Options

Dancing On Ice Tour 2010!! Discussion and Scores

Comments

• Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lustin wrote: »
    I don't know but I would guess maby a combination of both. They choreograph the routine according to the ability of the skater I would guess so the level of difficulty is taken into account, or at least it should be!! Say Emily skated her routine perfectly, she still shouldn't get 30 because there's not nearly as much content as say Chris's routine, and she's not nearly as good a skater as him either or as Ray, Claire etc.

It seems Ray has been given a '5.5' routine then, not a '6.0' routine, but if that's the case, why don't T& D suggest ways for him to improve it:confused:

Look at his rock and roll routine from last year, we all know what he's capable of:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    xKatieLx wrote: »
    Was it Nicky? :D

I think Chris's dancing is quite good. :o OK it's not as good as Ray and Hayley but it's much better than the likes of Gary.

So do I!! I think it's different to the likes of Ray's and Hayley's..........but still good!! He's into street dancing whereas they seem more gracefull etc. (although I think Chris has improved ALOT on that front) but I don't think one style is better as such, it just depends what you're into!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    It seems Ray has been given a '5.5' routine then, not a '6.0' routine, but if that's the case, why don't T& D suggest ways for him to improve it:confused:

Look at his rock and roll routine from last year, we all know what he's capable of:)

Yea there's no question that Ray's capable of 6's!! But he did introduce a new routine so maby that was T&D's way for him to improve? Who knows? I think Nicky suggested he add a big 'wow' lift but even remembering Ray's routines from last year I don't think he was ever mad for the huge lifts, whether that's because T&D didn't give them to him because that's not where his strengths lie or just because.....we'll never know I guess?? Himself and Alex could always adapt their routine and stick one in I guess.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Just got home from my mammoth drive from Norwich to Manchester and back again in one day! I am shattered so will do a review of the afternoon show tomorrow night. Thought it was brilliant overall but there were some things I was disappointed with and some things I thought wasn't going to like but was pleasantly surprised by.

Thank you to Tiger Rose for putting up with me texting all the scores through and then posting them up here for everyone!
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So do I!! I think it's different to the likes of Ray's and Hayley's..........but still good!! He's into street dancing whereas they seem more gracefull etc. (although I think Chris has improved ALOT on that front) but I don't think one style is better as such, it just depends what you're into!!

I'd agree with this & remember Chris hasn't had the dance training that Hayley & Ray have.
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mnc wrote: »
    Just got home from my mammoth drive from Norwich to Manchester and back again in one day! I am shattered so will do a review of the afternoon show tomorrow night. Thought it was brilliant overall but there were some things I was disappointed with and some things I thought wasn't going to like but was pleasantly surprised by.

Thank you to Tiger Rose for putting up with me texting all the scores through and then posting them up here for everyone!

No probs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    I went to the show this afternoon at the MEN Arena, and as ever it was brilliant (3rd tour I have seen).

Glad Chris won as he was brilliant (and I voted for him). Hayley and Dan doing Bollywood was amazing; and Mikey was really entertaining and funny, bless him when he fell; had quite a laugh about it afterwards.

The funniest bit though, was after Chris' first skate, when he went over to talk to Andi, and he let out a funny snort involuntarily, everyone laughed loads and Andi made a joke about him having catarrh, and then he proper lost it and couldn't speak because he got a fit of the giggles which made everyone laugh all the more. Then Chris Dean got the mike and instead of talking did a snort to take the *** out of Chris and Andi was totally gone (and it was very very funny; hope someone has videoed it for YouTube!) Was the funniest moment I've ever seen on DOI live.

Apart from that, really loved the opening, and T&D doing Bolero with the silks (which I didn't really like on TV but it was awesome to see live). Ray was brilliant as usual, and he and Chris got the biggest cheers along with Hayley.

As usual it was over far too quickly. 4 hour round trip well worth it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea there's no question that Ray's capable of 6's!! But he did introduce a new routine so maby that was T&D's way for him to improve? Who knows? I think Nicky suggested he add a big 'wow' lift but even remembering Ray's routines from last year I don't think he was ever mad for the huge lifts, whether that's because T&D didn't give them to him because that's not where his strengths lie or just because.....we'll never know I guess?? Himself and Alex could always adapt their routine and stick one in I guess.

He did change to 'Stayin' Alive', which seemed to go down well with the crowd, but after a few shows he started doing 'I've Got A Feeling' again:confused: Whose suggestion it was to change back I don't know, but it's clear they think IGAF is a 5.5 routine:cool:

Tour moves to Nottingham now so maybe Ray and Alex will discuss what they can do to improve it;)
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I'm new here and as a big DOI fan its great to be able to keep up with who's winning what on the current tour. So, thanks to all who have taken the time to post scores and even full reviews - its really interesting. It would be nice to see someone other than Hayley and Chris skate Bolero a few times though!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome:)

Ray has done Bolero four times, and won three of them, but that's it - Hayley and Chris all the way:cool:
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Welcome:)

Ray has done Bolero four times, and won three of them, but that's it - Hayley and Chris all the way:cool:

Yeah I saw that about Ray - good but its not enough IMO!! Personally I rate him and Hayley about equally; last year everyone kept going on about him being 'the best we've ever had', yet now he struggles to even get in the top 2!? :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    Yeah I saw that about Ray - good but its not enough IMO!! Personally I rate him and Hayley about equally; last year everyone kept going on about him being 'the best we've ever had', yet now he struggles to even get in the top 2!? :eek:

i thinking he's doing very well for someone who has not skated since the last tour & only started training 3 weeks before the tour.

I acutally rate Chris & Rays, & Clares skating well above Hayleys- who has even said this on her Twitter. She's a great performer but has one amazing routine. If she does the tour next year - I don't think she would be doing as well as the three I mentioned -sorry just my opinion.

And as for saying the best we've ever had - don't they say that every year - its called selling the programme,making it look better than the last :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Got back an hour ago from tonight's show absolutly amazing!!! Chris won 4-1 against Hayley (Biggins voting for Hayley). I'm still in awe of all the dances!! Looking forward to next year now lol :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Hello all, just thought I'd post a link to my piccies from the Manchester show (Thurs 22nd). Sorry some of 'em are blurry, and the first few are pics from last years tour so don't be confused if you see Todd Carty on there!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=90181&id=668697154&l=8dcb465dbb
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the pics:D

I'm not on Facebook so thought I wouldn't be able to view them but I can:)
  • Options
    jackiebopsjackiebops Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the pics !! The ones at the end are especially fab - Chris D looks so handsome !! Loved the ones from last year as well - some very nice ones of Pav's bum :D;) .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jackiebops wrote: »
    Thanks for the pics !! The ones at the end are especially fab - Chris D looks so handsome !! Loved the ones from last year as well - some very nice ones of Pav's bum :D;) .

Heheh, indeed! Can you imagine me being there in the flesh... just a few meters away from DIVINE PAV-BUM?!! :D
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1st Tour Date
    Chris and Brianne 28.5
    Hayley and Daniel 27.0
    Ray and Alexandra 25.5
    Claire and Lucasz 22.5
    Mikey and Mel 20.0
    Gaynor and Matt 20.0
    Gary and Maria 19.5
    Emily and Fred 15.0

Bolero: Chris Vs Hayley

Winner- 3-2 to Hayley!

2nd Tour Date
    Hayley and Daniel 28.5
    Chris and Brianne 27.5
    Ray and Alexandra 26.0
    Clare and Lucasz 24.0
    Gary and Maria 22.0
    Gaynor and Matt 21.5
    Mikey and Mel 21.0
    Emily and Fred 16.5

Winner- 3-2 to Hayley!

3rd Tour Date
    Hayley and Daniel 29.0
    Chris and Brianne 28.5
    Clare and Lucasz 25.5
    Ray and Alexandra 24.5
    Gary and Maria 23.5
    Mikey and Mel 22.0
    Gaynor and Matt 21.5
    Emily and Fred 18.5

Winner- 4-1 to Hayley!

4th Tour Date
    Chris and Brianne- 30.0
    Hayley and Daniel- 29.0
    Ray and Alexandra- 27.5
    Gary and Maria- 24.0
    Mikey and Mel- 22.5
    Clare and Lucasz- 22.5
    Gaynor and Matt- 22.0
    Emily and Fred- 18.0

Bolero- Chris Vs Hayley

Winner- 4-1 to Chris

5th Tour Date
    Hayley and Daniel- 29.0
    Chris and Brianne- 28.5
    Ray and Alexandra- 26.5
    Clare and Lucasz- 24.5
    Mikey and Mel- 22.0
    Gary and Maria- 22.0
    Gaynor and Matt- 21.0
    Emily and Fred- 18.0

Winner- 5-0 to Hayley!

6th Tour Date
    Chris and Brianne- 30.0
    Hayley and Daniel- 28.5
    Ray and Alexandra- 26.0
    Clare and Lucasz- 25.0
    Gary and Maria-23.5
    Gaynor and Matt- 22.5
    Emily and Fred- 19.0
    Mikey and Mel- 17.0

Bolero- Chris Vs Hayley

Winner- 3-2 to Chris!

7th Tour Date- Brianne injured so no Chris and Brianne

Hayley and Daniel- 29.0
    Ray and Alexandra- 26.5
    Clare and Lucasz- 25.0
    Gary and Maria- 24.5
    Mikey and Mel- 21.5
    Gaynor and Matt- 21.0
    Emily and Fred- 19.0

Bolero- Hayley Vs Ray

Winner- 4-1 to Ray!

8th Tour Date
    Ray and Alexandra-28.5
    Hayley and Daniel- 28.5
    Clare and Lucasz -25.0
    Gary and Maria- 24.0
    Gaynor and Matt- 22.5
    Mikey and Mel- 22.0
    Emily and Fred- 18.5

Bolero- Hayley Vs Ray

Winner- 4-1 to Ray!

9th Tour Date
    Hayley and Daniel- 28.0
    Ray and Alexandra- 27.0
    Clare and Lucasz- 26.5
    Gary and Maria- 24.5
    Gaynor and Matt-24.0
    Mikey and Mel- 21.5
    Emily andd Fred- 19.0

Bolero- Hayley Vs Ray

Winner- 4-1 to Ray!

10th Tour Date
    Chris and Brianne- 29.5
    Hayley and Daniel- 28.0
    Ray and Alexandra- 27.5
    Clare and Lucasz- 25.5
    Gary and Mria- 21.0
    Mikey and Mel- 21.0
    Gaynor and Matt - 21.0
    Emily and Fred- 18.0

Bolero- Hayley Vs Chris

Winner- 3-2 to Chris!

11th Tour Date
    Chris and Brianne- 28.5
    Hayley and Daniel- 28.5
    Ray and Alexandra-26.5
    Clare and Lucasz- 24.5
    Gary and Maria-22.5
    Gaynor and Matt- 21.5
    Eily and Fred-19.5
    Mikey and Melanie-19.5

Bolero- Hayley Vs Chris

Winner- 3-2 to Chris!

12th Tour Date
    Chris and Brianne-29.5
    Hayley and Daniel- 28.0
    Ray and Alexandra- 28.0
    Clare and Lucasz- 24.5
    Gary and Maria-23.5
    Gaynor and Matt-22.0
    Mikey and Mel- 20.0
    Emily and Fred-19.5

Bolero: Hayley Vs Chris

Winner 3-2 to Chris!

13th Tour Date
    Chris and Brianne- 29.0
    Hayley and Daniel- 28.5
    Ray and Alexandra-27.0
    Clare and Lucasz- 24.5
    Gary and Maria- 23.5
    Gaynor and Matt- 23.0
    Mikey and Mel- 21.0
    Emily and Fred- 18.0

Bolero- Hayley Vs Chris

Winner- 4-1 to Hayley!

14th Tour Date
    Ray and Alexandra- 28.5
    Chris and Brianne- 28.5
    Hayley and Daniel- 28.0
    Clare and Lucasz- 25.0
    Gary and Maria -23.0
    Mikey and Mel- 21.0
    Gaynor and Matt- 20.5
    Emily and Fred- 18.0

Bolero- Hayley Vs Chris

Winner- 3-2 to Chris!

15th Tour Date
    Ray and Alexandra-28.5
    Hayley and Daniel- 28.5
    Chris and Brianne- 28.0
    Clare and Lucasz-25.5
    Mikey and Mel-23.0
    Gary and Maria-22.5
    Gaynor and Matt- 19.5
    Emily and Matt- 18.5

Bolero-Hayley Vs Ray

Winner- 3-2 to Hayley!

16th Tour Date

Chris and Brianne- 30.0
    Hayley and Daniel- 28.5
    Ray and Alexandra- 27.5
    Clare and Lucasz- 26.0
    Gary and Maria- 23.5
    Gaynor and Matt-22.0
    Mikey and Mel-22.0
    Emily and Fred-20.0

Bolero- Hayley Vs Chris

Winner- 4-1 to Chris!

17th Tour Date
    Chris and Brianne- 30.0
    Hayley and Daniel-29.0
    Ray and Alexandra-27.5
    Clare and Lucasz-26.0
    Gary and Maria-24.0
    Gaynor and Matt-23.0
    Mikey and Mel-22.5
    Emily and Fred-18.5

Bolero- Hayley vs Chris

Winner- 3-2 to Chris!

18th Tour Date
    Chris and Brianne-30.0
    Hayley and Daniel-29.0
    Ray and Alexandra-27.5
    Clare and Lucasz-25.0
    Gaynor and Matt-23.0
    Gary and Maria-22.5
    Mikey and Mel- 22.5
    Emily and Fred-18.5

Winner- 5-0 to Hayley!

19th Tour Date
    Chris and Brianne-30.0
    Hayley and Daniel-29.0
    Ray and Alexandra-27.0
    Clare and Lucasz-25.5
    Gary and Maria-24.5
    Mikey and Mel-22.5
    Gaynor and Matt-22.5
    Emily and Fred-20.0

Winner-4-1 to Chris!

20th Tour Date- I WENT
    Chris and Brianne-30.0
    Hayley and Daniel-29.0
    Ray and Alexandra-27.5
    Clare and Lucasz-26.0
    Gaynor and Matt-24.0
    Gary and Maria-23.0
    Mikey and Mell-22.5
    Emily and Fred-21.0

3-2 to Hayley!

21st Tour Date
    Hayley and Daniel-29.0
    Chris and Brianne-29.0
    Ray and Alexandra-28.0
    Clare and Lucasz-25.0
    Gary and Maria-24.5
    Gaynor and Matt-23.0
    Emily and Fred-21.0
    Mikey and Mel-20.0

Winner- 3-2 to Chris!

22nd Tour Date
    Chris and Brianne- 30.0
    Ray and Alexandra-28.0
    Hayley and Daniel-28.0
    Clare and Lucasz-24.5
    Gaynor and Matt-23.0
    Gary and Maria-23.0
    Mikey and Mel- 22.5
    Emily and Fred-20.5

Bolero- Hayley Vs Chris

Winner- 4-1 to Chris!
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wins
    Chris - 11
    Hayley- 8
    Ray- 3
    Everybody Else- 0

Runner Up
    Hayley- 14
    Chris-7
    Ray-1
    Everybody else- 0
  • Options
    jackiebopsjackiebops Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Droog83 wrote: »
    Heheh, indeed! Can you imagine me being there in the flesh... just a few meters away from DIVINE PAV-BUM?!! :D
    Is that a patented term !!!!!!!! It is indeed divine !! I'm gonna try and upload some pics later - unfortunately no bum shots tho' !! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jackiebops wrote: »
    Is that a patented term !!!!!!!! It is indeed divine !! I'm gonna try and upload some pics later - unfortunately no bum shots tho' !! :D

BAH!! ;):D

Re: Divine Pav-bum - I'm thinking of copyrighting the term so I get royalties every time it's coined :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not been online for the last few days, so I came on today, and things still haven't changed I see. Nice to see that Ray has been equalling Hayley's score for a couple of the shows, that should be good for him though. Shame he hasn't skated bolero a few more times though :(

If Nicky is saying that there is something missing from his routine (They may be, I wouldn't know for sure until I have seen it live) Then why aren't T&D helping to improve his routine? I say this as I presume that they are the ones who chereograph his routines. After all look at all the content that Chris has this year, Hayley's routine is a performers dream. Ray seems to have been left behind this year which is a shame. The same could be said for Clare as well sadly. If you compare their routines from previous years, it's clear that they are capable of so much more :( Ray's Rock n Roll routine last lear was fantastic, I'd love to see something like that again from him, I doubt we ever will tbh though. I loved Clare's Since you've been gone routine from series 2, but I think my favourite of hers has to be her routine from Kyran's ice party, that was simply beautiful and a routine like that would definatley get her some higher marks than what we are seeing this year.

But I guess we're going to have to accept the fact that it#s all about Chris and Hayley this year. Shame really, as I really thought that this years tour was going to be a close/interesting competition, yet it seems to me that it's the same every night. I'd like to come on here one night and have a complete wow moment, something that would really shock me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rach1989 wrote: »
    Not been online for the last few days, so I came on today, and things still haven't changed I see. Nice to see that Ray has been equalling Hayley's score for a couple of the shows, that should be good for him though. Shame he hasn't skated bolero a few more times though :(

If Nicky is saying that there is something missing from his routine (They may be, I wouldn't know for sure until I have seen it live) Then why aren't T&D helping to improve his routine? I say this as I presume that they are the ones who chereograph his routines. After all look at all the content that Chris has this year, Hayley's routine is a performers dream. Ray seems to have been left behind this year which is a shame. The same could be said for Clare as well sadly. If you compare their routines from previous years, it's clear that they are capable of so much more :( Ray's Rock n Roll routine last lear was fantastic, I'd love to see something like that again from him, I doubt we ever will tbh though. I loved Clare's Since you've been gone routine from series 2, but I think my favourite of hers has to be her routine from Kyran's ice party, that was simply beautiful and a routine like that would definatley get her some higher marks than what we are seeing this year.

But I guess we're going to have to accept the fact that it#s all about Chris and Hayley this year. Shame really, as I really thought that this years tour was going to be a close/interesting competition, yet it seems to me that it's the same every night. I'd like to come on here one night and have a complete wow moment, something that would really shock me.

Yes they do seem to be focussing on Chris and Hayley - as you say, why aren't T & D doing something about Ray's routine? Also why take away 'Stayin' Alive' when it was going down really well with the audience?

I also think it's a waste that people aren't getting to see Ray's Bolero:(

A shock - how about Gary scoring five 6.0's:confused:

Biggins giving Hayley a joint 5.0 with Nicky:confused:

Ray going next to last again - and staying there:eek:
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    I'm probably in a minority on here but Chris has been my favourite of all the series and I'm glad to see him doing well on the tour. I actually like the raw style he brought to the ice when he first appeard in the series, and if anything, although I think a bit more refinement is doing him favours, I kind of preferred him as he was before. I do like his partnership with Brianne though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    I'm probably in a minority on here but Chris has been my favourite of all the series and I'm glad to see him doing well on the tour. I actually like the raw style he brought to the ice when he first appeard in the series, and if anything, although I think a bit more refinement is doing him favours, I kind of preferred him as he was before. I do like his partnership with Brianne though.

No I don't think your in the minority in liking chris :) I think he's great and like you I have been a fan of his since series 3. I just think that a lot people expectedthe tour to be spread evenly between 3 or 4 people and it hasn't. I love Chris and I think his routines are amazing but I feel that thi year the tour has been all about him and Hayley and the others ie Ray and Clare have been forgotten about.