Options

Don't Tell The Bride - BBC 3

Comments

• Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Lets put it this way

I have one daughter and two sons, if my daughters other half had come up with this hairbrained idea I would have not gone to the wedding

Didnt he have any clue what kind of wedding he could have had in this country with a £12,000 budget, he could have had a terrific Las Vegas themed wedding with all the bells a whistles then they could have had a honeymoon in Vegas all he had to do was send a little card out with the invites saying they had everything they needed but for a gift could they have money to help towards a honeymoon

IMO he only wanted to go to Vegas for him and his 'Elvis' bestman

I dont give their marriage much of a chance
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ambermum wrote: »
    MeeleyMunch- I agree with you!! I once saw an episode in which the bride had a scrapbook since the age of 12 of weddings dresses she loved - and yet the groom still didn't know what she wanted?!?!?! Do these people not talk or communicate prior to the show?? Although I think that the voiceover just adds drama and a story because 99% of the time the bride's are happy with the dresses etc

oh come on, do you really expect men to know exactly what their fiance wants on their wedding day? They're not gonna sit down and look at a scrap book of wedding plans, paying attention to details. Wedding things look all the same to men lol, they dont care or know if a dress is ivory or not, has a fish tail or not etc.

Maybe im generalizing too much but certainly all the grooms who go on dont tell the bride are like this
  • Options
    riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the man on last nights show was a fool.

he didnt take anything into consideration about his gf. It was like he didnt know her at all.

The vegas wedding was all about him IMO. I think he was just happy having a holiday in america with his mate.

I think the sister should have gone with the bride, but i understand why she stayed behind.

Last nights show was a classic though:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was surprised how accepting the bride was at the end of the show saying she understands he had to leave people behind - i was thinking well not if he had stayed in the uk like she wanted to!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    LinziP123 wrote: »
    I was surprised how accepting the bride was at the end of the show saying she understands he had to leave people behind - i was thinking well not if he had stayed in the uk like she wanted to!!

Yeah but the producers wanted him to do the Vegas wedding, he probably wouldn't have got away with staying in the UK.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My problem was that he'd planned a British wedding in Las Vegas, if you're going to Las Vegas then surely you want the whole Las Vegas thing - an Elvis doing the ceremony, Elvis music playing, Hamburgers for the food, etc...

The wedding he planned was just a boring/typical Posh Stately Home wedding it's just they had to fly for miles to get to it.

Poor effort by that bloke!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitty_koo wrote: »
    oh come on, do you really expect men to know exactly what their fiance wants on their wedding day? They're not gonna sit down and look at a scrap book of wedding plans, paying attention to details. Wedding things look all the same to men lol, they dont care or know if a dress is ivory or not, has a fish tail or not etc.

Maybe im generalizing too much but certainly all the grooms who go on dont tell the bride are like this

You are joking, aren't you? If my partner and I were to go on this show, I'd make sure he knew every last detail of how I wanted our wedding day before filming started. I'd make him memorise it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are joking, aren't you? If my partner and I were to go on this show, I'd make sure he knew every last detail of how I wanted our wedding day before filming started. I'd make him memorise it!

I would as well, I already spend hours telling my boyfriend what I'd like at our wedding on the off chance that maybe in the future we might possibly apply, which we won't. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    My problem was that he'd planned a British wedding in Las Vegas, if you're going to Las Vegas then surely you want the whole Las Vegas thing - an Elvis doing the ceremony, Elvis music playing, Hamburgers for the food, etc...

The wedding he planned was just a boring/typical Posh Stately Home wedding it's just they had to fly for miles to get to it.

Poor effort by that bloke!

Exactly! I just didn't really understand why they had to go to Vegas for it!!

His facial expressions were hilarious - and he reminded me a bit of Matt Lucas!
  • Options
    calatheacalathea Posts: 780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elainey wrote: »
    Exactly! I just didn't really understand why they had to go to Vegas for it!!

His facial expressions were hilarious - and he reminded me a bit of Matt Lucas!

I said the same thing today, if you are going to do a Vegas wedding then do a Vegas wedding. I think he actually thought it looked good, rather than tacky. The only way to enjoy Vegas is to go as overtthe top as possible.
  • Options
    stewieguystewieguy Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If i had to organise our wedding on my own it would have looked... pretty much identical, even down to the dress. I also know that one way to utterly ruin our wedding would've been to invite a camera crew and turn the whole thing into cheap entertainment. I don't think blokes like me end up on programmer like that, so the muppets that do go on are self selecting and not necessarily representative.

Great car crash tv though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    kitty_koo wrote: »
    Her sister was the one watching the video with the other family members, the one at the airport who refused to go was her friend

No it wasnt, it was her sister, the blonde one, and it was HIS sister watching the video that couldnt go, along with the brides brother.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    The groom was a selfish idiot. He wanted what he wanted, not what they, not just she, wanted.

If I was her I'd have married the best man. He knew she liked sparklies when going out, when the groom didn't, and he warned him against both the trip and the dress. Plus, good singing voice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole thing just looked fake to me, it looked soo set up even the marriage looked fake, I thought the groom would would have been happier marrying this Elvis best man, shall we say they seemed very close, the body language between them seemed too close to me, I hope we haven't got more TV fakery on our hands here...it just seemed so wrong to me.

Great car crash TV..watching a bride having a nervous break down on the biggest day of her life..:eek:...:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    Anyone watching tonight? Winter themed wedding complete with penguins!
  • Options
    jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Well the bride seems alot nicer this week at least. Last week's bride seemed like such a cow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This weeks wedding seems lovely
    The couple seem genuine and completely in love
    A unique wedding beautifully executed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww i really liked the winter wonderland wedding :D seemed like a lovely couple and was nice that the wedding was different but everyone really enjoyed it.

First civil ceremony next week...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    That was my fave episode so far. They were so cute together and so understanding of each other's differences and really in love - I admit I cried at the end!

Am looking forward to next week's episode!!
  • Options
    KarmaChameleonKarmaChameleon Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved that episode too, they were both lovely. Her dress was beautiful and I think I would actually like that wedding for myself! I adore fake snow. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Civil Ceremony tonight!

Looking forward to seeing this. :)
  • Options
    tco200tco200 Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do wonder if the producers ask the brides to say they hate things that they actually like for the added drama.

There's no way a couple wouldn't discuss what they wanted in advance. Me and my wife planned the while thing together apart from the dress but I knew for a fact what kind of style she liked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bit boring so far

How did they not know about the 16 days notice? :confused:
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Topless waiters? Classy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    tonight's episode is funny. Im loving Dan's mate Steve, he's bonkers!