World Wrestling Entertainment II - No spoilers please (merged)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Def not buyin this PPV Sunday....All SD PPV's this year have been DREADFUL! Remember Great American Bash? Jesus....SmackDown really is down the toilet to be honest, I've completely stopped watching it, things such as Ken Kennedy does commentary on a Holly match this week for some reason, ends up hitting Holly in the head and now we gotta match for Sunday! WTF!!!! And a Handicap-Casket Match? Give me a break. There is no direction, no real build up, no real heat, no suspense in ANY of SD Storylines. Hard to believe sometimes that SD & Raw are part of the same company!

But to be fair, a lot of WWE's PPV's over the last couple years have, well, sucked. That sense of unpredictability like anything can happen at any given moment and all the backstage interaction has all gone. It's all just match, finish, match, finish, interview, match, finish etc etc. But hopefully with WWE's move "home" to USA they'll try and re-create the same formular for PPV's from 98/99....and do something about Smackdown, like a whole new creative team!
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a_reyes wrote:
    Def not buyin this PPV Sunday....All SD PPV's this year have been DREADFUL! Remember Great American Bash? Jesus....SmackDown really is down the toilet to be honest, I've completely stopped watching it, things such as Ken Kennedy does commentary on a Holly match this week for some reason, ends up hitting Holly in the head and now we gotta match for Sunday! WTF!!!! And a Handicap-Casket Match? Give me a break. There is no direction, no real build up, no real heat, no suspense in ANY of SD Storylines. Hard to believe sometimes that SD & Raw are part of the same company!

But to be fair, a lot of WWE's PPV's over the last couple years have, well, sucked. That sense of unpredictability like anything can happen at any given moment and all the backstage interaction has all gone. It's all just match, finish, match, finish, interview, match, finish etc etc. But hopefully with WWE's move "home" to USA they'll try and re-create the same formular for PPV's from 98/99....and do something about Smackdown, like a whole new creative team!

I hope you're right. At present Smackdown wastes it's undoubtedly talented wrestlers on very poor storylines.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Eddie Guerrero and John Cena will retain there titles to at least SS

Eddie hasn't even got the title yet :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    How good was Homecoming!!! Especially the Austin segmant, he needs to stick around for a while.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote:
    Eddie hasn't even got the title yet :eek:

Batista sorry
  • The NaitchThe Naitch Posts: 10,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a_reyes wrote:

To be fair, the best thing on Smackdown at the moment IS Ken Kennedy. As for the PPVs, I lost faith in Smackdown-brand PPVs after the GAB 2004. Raw PPVs have always been much better. In fact, I think every PPV in the first 6 months of this year were all given rave reviews, so maybe they're picking things up in that department.
  • Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wont bother with No Mercy this Sunday as everyones said Mr Kennedy is the best thing on smackdown and he's in a lame match which you know he's gonna win.

and whats the point in putting there other bright light Bobby Lashley in a match with a guy he squashed 3 weeks ago on smackdown :confused:

Eddies been quality reciently but its been a funny way to build up a title match.

tbh no one gives a crap about Orton / Taker anymore this is the new Eddie / Rey fued thats gone on way to long and if taker doesnt put Orton over then this fued has been completely pointless.

US title match isnt to bad but needs Christian to win (which he wont)

LOD and christy Hemme V MnM honestly who makes these matches up I would turn my nose up at that on velocity let alone a PPV.

Plus apparently a cruiserweight title match is announced after velocity this week (I wont spoil it for people who havnt read about it)

This is a prime example of a PPV which should be on sky sports the buy rate for sky will be awful.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the reason orton sucks is because they have given him to much to young it would be a step backwards to put him in for the american/intercontinetal titles and tag titles and know he would suck as champion for any length of time he was better as HHH's lacky.

I would like to see a Undertaker v Batista feud as i feel batista has had the belt far to long and they have built him up to much, Maybe a Brock Lesnar eturn could also add some intrest to smackdown.
  • wizard_ukwizard_uk Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    I hope they don't give the title back to HHH. He's back and the same old stuff again, out comes the sledgehammer, wack wack wack, someone's covered in blood and he's dragging <insert wrestler's name here> around the backstage area.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cena and batista should lose title on same night. like trips and jbl did. but then again survivor is next interpromotional ppv :)
  • Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We've had 2, 6 month title reigns from Batista & Cena and I have'nt really enjoyed either tbh..

Batista has been built up to such an extent (beating HHH 3 times, beating JBL at least 3 times) and smackdown is currently so poor I cant see who they could have beat Batista clean (Unless Lesnar comes back). They've thrown Eddie in after he got beat about 7 times by Mysterio which made no sense.

Cena is the wwe's clothes horse who imo I thinks bubbles bursting watch raw live and see how poor his reactions usually are he gets a few girls cheering him and a load of guys booing him. a heel turn would possibly rejuvenate his character somewhat (bring back his rapping promos as well :p). I'd like Angle to beat him but we all know that the Game is gonna be the next man to win the belt once this Flair fueds over.

I could see Cena losing at New Years Revolution then winning the rumble.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tallon2005 wrote:
    How good was Homecoming!!! Especially the Austin segmant, he needs to stick around for a while.

Well, a Hogan - Austin match would be absolute magic IMO :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote:
    Well, a Hogan - Austin match would be absolute magic IMO :cool:

Are you sure??? 2 broken wrestlers? whos going to carry who?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    umpa lumpa wrote:

And with two huge ego's as well. Who will accept being defeated by the other?

Of course, with Hogan's track record, this will have to be the main event as well...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    umpa lumpa wrote:

It's not so much the wrestling. That will obviously be limited given their respective physical conditions. It's more the clash of egos and personalities that I'm looking forward to.

As Damaja says, who will accept being defeated by the other ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and see how poor his reactions usually are he gets a few girls cheering him and a load of guys booing him

your joking right? cena gets more pop than any other raw superstar

anyways, randy is the man to take the WHT from batista :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote:
    It's not so much the wrestling. That will obviously be limited given their respective physical conditions. It's more the clash of egos and personalities that I'm looking forward to.

As Damaja says, who will accept being defeated by the other ?

Im not saying that I would not like to see it, because I would, but not for a wrestling bout like Angle v HBK.
    More of a 'wwe moment' like the Hogan - Rock moment.
    Forum Member
    Friday Night Smackdown
    Eddie Guerrero & Christian & Jbl V Batista & Rey Mysterio & Chris Benoit
    "Rowdy" Roddy Piper V Randy Orton & Cowboy Bob Orton
    Booker T V Orlando Jordan
    William Regal & Paul Burchill V Lod
    Hardcore Holly V Sylvan
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^
    seriously its spoiler....
  • dazza1956dazza1956 Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every week someone posts the matches i dont personally see it as a spoiler as its listed on wwe.com but some people do so i think its best to say dont post what matches are on smackdown until after the show.
  • DRofThuganomicsDRofThuganomics Posts: 4,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizard_uk wrote:
    I hope they don't give the title back to HHH. He's back and the same old stuff again, out comes the sledgehammer, wack wack wack, someone's covered in blood and he's dragging <insert wrestler's name here> around the backstage area.
    Not to mention completely no selling his opponents offence and then squashing them like a bug.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not to mention completely no selling his opponents offence and then squashing them like a bug.

HHH is the best in the business at selling moves, goodness he even made Batista look good. I think we've saw from Batista's recent feud with JBL that HHH done a lot of work to sell Batista.
  • NRGNRG Posts: 3,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HHH has piled on the beef since he was last in the ring.
    Looking a tad chunky around the mid-section indeed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NRG wrote:
    HHH has piled on the beef since he was last in the ring.
    Looking a tad chunky around the mid-section indeed.

He was a tad chunky for about 12 months before he left in June, he's looking a lot better now lol
    Forum Member
    ^
    seriously its spoiler....

Not a spoiler, posted on wwe.com. If it's posted in wwe.com in the preview then it isn't a spoiler.
This discussion has been closed.