, which turned out to be very warm and welcoming. I was recently widowed, and have enjoyed the company. Thanks to everyone.

I have to say that my favourite time was the "David's Dead" scenario. That rather surprised me, given where I am right now, but I honestly found it to be one of the funniest, completely unscripted bits of TV ever. My next door neighbour came round to see if I was alright. I think she thought I'd completely lost it and was about to cart me off to the Home for the Befuddled!
  • Lily DarlingLily Darling Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Salv* and everybody, and a special thanks to all who posted links to articles, videos etc. and of course last but by no means least, KT for the transcripts. Above and beyond the call of duty.:D
    Sometimes I think I won't watch it again, but I do, and this summer BB will have a nice new house and I want to see what it looks like. Perfect excuse.;-)

Take care. X
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Salv* and everybody, and a special thanks to all who posted links to articles, videos etc. and of course last but by no means least, KT for the transcripts. Above and beyond the call of duty.:D
    Sometimes I think I won't watch it again, but I do, and this summer BB will have a nice new house and I want to see what it looks like. Perfect excuse.;-)

Take care. X

Yes I think a few of us have threatened to leave the last few BBs because the producers have so much interference these days and give certain housemates a hard time but I don't s'pose that will change anytime soon! We will have to see what the next BB brings and decide then! Nice to chat though folks so I will be back here in the summer!
  • pixiebootspixieboots Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dipped a toe in initially to test the water, which turned out to be very warm and welcoming. I was recently widowed, and have enjoyed the company. Thanks to everyone.

I have to say that my favourite time was the "David's Dead" scenario. That rather surprised me, given where I am right now, but I honestly found it to be one of the funniest, completely unscripted bits of TV ever. My next door neighbour came round to see if I was alright. I think she thought I'd completely lost it and was about to cart me off to the Home for the Befuddled!

I'm so glad to hear that cate :)
    I was torn between being horrified at the thought of it but watched it anyway, it was actually very very funny.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member

What a lovely post. I'm glad it has been a comfort at such a difficult time.

I know what you mean about 'David's dead'. I've lost a lot of family recently, including my Mother and it should have been wrong laughing at something like that, but it was so natural and bizarre that there was something almost heartwarming about it. Demonstrating that life goes on and something almost joyful in its ridiculousness can come out of Death.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The forum will be quieting down after some time it's been fun.
    David Guest is dead
    Gemmas shoes
    Tiffany's funny reaction when angry and normal.
    Most shocking moment was when Tiffany came 4th :o

Hoping next BB will be a good one. I'm not sure how next CBB will top this I always prefer the January CBBs more than the summer one.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    I hadn't posted in here for ages, and I thought it was much more pleasant than a couple of years ago . however I also thought it was due to little or no interaction between posters , it was mostly comment after comment and little or no discussion. .
    Everyday loads of threads on the same subject with 2 or 3 posts.
    The forum was still better than the show. :D

In recent years, there's always seeded to be many people who wanted it that way, who seemed to think everyone should just post their own opinions and not interact with anyone else, except perhaps to agree; or who seemed to think opinions cannot be wrong and that anyone who dared to disagree with an opinion was denying the person's right to have it.

Anyway, I suspect that the main reason the forum was more 'positive' (if it actually was) is that the HMs were so poor that few of them had enough supporters to be a major presence in the forum, and the ones who did have a lot of support weren't in the sort of disagreement with each other that would have their supporters clashing too.
  • viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    In recent years, there's always seeded to be many people who wanted it that way, who seemed to think everyone should just post their own opinions and not interact with anyone else, except perhaps to agree; or who seemed to think opinions cannot be wrong and that anyone who dared to disagree with an opinion was denying the person's right to have it.

Anyway, I suspect that the main reason the forum was more 'positive' (if it actually was) is that the HMs were so poor that few of them had enough supporters to be a major presence in the forum, and the ones who did have a lot of support weren't in the sort of disagreement with each other that would have their supporters clashing too.

Since you didn't watch the show, I'm don't really think you're in a position to judge the HMs.

They weren't poor, they were actually, on the whole, rather interesting.

Back on topic, like others here, I really enjoyed the forum. Some great posts/posters, lots of laughs, very little real discord and overall a really nice atmosphere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Seriously!

I think this year was the best series (forum wise) to be on here, previous series there has been too many fights against supporters. This year, the forum has been hilarious. Thanks for such a laugh! :)
    Sod off!

..................Just kidding :p:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since you didn't watch the show, I'm don't really think you're in a position to judge the HMs.

They were extremely poor, and uninteresting, which is why I watched so little. (Presumably some people thought they were interesting but, but forum posts failed to reveal what made them so.)

Also, it was clear from reading the forum that what I said was essentially correct: few of them had enough supporters to be a major presence in the forum, and the ones who did have a lot of support weren't in the sort of disagreement with each other that would have their supporters clashing too.

What alternative explanation can you offer?
    Back on topic, like others here, I really enjoyed the forum. Some great posts/posters, lots of laughs, very little real discord and overall a really nice atmosphere.

Like a big appreciation thread.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member

Hear hear Viva. :)
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    They were extremely poor, and uninteresting, which is why I watched so little. (Presumably some people thought they were interesting but, but forum posts failed to reveal what made them so.)

Also, it was clear from reading the forum that what I said was essentially correct: few of them had enough supporters to be a major presence in the forum, and the ones who did have a lot of support weren't in the sort of disagreement with each other that would have their supporters clashing too.

For some of us the glass is half full. For others it is half empty. And then there are those for whom finding other people's glasses are half full, feels compelled to tip them over. We are all different. :)
  • viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member

Maybe start a new thread if you're so determined to pursue this rather than souring this really nice, positive one with your - what seems to me - general and determined disgruntlement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some of us the glass is half full. For others it is half empty. And then there are those for whom finding other people's glasses are half full, feels compelled to tip them over. We are all different. :)

So no alternative explanation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe start a new thread if you're so determined to pursue this rather than souring this really nice, positive one with your - what seems to me - general and determined disgruntlement.

I made a comment; no one had to reply. Put me on ignore if you have that sort of view of me. (Click on my name beside one of my posts; go to my profile; and there you should see a link that will put me on your ignore list.)

Other people have made related or similar points. For instance

* "the series was that poor I don't think people could really work up any passion"

* "I also thought it was due to little or no interaction between posters , it was mostly comment after comment and little or no discussion."

* "and there not being too many people that were such fans of a HM that they'd argue"

* "I think it helps when you're not a big fan of any particular HM and can see the good and bad points of all of them."

* "far fewer rabid fans."

* "I agree there hasn't been that much indepth discussion and I miss posters like bluntbob and a few other who uses to do really in depth threads."

* "previous series there has been too many fights against supporters"

Many more and better examples can be found in other threads.
    Salv* wrote: »
    Oh for sure. I was a lurker during BB7 but it was horrific reading! :o

And why was that? What people usually mention is the Nikki vs Aisleyne fan wars. Which is what happens when HMS who have a lot of support are in the sort of disagreement with each other that has their supporters clashing too. That's what seemed to be missing this time, resulting in a more 'harmonious' forum.
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    So no alternative explanation.

Some good HMs, production were worse than ever can have been expected, even going on recent years, and a majortiy saw through the farce for the first time imho. Hence just generally jolly good fun on the forum, as anything else would be like having a hate filled argument about which Tellytubby eats the most Tubby Toast :)
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only really joined in on the last night, good fun though.

BB helped me through miserable January again.

Have a lovely Spring

X

Yes, that is one of it's saving graces, to be on in winter . I used to stare in amazement at some of them sitting in that garden in the nightime in flimsy clothes and even Tiff used to sit there with bare feet :o:D
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    mysty211 wrote: »
    The forum will be quieting down after some time it's been fun.
    David Guest is dead
    Gemmas shoes
    Tiffany's funny reaction when angry and normal.
    Most shocking moment was when Tiffany came 4th :o

Hoping next BB will be a good one. I'm not sure how next CBB will top this I always prefer the January CBBs more than the summer one.

Yes me too.

I don't know if it that I'm doing more in the summer so more likely to miss at least some of but the Summer one never seems to 'grab' my interest in the way the January one does.

I gave up with civilian BB when Ch4 stopped it - i'd struggled to maintain my interest for a few years prior to that anyway. I think BCC5 was the last one that really interested me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nattoyaki wrote: »
    Some good HMs, production were worse than ever can have been expected, even going on recent years, and a majortiy saw through the farce for the first time imho. Hence just generally jolly good fun on the forum, as anything else would be like having a hate filled argument about which Tellytubby eats the most Tubby Toast :)

I've read a lot of the forum, and I don't think "just generally jolly good fun" really fits. Perhaps it depends on which threads you read. (WHATM threads are generally much more fun than threads typically are.)

And, apart from some people who thought Tiffany was doing an RTV parody, there didn't seem to be anything that looked like there might be more "seeing through the farce" than usual. Certainly, people didn't seem to be seeing through the farce when it came to the deception that may have got some votes for Scotty, or when people thought the edit was being used against John or Tiffany. Or when people made unpleasant, insulting posts about Stephanie.

I'm not sure quite what you have in mind with the Teletubby comparison, but it doesn't make them sound like compelling housemates.

The only HM who seemed to generate much enthusiasm were David Gest, Tiffany and, to a lesser extent, John and (at times) Steph.

But none of them were in the sort of 'Nikki vs Aisleyne' relationship that gets supporters fighting supporters like rats in a sack.
  • ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    as ever, the forum has been often wrong... but it has been a fun read and laugh...

of course "none of you are going to watch it any more" so will no doubt see you all again for the summer bb & cbb !! ;)

:D

I only said I wasn't going to finish watching the finale. :D
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    I've read a lot of the forum, and I don't think "just generally jolly good fun" really fits.

Well it does to me compared to previous years when many thought it was actually a serious reality TV show. I've watched, you haven't, so why you come on here being so negative about so many other posters I've no idea...

To everyone else - thankies :)
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I made a comment; no one had to reply. Put me on ignore if you have that sort of view of me. (Click on my name beside one of my posts; go to my profile; and there you should see a link that will put me on your ignore list.)

Other people have made related or similar points. For instance

* "the series was that poor I don't think people could really work up any passion"

* "I also thought it was due to little or no interaction between posters , it was mostly comment after comment and little or no discussion."

* "and there not being too many people that were such fans of a HM that they'd argue"

* "I think it helps when you're not a big fan of any particular HM and can see the good and bad points of all of them."

* "far fewer rabid fans."

* "I agree there hasn't been that much indepth discussion and I miss posters like bluntbob and a few other who uses to do really in depth threads."

* "previous series there has been too many fights against supporters"

Many more and better examples can be found in other threads.

And why was that? What people usually mention is the Nikki vs Aisleyne fan wars. Which is what happens when HMS who have a lot of support are in the sort of disagreement with each other that has their supporters clashing too. That's what seemed to be missing this time, resulting in a more 'harmonious' forum.

It wasn't just them two and the 'wars' between fans but the forum is general. I saw a lot of people banned that year and quite nasty posters. It was basically YouTube comments on a BB Forum. Hence the reason I lurked for a further 4 years because I thought being new; I'd be unwelcome.
  • bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for another great series. See you in 2/3 months to do it all again :D