Options

PVR 800T/80 problem [channel 5]

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
I have a Loewe Aconda TV and Humax PVR 800T/80 box, which I set up, and all was working well until recently. I had a problem with Channel 5, which was breaking up on digital, and the analogue signal had interference, both were unwatchable. When I turned off the box, the analogue signal was ok. An engineer told me that the box was tuned in to 36 and because 5 was on 35 it was too close and suggested tuning to a higher number, namely 60s. On the preferences menu I altered the uhf number to 63 and retuned. I still have the same problem and my analogue signal 1-5 now just shows a distorted picture of what’s on digital when the box is switched on. The box is fine on AV 2 (RGB scart) except of course for channel 5. Does anyone know if I’ve done something wrong? Or a way to remedy all this. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    JAK99JAK99 Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Some repeater transmitters use the higher frequencies but not knowing your location I cannot say if that applies to you.

Anyhow, try using lower channels instead (in the 20's) and see if that helps. Best to try and find out which channels are in use in your area and try and keep at least two away from any of them.

There is always the possibility that a harmonic from the Humax modulator is interfering, or it's just gone faulty and emitting some 'white noise' that is interferring. Retuning the Humax again may well solve it.