Series link ?

retrospekretrospek Posts: 2,538
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all,

I unfortunately lost my job yesterday and am having to review my current spending. One of the things on my list is to get rid of my Sky+ which is currently costing me over 30 pounds a month..

I'm thinking of getting a Humax PVR but one feature I really love with Sky+ is the easy way to do a series link..

Is it possible to do series link with a Humax ?

Thanks,

Mark

P.S. how long is the standard EPG on the Humax ? is it one week ?

Comments

• 18days18days Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to hear the bad news about your job.

Now about the humax. I cancelled my back sky in january and i have not missed it all (exept for 24).

The Series link button is not present, however you can set the box to record BBC1 at 21:00 every thursday, until you tell it to stop.

The only difference between this and the series link is if the program is shown at a different time than normal, it wont automaticaly change. But to be honest, saving £30-40 pounds a month it is worth it.

My missus complained for about a week, now she does not miss the sky box at all either.

It is an excellent peice of kit (one the bbc bug is sorted out), the best gadget in my house.

The EPG is one week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    retrospek wrote:
    Hi all,

I unfortunately lost my job yesterday and am having to review my current spending. One of the things on my list is to get rid of my Sky+ which is currently costing me over 30 pounds a month..

I'm thinking of getting a Humax PVR but one feature I really love with Sky+ is the easy way to do a series link..

Is it possible to do series link with a Humax ?

Thanks,

Mark

P.S. how long is the standard EPG on the Humax ? is it one week ?

Sorry about your job.

It's an 8 day EPG. There is no 'Series link' as such supported by any freeview receiver as linking data is not transmitted. There is however, the ability to shedule weekly or daily recordings. If you splash out for a Toppy, I hear there is an auto-record by name feature on that, but you have to dowload custom written features to it called TAPs.
  • retrospekretrospek Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information guys..

And thanks for the words about my job.. It was a shock to be told yesterday that after 20 years service I would no longer be needed.. :cry: